PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 Timer

lewis11777
May 15th, 2010, 17:23
Does anyone know if it would be possible to create an on screen timer that presents like a guage that runs seconds and minutes. It doesn't need to be in the form of a round guage actually it could just be the seconds and minutes ticking off like the MPH does when you hit the z key. Only much larger I'm thinking for fine tuning climb and turn speed etc. Or is there already something like that out there?

lewis11777
May 15th, 2010, 18:41
Ok I kind of answered my own question, when you hit the z key there is a zulu time display complete with min, hours, secs, etc but very small. Now does anyone know where the file is to alter that. Yes I looked at the viewui.xml but there is nothing on there about zulu time display.

hairyspin
May 16th, 2010, 11:36
Would be an interesting addition to a cockpit, but the only clock function I can find in the SDK is for hours and minutes (clock_needle_hours and clock_needle_minutes). No second hand.

Unless someone knows of an undocumented gauge feature?

lewis11777
May 16th, 2010, 12:28
Well the display that comes up when you hit the z key is not in the viewui.xml. You can click and drag everything else on screen but not that. If you just knew where the parameters were for that, you could probably disable everything except for the mins and secs line. Then you could enlarge those two for tuning up flight performance. That would help you with timed turns climb speed etc.

MajorMagee
May 16th, 2010, 12:35
It's probably just hard coded.

If you could figure out what font set is calls up you could at lease make the size bigger in font.xml