PDA

View Full Version : Sound Query

PeteHam
May 6th, 2010, 21:51
I want to add a reverser sound to use in the Antonov An-148 (samdim design).

I thought the HJG BAe 146-300QT sound is pretty good but lacks the reverse sound as there were no reversers fitted.

I've searched through the default B737 and Lear 45 sounds but can't locate any named reverse sound.

Can someone point me in the right direction to a suitable reverse sound please ?

And is it as simple adding the wav file and cfg entry ?

Thanks for your help.

Pete.

PeteHam
May 10th, 2010, 16:46
I know we have a few sound Guru's out here. :wavey:

All I need is a reverser sound ( default is ok ) to add to the HJG's BAe 146-300QT sound ...... please.

Pete

aeromed202
May 10th, 2010, 17:18
I'd like to know too. I can't find a reference in the sound cfg or main sound folder. Does it arise from the normal combustion files?

Wing_Z
May 10th, 2010, 17:25
Dunno if this helps, but just from listening, I'd say lan2t.wav and xlan2t.wav from the stock Lear sounds like a reverser...

PeteHam
May 23rd, 2010, 23:05
Hi Guys,

Still not having any joy in trying to mate up a reverser sound into the HJG's BAe 146-300QT sound folder for use in my Antonov An-148.

I added the lan2t.wav and xlan2t.wav from the stock Lear sounds but either I did the cfg wrong or these aren't reverser sounds.

So I need help please ..... if anyone can help :wavey:

Thanks.

Pete.

OBIO
May 24th, 2010, 07:24
Lan2T and XLan2T are the reverser sounds in the stock Lear sound pack. I have been looking at a few jet sound packs, seeing how they handle reverser sounds and there isn't one clear cut way to do it. I will be tinkering around to come up with the easiest way to add reverser sounds.....jet sound packs will be a new area of tweaking for me.

OBIO

PeteHam
May 24th, 2010, 12:16
Thanks Obio.

Got your pm.

Pete.

OBIO
May 27th, 2010, 21:39
For those who use the sound pack that Pete mentioned, the HJG BAe 146-300QT, here's how to fix the reverser sounds so they work.

Open the sound config file, scroll down through the lines (lots and lots of lines) looking for those lines that call up the sound files roar1, roar2, roar3, roar4 and x_roar1, x_roar2, x_roar3, and x_roar4. These are the reverser sounds. In each section that calls one of these sounds, look for the line FLAGS=0. Change the 0 to an 8 and there you have it. Four simple changes will give this sound pack the reverser sounds.

OBIO

PeteHam
May 28th, 2010, 23:30
Once again OBIO has done a superb job :applause:

Thanks Tim.

:ernae:

Pete.