PDA

View Full Version : Almost there...

Piglet
May 10th, 2010, 23:07
Almost done... Still got to whip up an airfile.

tigisfat
May 10th, 2010, 23:18
:barf::barf:

The awesomeness is too much for me to handle. Please.....carry on without me. I must regain my composure and prepare the virtual world for airshow performances the likes it has never seen.

Daube
May 10th, 2010, 23:33
Can't wait !! :jump:

alain0568
May 10th, 2010, 23:40
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Alain

-

skyhawka4m
May 11th, 2010, 03:24
Once again Tim...outstanding! I can see this in some nice "what-if" paint scheme's.

If I could add yto your suggestion box a couple ideas:

FJ-4B
OV-10D ported to FSX
RV-8 or RV-10 would be even better, both of which with nose gear.

mike_cyul
May 11th, 2010, 03:40
Nice work! :applause:

Mike

empeck
May 11th, 2010, 04:05
:ernae: :ernae:

dswo
May 11th, 2010, 04:06
The awesomeness is too much for me to handle. Please.....carry on without me. I must regain my composure and prepare the virtual world for airshow performances the likes it has never seen.

Stay on target, stay on target...His targeting computer's off! Tig, you switched off your targeting computer. What's wrong?

peter12213
May 11th, 2010, 05:30
Stunning Mate, just stunning!

Slund
May 11th, 2010, 07:39
Fantastic, I can't wait. Your ability to create these aircraft so quickly and at such a high standard is amazing, my hats off to you. :salute:

gradyhappyg
May 11th, 2010, 07:58
WOW!!!!!!!!!
Simply WOW!!!!!!!!
Please don't forget the dog treats. LOL

Warrant
May 11th, 2010, 08:12
SWEET! :jump::ernae::salute:

cheezyflier
May 11th, 2010, 08:34
ssshhhhhwweeeeeeeeeettt!!!!!!!!!

Lionheart
May 11th, 2010, 09:05
Brilliant work Tim!

:ernae:

Bill

fsafranek
May 11th, 2010, 10:04
~ Magnificent Lightning ~

Just like all your previous work, looking forward to this one.
:ernae:

jbDC9
May 11th, 2010, 12:42
If I could add to your suggestion box a couple ideas:

RV-8 or RV-10 would be even better, both of which with nose gear.

Whaaaat? An RV-8 with a nose wheel? That's just crazy talk, everyone knows that a proper RV-8 has a tailwheel... of course, I'm a bit biased since I built/fly a taildragger -8.;)

doublecool
May 11th, 2010, 13:18
ah the "Piglet" Strikes again :jump::applause:

PS: and I like to two boxs of DOG treats

heywooood
May 11th, 2010, 16:19
ouch...my rig is farqued these many days - no FSX and now look - between the Luscomb and now this beauty...

my withdrawals are megantic

stupid "memory referenced yadayada..cannot be read" error mumbo jimbo....

Hurricane91
May 11th, 2010, 16:51
I love that panel with the English placards. Nice touch.

Ken Stallings
May 11th, 2010, 16:53
Almost done... Still got to whip up an airfile.

Looks ready for CFS4, Tim! :engel016:

If only there was a CFS4!!!

Cheers,

Ken

Kiwikat
May 11th, 2010, 16:56
Whaaaat? An RV-8 with a nose wheel? That's just crazy talk, everyone knows that a proper RV-8 has a tailwheel... of course, I'm a bit biased since I built/fly a taildragger -8.;)

Don't worry, both the RV-8 and RV-8A are being covered... :salute:

OBIO
May 11th, 2010, 17:07
Piglet

You keep this up and I will be forced to trade my kidney for a computer that will run FSX properly....your work is slowly but surely drawing me toward the Dark Side. I have enjoyed your work in CFS2 and FS9....all great stuff....but they pale in comparison to what you are doing in FSX. How much of that is increased skill/talent on your part and how much is thanks to FSX allowing you a richer environment in which to wield your talents....doesn't really matter which...but clearly FSX agrees with your modeling and texturing skills.

OBIO

tigisfat
May 11th, 2010, 17:37

Great!! So I can do this in the sim:

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/RV-7.jpg

Kiwikat
May 11th, 2010, 18:08
Great!! So I can do this in the sim:

Lol, if you really want, I'll ask. :salute:

That's one interesting aircraft Mr. Piglet. Looks great!

Piglet
May 11th, 2010, 18:15
Please don't forget the dog treats. LOL
Never forget the treats, Padiwan!
The English labels are a "What if?" If the Air intel Unit had test flown the plane, and had labeled the critical controls and devices. Since the Shinden flew at war's end, a former IJN pilot was "hired" to fly her. Lucky guy!
As for RV's with nose wheels, are you crazy?!?!

skyhawka4m
May 11th, 2010, 19:39

Are you referring to the BAYTOWER plane? I haven't seen any movement on that site for many months and was really looking forward to it.

And how can you not like the RV-10 with nose gear?

skyhawka4m
May 11th, 2010, 19:41
for that matter.....how about an RV-6 with nose gear??

Naki
May 11th, 2010, 19:45
Kiwikat is making an RV-8 (some update pics would be great)..must say that RV-10 looks very nice and looks a bit like a Grumman Tiger (the 70/80s GA variety)

The Baytower RV seems to be dead which is a pity since it was looking very nice and almost finished.

...but this thread suppose to be about a Japanese ww2 fighter not an American Homebuilt :jump:

Kiwikat
May 11th, 2010, 19:51
Kiwikat is making an RV-8 (some update pics would be great)..must say that RV-10 looks very nice and looks a bit like a Grumman Tiger (the 70/80s GA variety)

The Baytower RV seems to be dead which is a pity since it was looking very nice and almost finished.

Baytower was doing a RV-7.

And I'm not making a RV-8. My talents end at the occasional repaint lol. And about the -10... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :costum:

I hope the person who is making the -8 can show previews sometime s**n. :jump:

/hijack This is Piglet's thread. Please make another thread about the RV-8 if you wish to talk about it. :salute:

roger-wilco-66
May 11th, 2010, 23:44
Never forget the treats, Padiwan!
The English labels are a "What if?" If the Air intel Unit had test flown the plane, and had labeled the critical controls and devices. Since the Shinden flew at war's end, a former IJN pilot was "hired" to fly her. Lucky guy!
As for RV's with nose wheels, are you crazy?!?!

Nice info, I really look forward to that! :ernae:

Cheers,
Mark

skyhawka4m
May 12th, 2010, 04:01
Sorry...didn't mean to get the thread off topic....I am truly dying for anything new from Tim and this latest one looks awesome! :salute:

Daube
May 12th, 2010, 06:14
We need a suitable repaint as well :P

huub vink
May 12th, 2010, 10:19
Beautiful Tim and I'm amazed by the speed you are working with!

Huub

PutPut
May 12th, 2010, 12:47
Tim, The hangar floor space is reserved and am awaiting shipment. Looks magnificent! :jump:

Paul

Hurricane91
May 21st, 2010, 06:28
An excellent reference to the Kyushu J7W1 is Famous Airplanes Of The World,No.102. Bunrin-Do Publishing, 1978*. The text is in Japanese but the photos and drawings are priceless to any aviation enthusiast. The photo shows the installation of the Mitubishi 18 cylinder engine with the cowling panels removed. The accessories gearbox with twin superchargers is to the front of the aircraft on the left. The entire engine, extension shaft and propeller are attached to the three wing spars with a steel tube structure. It seems likely that access to the lower cylinder spark plugs inspired countless automotive engineers.

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab289/Hurricane91/See%20here/J7W1.jpg

*Out of print but occasionaly shows up on e-Bay.

Lateral-G
May 22nd, 2010, 04:57
Looking good Tim.

On a side note how does FSX model canard type aircraft? Are the stall characteristics (or lack thereof) accurately portrayed?

-G-

Sundog
May 22nd, 2010, 11:56
Looking good Tim.

On a side note how does FSX model canard type aircraft? Are the stall characteristics (or lack thereof) accurately portrayed?

-G-

Canards aren't stall proof unless they're specifically designed for that, such as the Rutan Canards. I've yet to come across any information that would indicate the Shinden was stall proof. Just FYI.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this as much as you are. :)

Piglet
May 22nd, 2010, 18:53
Got that book, well it's No. 129, but it's got that pic.
Hopefully I'll get it out the door this weekend (of the 22nd May)