PDA

View Full Version : The best one man show in the business!

Cazzie
May 11th, 2010, 06:35
He's a legend in the UK and popular in Europe, but he hails from Mississippi. Seasick Steve is the best one man show I have ever seen, period! He's a storyteller, rich bum, musician, songwriter, singer, and just an original talent! He can play Bo-Diddley on a one-string contraption! This is not modern Blues, this is Blues like John Lee Hooker played it, raw, straight forward, personal.

Caz

zi_0k3hzNS4

stiz
May 11th, 2010, 07:44
Seasick Steve is the best one man show I have ever seen

agreed! :applause: :applause: :applause: rember seeing him on later with jools holland a while back, hes great to watch!

cheezyflier
May 11th, 2010, 07:45
look/listen closely, he has 3 strings. he can do more with 3 than i can with 6 :applause:

saw this link on a guitar forum recently. good stuff!

tigisfat
May 11th, 2010, 11:04
Man, that guy's just got it running through his veins. :kilroy:

Pauke! Pauke!
May 11th, 2010, 11:05
Whoa! Thar be some Delta Blues, fo' sure! Great stuff!

djscoo
May 11th, 2010, 11:57
I don't think he is even marginally talented. I rank him beside Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, those Kardashian gals, Octo-Mom and the Balloon Boy parents....just another worthless blight on the human species. Just wish the media would stop following them around so they could finally fade out of sight and be forgotten.

oh...wrong thread.:icon_lol:

Seriously though, I saw him on Top Gear last season I think. I had never heard of him before that, but he is really talented and creative. His instruments are all homemade/heavily modified. I think he said that three string guitar had three strings when he got it, and he just learned to play it like that and never bothered to put on the other half.
:ernae:

tigisfat
May 11th, 2010, 12:12
.... those Kardashian gals, .....

That's wrong. Those Kardashian sisters are well known for....for......

OBIO
May 11th, 2010, 14:19
That guy can do more with a three string guitfiddle than most modern music groups can do with an entire 12 piece band. Simply amazing. Need to look up some more of his stuff.

OBIO

harleyman
May 11th, 2010, 19:18
Definalely in the style of Mississippi Delta Blues....

he reminds me of Brownie McGee or Leadbelly !

good stuff fo sho !