PDA

View Full Version : mission builder topless

gaw
May 11th, 2010, 12:58
OK....the sex lure....works for tool catalogs.....ought to work here... SO.....reinstalled ETO but my MB always redirects itself to PTO.....so that when I open ETO MB to make sure there are no missing items before playing...and crashing the system....a new mission, I can can check for missing parts.............right? if MB can open it...the game can open it....95% of the time. How can I edit the MB I have to direct itself to ETO instead of PTO. Missing aircraft....ai_cat...., or missing a6m2...while flying over Belgium...is awkward to say the least. No doubt I've buggered the installs a bit what with 5 shows to keep working. Thanks fellas....gaw

italflyer
May 11th, 2010, 21:57
make a shortcut to your MB in ETO, then make sure the "run in" tab shows to your ETO folder (not the MB folder)

this should do the trick

cheers

gaw
May 12th, 2010, 04:21
thanks....i'll give it a go!

ndicki
May 12th, 2010, 05:00
When you've tried that, you might find it doesn't work. There's another thing to do with jpeg.dll or something.

The trick is to copy-paste the MB shortcut that is in CFS3 root (any install), and then open it up by clicking on "properties". Then change the target and start-in lines, taking GREAT care not to overwrite the tags, etc. Ideally, DO NOT replace the entire line, just the name of the install.

"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 Mediterranean Air War\mb\mb.exe"

"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 Mediterranean Air War\"

Creating a shortcut from the MB.exe in the MB folder does not normally work.

Old Tiger
May 12th, 2010, 07:19
When you've tried that, you might find it doesn't work. There's another thing to do with jpeg.dll or something.

The trick is to copy-paste the MB shortcut that is in CFS3 root (any install), and then open it up by clicking on "properties". Then change the target and start-in lines, taking GREAT care not to overwrite the tags, etc. Ideally, DO NOT replace the entire line, just the name of the install.

"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 Mediterranean Air War\mb\mb.exe"

"D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS3 Mediterranean Air War\"
Creating a shortcut from the MB.exe in the MB folder does not normally work.

:wavey: What works for me is to copy a folder called The Desert Rats, it's in Maw and Pto copy it to ETO then open it, iside find a file called dr_launch_mb.exe has a scorpion icon, send it to desktop shortcut. Run it :salute:Works for me.