PDA

View Full Version : Fortress Rabaul

Hern07
May 11th, 2010, 21:26
Just bought a copy of Fortress Rabaul today and HIGHLY recommend it for anyone with an interest in the South Pacific. A very good read. Lots of information I didn't know about the Australlian participation in the early months of the war in the South Pacifc area. Much new information and new perspectives by an excellent author. Would make a great campaign for some intrepid mission builder.

Jagdflieger
May 12th, 2010, 03:40
I just got my copy too. Took a while to get over here, but it finally came along with a copy of "The Path of Infinite Sorrow" a book on the Japanese effort on the Kokoda Track over the Owen Stany Mountains in New Guinea.

Pips
May 12th, 2010, 04:52
Halfway through reading it and loving every page. The detail Gamble covers is simply rivetting.

A great follow-on to his previous book "Darkest Hour: The True Story of Lark Force at Rabaul".

Hern07
May 12th, 2010, 21:29
Have to get Lark Force, although I'm sure it will not be a pleasant book. Probably somethibg like Flyboys? Learned an unbeliveable fact from this book, B-17's flying skip-bombing missions at night. Still not sure I believe it.