PDA

View Full Version : C.S. TF-104 in FSX

Wings of Gold
May 6th, 2010, 18:16
I am a big fan of the Lockheed F-104, and fly the AlphaSim single seat version in FSX. I really want a two seat TF-104, but the only one that I am aware of is a part of the Captain Sim Fs9 Legendary F-104 package. Has anyone tried this aircraft in FSX? Does it port over into FSX Acceleration well - or with major problems? I obviously realize that all the bump-mapping etc. will not be present - but does the VC (for example) have holes in it? I can replace old fs9 gauges, but I would really appreciate it if anyone can comment on this project prior to my investing money into a (perhaps) unworkable aircraft.

Bill

hschuit
May 7th, 2010, 00:02
It is a bit of a long thread but it contains a lot of intel needed to make the CS 104 fly in FSX:

FSX General Discussion -> old CS F-104 in FSX :

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=21068 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=21068)

cheers, Henk Schuitemaker

dougal
May 7th, 2010, 02:11
CS provide a FREE patch to run the bird in FSX!

hschuit
May 7th, 2010, 02:50

That is a well kept secret then... I just checked on the CS Support forum, the only thing that I see mentioned recently is "Yes, we are planing the F104 for the FSX..." Where did you get this patch ???

Thanks, Henk

Lateral-G
May 7th, 2010, 05:49

I too would like to see this patch.....

-G-

Wings of Gold
May 7th, 2010, 13:15
Hi Henk, Thanks for the link to the previous thread on the CS F-104 in FSX. Really good reading. About halfway though I came on a statement that "C.S. only modeled a BACKSEAT VC on the TF-104". Will you please confirm that for me. I have spent entirely too many actual hours in the back seat to enjoy more in FltSim. I'm afraid that would be a deal-breaker for me. BR, Bill

hschuit
May 7th, 2010, 22:19
Indeed, there is no front seat VC on the TF-104, just an empty grey panel. If you insist on the VC you have to fly it from the backseat or use the 2D panel (which is very good).

cheers, Henk.

DaveQ
May 8th, 2010, 02:25
Hi Henk, Thanks for the link to the previous thread on the CS F-104 in FSX. Really good reading. About halfway though I came on a statement that "C.S. only modeled a BACKSEAT VC on the TF-104". Will you please confirm that for me. I have spent entirely too many actual hours in the back seat to enjoy more in FltSim. I'm afraid that would be a deal-breaker for me. BR, Bill

Try flying this bird from the back seat; use ctl-enter and shift-enter to put yourself there. It's great fun and even more of a challenge than the single seater!

DaveQ

Railrunner130
May 8th, 2010, 07:16
No kidding. I got myself reasonably proficient at flying the TF from the front seat at one time. I decided to transition to the rear seat and it was like learning to walk, talk and chew gum at the same time all over again. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard. However, you have to learn a while new sight picture.