PDA

View Full Version : Some quick Corsair II screenshots....

Navy Chief
May 6th, 2010, 15:46
I am not too great with screenshots, but thought I would post a few of the (soon) to be finished Razbam A-7 Corsair II.

It's in the final stretch, according to Ron. No release date, but not far off.

Go NAVAIR.

NC

MudMarine
May 6th, 2010, 15:51
:jump::jump::jump::applause::applause::applause:

XLR8
May 6th, 2010, 15:57
Nice ! Will come with ordnance.

Navy Chief
May 6th, 2010, 16:14
Nice ! Will come with ordnance.

Most definitely!

JamesChams
May 6th, 2010, 16:25
... thought I would post a few of the (soon) to be finished Razbam A-7 Corsair II.Thanks, Chief! :salute:
I was beginning to wonder if RAZBAM was going to do any more aircraft since, I haven't heard or seen any thing recently; Glad to see that they are alive and well. :wavey:

BTW: Any hope for news on the T-2 for FSX?

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

MenendezDiego
May 6th, 2010, 17:31
I can't wait!

On a different note...I mentioned this during production of the F-102...the paints just aren't doing it for me. It's not the choice of scheme, but the way they are done. They look too cartoonie, dry, and bland.

Have you guys thought of having someone else give it a go with the paints?

I did not go for the F-102 based soley on this. I know it sounds harsh and strange, but something of this quality and detail, surely deserves an equally amazing paint

Regards, and I still can't wait, Diego

Navy Chief
May 6th, 2010, 18:01
[QUOTE=JamesChams;409396]Thanks, Chief! :salute:
I was beginning to wonder if RAZBAM was going to do any more aircraft since, I haven't heard or seen any thing recently; Glad to see that they are alive and well. :wavey:

BTW: Any hope for news on the T-2 for FSX?

Hey James.

Other than I know Ron has worked on the T-2 for FSX, I don't have an update. But I too, am looking forward to it!!

skyhawka4m
May 6th, 2010, 20:34
Looks pretty good other than the stance is too high.

kack911
May 6th, 2010, 22:10
Yummy. Would love to see a "Big D" model with the A/R receptical instead of the probe, you know, for us landlubbers.

Dag
May 7th, 2010, 02:18
I would probably get me this addon just to see what it would be like to paint down to the last stencil. The A-7 is a firm favorite and I would probably redo lines/rivets/fasteners and the lot with associated bump-maps etc.

skyhawka4m
May 7th, 2010, 03:58
I would probably get me this addon just to see what it would be like to paint down to the last stencil. The A-7 is a firm favorite and I would probably redo lines/rivets/fasteners and the lot with associated bump-maps etc.

With your paints Dag I'm sure this will sell alot.

Navy Chief
May 7th, 2010, 05:58

There are so many beautiful squadron paints when they were Hi Viz. Many were extremely colorful; i.e. VA-192 Golden Dragons, and VA-87 Golden Warriors, just to name a couple. The tactical gray paint scheme changed all that.

"Dirty" paint schemes will be great to see. When panels were removed for maintenance, it was common to place the fasteners in a plastic bag with lubricant. So when the panels were reinstalled, there was a visible line around the panel from the lubricant. Add to that, hydraulic and oil stains, and the aircraft definitely was not clean. The SLUF intake always had hyd fluid stains; as did other areas, such as the Leading Edge Flap actuator panels. And there was always oil stains underneath!

NC

Dag
May 7th, 2010, 21:57
With your paints Dag I'm sure this will sell alot.

Nahh I always end up doing then too clean. I wonder how the mapping is on this one? We'll have to see. I do have a fair bit of ref on the type though. I tend to talk... talk and talk and end up doing nothing so don't expect anything :-)
I did two paints for the 102, very clean. One in aluminium paint (Calif ANG) and one in ADC grey (Vermont ANG), I hope those are not too cartoonish.

Dag
May 7th, 2010, 21:58
There are so many beautiful squadron paints when they were Hi Viz. Many were extremely colorful; i.e. VA-192 Golden Dragons, and VA-87 Golden Warriors, just to name a couple. The tactical gray paint scheme changed all that.

"Dirty" paint schemes will be great to see. When panels were removed for maintenance, it was common to place the fasteners in a plastic bag with lubricant. So when the panels were reinstalled, there was a visible line around the panel from the lubricant. Add to that, hydraulic and oil stains, and the aircraft definitely was not clean. The SLUF intake always had hyd fluid stains; as did other areas, such as the Leading Edge Flap actuator panels. And there was always oil stains underneath!

NC

Good info.

Prowler1111
May 7th, 2010, 22:05
Dag..contac me, dude.

Prowler

PRB
May 7th, 2010, 22:16
Nice VA-72 paint. That squadron, and her “sister” squadron in the air wing, were the last A-7 squadrons in the navy. They flew in “Gulf War I”, in 1991. They were about to transition to Hornets when the war started. They decided to keep their SLUFs for the upcoming combat deployment because they were familiar and experienced with their A-7s. They didn't want to go to war with new airplanes that were unfamiliar, even if they were better. An interesting decision.

Looking good, RAZBAM people!