PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Alphasim

gavinc
May 6th, 2010, 06:38
Alphasim has released into the wild some more of their older payware models.

The CFS2 native ones are the P-47 and the Fairey Swordfish.

Plus there is an FS2004 PBM Mariner that is just crying out to be converted.

You can find them all over at avsim.com

Gavin

kelticheart
May 6th, 2010, 07:52
Alphasim has released into the wild some more of their older payware models.

The CFS2 native ones are the P-47 and the Fairey Swordfish.

Plus there is an FS2004 PBM Mariner that is just crying out to be converted.

You can find them all over at avsim.com

Gavin

Thanks Gavin!

Could you post a link? I went to Alphasim downloads and I couldn't find the aircraft you listed.

Thank you!
KH:ernae:

TARPSBird
May 6th, 2010, 08:39
KH,
Click on "What's New" at Avsim, go to page 4, AlphaSim freeware starts on that page, file names starting with "alpha_". Also, just checked at Flightsim.com and they're there too under "New Files", same file names.

fsafranek
May 6th, 2010, 09:02
KH,
Click on "What's New" at Avsim, go to page 4, AlphaSim freeware starts on that page, file names starting with "alpha_". Also, just checked at Flightsim.com and they're there too under "New Files", same file names.

Or just search for "Alphasim" and sort by date. I only uploaded them last night so they probably won't appear on the front page until tomorrow. They are currectly listed at flightsim.com as well. Simviation and SOH will follow.

Jagdflieger
May 6th, 2010, 14:02
My thanks to Alphasim too. I've been using the P-47 and the Swordfish for sometime now in both CFS 2 and FS 9 and I can highly recomend them.

Captain Tenneal
May 6th, 2010, 15:52
Cool thanks Alpha! as far a a cfs2 conversion of the PBM I think that was a NoGo I tryed invane to get it to work but was never able to been a while cant remember what issues it had but I'm sure they were show stoppers maybe so one else can do better then I did I hope!!

Ravenna
May 6th, 2010, 16:42
Like Jagd I already have these 2 beauties and they are well worth having. Hopefully the Swordfish comes with all the extras which accompanied it when it was payware. Well done Alpha!:ernae:

gavinc
May 6th, 2010, 23:07
Cool thanks Alpha! as far a a cfs2 conversion of the PBM I think that was a NoGo I tryed invane to get it to work but was never able to been a while cant remember what issues it had but I'm sure they were show stoppers maybe so one else can do better then I did I hope!!

Hi,
Well I just ran a couple of the mdls thru Ivans tool as a test and they seem to convert pretty well. I did one of the amphibians & one of the floaters and most of the animations seem to be there. I had to drop in the flightmodel from Rocksters TBM since the default Alphasim one is for FS2004 and missing a number of key CFS2 fields.
Didn't have time to do a full conversion or test but I had positive results.

Gavin

Bill Kestell
May 7th, 2010, 09:08

Capt'n! (and Gavin too)

I did manage a conversion of both the PBM-3D and PBM-5A.

I did get the 3D to behave nicely and sit properly in the water. However, the 5A is being "difficult". It's fine in the water ... but I CANNOT FIDDLE THE NUMBERS TO GET IT TO SIT PROPERLY ON THE TARMAC!

It either sits with the nose in the dirt .... or flips herself back and buries her tail in the dirt at about a 80 degree angle!

I finally gave up.

If you want, let me know and I'll send her over to you for a workover.

PS ... the wake effect is done and it's killer on this bird. I think she's well worth the extra work to get her to come across ... ok, ok, ok ... just remember, I was talking about an aircraft ... not a babe)

oldwheat
May 7th, 2010, 09:55
My conversions worked fine with Rockster's airfiles.. I also converted the SE5a & was pleasantly surprised to find that it's FR's were quite good. somewhere between the Aerocrate (lower FRs) and the Stuart Green version which had higher frame rates but less detail.

tonybones2112
May 7th, 2010, 10:23
At this writing the P-47 and the Swordfish are showing up at Simviation.

Thanks for the planes friends.

Bones

Bill Kestell
May 7th, 2010, 10:50
My conversions worked fine with Rockster's airfiles.. I also converted the SE5a & was pleasantly surprised to find that it's FR's were quite good. somewhere between the Aerocrate (lower FRs) and the Stuart Green version which had higher frame rates but less detail.

Hi, Larry!

How about the cfg file? I just dropped that in (no changes) and this is what I get. How about you? If I do mess with any of the #1 values ... I end up with my previous pictures.

Sure wish someone would tweak the ground countact poitns so she sits properly (non-subtle hint):wavey:

Billy

miamieagle
May 7th, 2010, 13:23
They are available here http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?ID=301&page=1000:wiggle:

oldwheat
May 7th, 2010, 13:28
Hi, Larry!

How about the cfg file? I just dropped that in (no changes) and this is what I get. How about you? If I do mess with any of the #1 values ... I end up with my previous pictures.

Sure wish someone would tweak the ground countact poitns so she sits properly (non-subtle hint):wavey:

Billy

Billy: I used the stocker .cfg with Jim Jacobsen's airfile. My PC won't even let me use the Alpha airfile even if I wanted to.