PDA

View Full Version : KM's PBY Panel for FS9

burcham8
November 11th, 2008, 17:18
Hello all,

Has anyone else had any trouble with Ken Mitchell's PBY panel? It seems to take forever to load AND there's something in it that crashes my FS9 to the desktop.

Any thoughts?

Marc

leonross
November 11th, 2008, 18:30
I suspect it's one or more of the gauges that's causing the CTD .

Tom Clayton
November 11th, 2008, 21:30
That one has ini files as part of the gauge package. I tried another one that had the same thing and it took forever to load too. Part of those ini files controls wave files that should be in Flight Simulator 9\Sound\pby5. I've seen some panels that would crash the Sim if compnents like that weren't in place.

(I'm a compulsive hoarder when it comes to certain types of FS files!:isadizzy:)

Astoroth
November 11th, 2008, 23:26
And evidently well organized, eh Tom! I am a hoarder too, but they're all just thrown together into one folder, "FS Downloads". Makes for a fun time when looking for a particular file....but then again sometimes while looking for something I will stumble across a file and just HAVE to put it back in again for awhile, hehe'

burcham8
November 12th, 2008, 02:42
What you're saying makes sense, but is there anything one can DO about it? (I can't figure our how to use the panel and make it not crash). Usually, on KM's panels the one thing you don't wnat to do is to use "shift+number" to shift views. However, when you hit one of the panel icons, it crashes as well.

Marc

Tom Clayton
November 12th, 2008, 07:32
What you're saying makes sense, but is there anything one can DO about it? (I can't figure our how to use the panel and make it not crash). Usually, on KM's panels the one thing you don't wnat to do is to use "shift+number" to shift views. However, when you hit one of the panel icons, it crashes as well.

Marc
As long as the sound subfolder is in place inside the global Sound folder, I couldn't say. Ken's been out of the panel business for quite some time and I don't know how to contact him any more.

Astoroth, I only have a few "Authors" in that part of my collection, the rest is just lumped into a pile. If I want something, I just have to hope I can use Ctrl+F to find it!:isadizzy: