Any word on this?

Thanks.

cheezyflier
May 13th, 2010, 10:39
i have a word for it....

tigisfat
May 13th, 2010, 10:39
Snuffy,

listen to your inner conspiracy theorist. This was intentional, for it's what your ban will look like once it finally goes through. When the ban does go into effect, having already been exposed to this screen you won't lash out in anger, you'll accept it as normal and simply no longer be able to get onto the site anymore.

It's genius, really.

:icon_lol:

Moparmike
May 13th, 2010, 14:34
Snuffy,

listen to your inner conspiracy theorist. This was intentional, for it's what your ban will look like once it finally goes through. When the ban does go into effect, having already been exposed to this screen you won't lash out in anger, you'll accept it as normal and simply no longer be able to get onto the site anymore.

It's genius, really.

Is that a dig tig? Not a wise move my friend! The owners, admin, and staff have the only say in who gets banned here at SOH.

Back to the server busy notices...
You can thank the Chinese and eastern European spammers for the server load. The email system gets "pushed" pretty regularly as of late. The word from Ickie is that it is pretty consistent with it's timing and the mail server gets glutted with a bunch of rejected messages from non-existant SOH mail accounts. They're not getting sent from our mail server, but when they get rejected they wind up back here as rejected/failed sends.
Basically it all winds up sourcing from computers with no anti-virus protection. They get infected and are turned into spam-bots that wind up loading down the whole net with this garbage.

Here's a short sample:

Toastmaker
May 13th, 2010, 14:42
Hmm. . . I got the distinct and real clear impression that tigisfat was just kidding around with Snuffy. . .

:running:

tigisfat
May 13th, 2010, 15:24
Is that a dig tig? Not a wise move my friend! The owners, admin, and staff have the only say in who gets banned here at SOH.

No dig at the staff or Snuffy,

I was just ribbing him a little bit. I'm the furthest thing from a conspiracy theorist, and I know Snuffy is too. Snuffy is probably less likely to get banned than I am. :icon_lol: Again, no dig, harm, insult or general questioning of the site's management meant in any way. Cheers! :ernae:

edit: Thanks Toastmaker. Cheers to you as well. :ernae:

Snuffy
May 13th, 2010, 15:58
Conspiracy? WHAT? ME? WHERE!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

:running:

Thanks MM for that concise dissertation ... ;)

redriver6
May 13th, 2010, 19:03
i have a word for it....

and what would that be?

Snuffy
May 13th, 2010, 19:17
i have a word for it....

and what would that be?

Supercalafragalisticexpealadocious. :wavey:

redriver6
May 13th, 2010, 19:27
Supercalafragalisticexpealadocious. :wavey:

AckAck
May 13th, 2010, 20:01
Jeez - ONE WORD, and you spell it wrong? :d

Brian

(Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious)

cheezyflier
May 14th, 2010, 05:18
and what would that be?

it would be aaaaaaaaauuuuuugggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

:angryfir:

smilo
May 14th, 2010, 06:34
well said, Mike :salute:
brief and to the point.
since this is an ongoing issue,
may I suggest a sticky?