PDA

View Full Version : What FSX should I get

Sid2008
May 4th, 2010, 12:53
Just a stupid question here: there seem many variants of FSX out there: in fact there is now a FSX gold. This is just a bit confusing for me. I recently bought a AMD quad core machine which is 2.3 GHZ with Windows XP, 4 GB RAM, and a 1 GB video card. So I was wondering if some of you can direct me to the FSX variant I ought to get that will be optimized for my system.
Thanks,
Sid

stiz
May 4th, 2010, 12:56
FSX standard is a basic fsx
FSX Delux has some more planes flyable and includes the sdk
FSX Gold is fsx delux with accelleration (addon pack) included

my advice, go for FSX gold, gives you everything and you'll be right up to date. Performance wise theres no difference in em, fsx is fsx :wavey:

Ferry_vO
May 4th, 2010, 12:56
FsX Gold = FSX deluxe + sp1, Sp2 and Acceleration.

If you don't want or need Acceleration you should get the free Sp2 update for FsX anyway as it made a huge improvement performance wise.

Acceleration gets you a few more aircraft, more missions and an advanced turbo system over Sp2.
If you plan to get more add-on aircraft etc it is always best to go for the most complete version.

MCDesigns
May 4th, 2010, 13:02
There are 2 versions of FSX, standard and deluxe, but get deluxe for the extra airports/aircraft and SDK. Then there is SP1 and SP2 which should be installed. Then there is the expansion, Acceleration, which also includes SP1 and SP2. You don't need it, but there are some sceneries that won't work without it.

GOLD is just a bundle with FSX and Acceleration, get that if you can

spotlope
May 4th, 2010, 15:38
Go for Gold! Some advanced add-on aircraft use some Acceleration features too, like the HUD. It's definitely worth having, and the Gold edition is usually the best deal financially by far.

Sid2008
May 5th, 2010, 04:36
Thank you all. I'll go for the gold!
Sid

Daube
May 5th, 2010, 04:49
Thank you all. I'll go for the gold!
Sid
Excellent choice :)

guzler
May 5th, 2010, 09:27
What ever you do, make sure you get SP1 & Sp2 installed. They literally doubled my frame rates with an I7 920.

fliger747
May 5th, 2010, 09:38
Get the accel version. The developers thta I work with anyway are producing for that version. You may have certain unavalable features and other malfunction issues with the earlier versions.

The carrier feature is especially nice if you like that sort of aviation.