PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Flyers fans...

Rami
May 14th, 2010, 18:11
Well, ya did it. You've done something that only three other teams in NHL history have done...come back from a 3-0 series deficit to win the series.

So I have to begrudgingly say this....CONGRATS! :ernae:

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to grab my torch and pitchfork to join the mob going past my house. We're going to kidnap Claude Julien and hang him from the mast of the USS Constitution by his scr*tum. :a1451:

Ken Stallings
May 14th, 2010, 18:41
This has been a Stanley Cup to remember already!

With the Habs beating top seed Washington and then two seed Pittsburgh back-to-back, and now the Flyers come back from 0-3 down to win the series!

And we haven't even yet started the championship series!

Ken

Ken Stallings
May 14th, 2010, 18:42
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to grab my torch and pitchfork to join the mob going past my house. We're going to kidnap Claude Julien and hang him from the mast of the USS Constitution by his scr*tum. :a1451:

Am I the only one who reflexively crossed his legs after reading that? :icon_lol:

Ken

Roadburner440
May 15th, 2010, 01:44
I was just glad to see the Bruins lose after they beat my Buffalo Sabres. So now I can go about my life that the Bruins and Penguins lost. :icon_lol: Definite congrats to the Fliers as I thought they were basically done... That first game they won in OT was very impressive tho. I thought they may have let it go when the Bruins tied it toward the end.. but looks like that was the beginning of the end for Boston as they have won the last 4 games straight after that. Should be a very good semi-finals series, and Stanley Cup. Cannot wait. To bad Red Dead Redemption comes out this week. Ahhhh the choices.

Rami
May 15th, 2010, 05:01
Roadrunner,

I understand. I was born in Niagara Falls and have always had split loyalties when it comes to the Buffalo teams.

I look back with affection on Pat LaFontaine, Dale Hawerchuk, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, etc. just as you do.

Snuffy
May 15th, 2010, 10:43
Would these Flyers be the team that beat the Penguins? (seein as how I don't religiously follow hockey ...) I mean to say, that lately, the past week anyhow, I've noticed when I've been surfing that the penguins were playing practically every night, so I assumed they were in the playoffs ... :redf:

Musta been hell in Pittsburgh I'll bet.

Panther_99FS
May 15th, 2010, 22:38
Anyone else remember the Penguin's blue uniforms besides me :ques:

dmaloof
May 15th, 2010, 22:49
Those Bruins should be banned from the city! All we have to look forward to is the 2nd pick in the nhl draft in June.