PDA

View Full Version : SkyUnlimited P-38 L and J

PJMack
May 12th, 2010, 21:55
Good conversion with a few add ons.

msfossey
May 13th, 2010, 22:10
PJ, is this a payware package? If it's a straight forward conversion I may be interested; so where can I find it?

thanks,
msfossey

PJMack
May 14th, 2010, 02:41
PJ, is this a payware package? If it's a straight forward conversion I may be interested; so where can I find it?

thanks,
msfossey

It's at SkyUnlimited and is a trickey conversion. Also, the drop tanks cannot be removed as of yet. It is pretty though. Let me know if I can help.:salute:

PJMack
May 17th, 2010, 19:31
Bill,

I have converted all that you requested and two DPs. The e model does not have the tanks so I was able to add bomb loads.:wavey:

Typhoon Willy
May 18th, 2010, 01:26
Hi PJ,

Thanks for the info!

TW

Eoraptor1
May 19th, 2010, 09:52
PJ,

Have you tried using DXTBMP to make the textures on the drop tanks transparent? I don't know if this would work or not, because I don't have the plane. Just something to think about.

JAMES

PJMack
May 19th, 2010, 10:28
PJ,

Have you tried using DXTBMP to make the textures on the drop tanks transparent? I don't know if this would work or not, because I don't have the plane. Just something to think about.

JAMES
James,

Thanks for the idea but I do not like the results due to "the ghost outline" that this causes. I will live with the tanks. Thank you for your thoughts.:wavey:

PJMack
May 20th, 2010, 19:36

PJMack
May 21st, 2010, 11:51
xxxx

Shessi
May 21st, 2010, 13:29
Patrick,
I'm not going to lend you any of my planes if that's the way you treat them!!...:d

Good looking P38 and nice conversion.

I take it the nose wheel extends ok?

If so, it's either a contact point problem or an oleo damping problem.

Did you use the SU ac.cfg file? Try the default CFS2 P38 file and see what that does.
If that works, copy across line 1 in the contacts points, that will be the nose wheel and replace the line in the SU one.
To stiffen the oelo legs, in line 1,2 and 3 in the contact points and find a sections 10, which may read 2.5, change those to 2500, that will remove the dampening action, stffening the legs.

Also are the engines catching fire by themselves??????

Cheers Shessi

PJMack
May 21st, 2010, 16:32
Patrick,
I'm not going to lend you any of my planes if that's the way you treat them!!...:d

Good looking P38 and nice conversion.

I take it the nose wheel extends ok?

If so, it's either a contact point problem or an oleo damping problem.

Did you use the SU ac.cfg file? Try the default CFS2 P38 file and see what that does.
If that works, copy across line 1 in the contacts points, that will be the nose wheel and replace the line in the SU one.
To stiffen the oelo legs, in line 1,2 and 3 in the contact points and find a sections 10, which may read 2.5, change those to 2500, that will remove the dampening action, stffening the legs.

Also are the engines catching fire by themselves??????

Cheers Shessi

Mark,

Thanks for replying. I just saw that there was a lull in the postings and decided to post some pix. I did an air file that is superb.:salute:

Shessi
May 22nd, 2010, 01:39
Is there a problem or just baaaaad landings???!! :d

Cheers Shessi

sc7500
May 22nd, 2010, 08:53
" ...oleo damping problem... "?

Yet ANOTHER regional definition challenge for me....

Referring to the shock absorber oil viscosity ?

SC
:kilroy:

Eoraptor1
May 22nd, 2010, 12:25
James,

Thanks for the idea but I do not like the results due to "the ghost outline" that this causes. I will live with the tanks. Thank you for your thoughts.:wavey:

I figured that might happen. Still a very nice looking conversion, though.

JAMES

Shessi
May 22nd, 2010, 16:00
SC7500,
Yes siree! :d

Cheers!

sc7500
May 22nd, 2010, 17:18
... Perhaps an Old Dog CAN learn new stuff after all ???

SC
:kilroy:

PJMack
May 22nd, 2010, 17:19
Is there a problem or just baaaaad landings???!! :d

Cheers Shessi

Mark,

I believe that the Black Sheep flew F4U1s...LOL