PDA

View Full Version : Mig-15 Show Livery

falcon409
May 4th, 2010, 10:22
An Air Show Livery I found on Airliners.net. I'm a bit unsure of it's present location, but this airplane had been piloted by Dale Snodgrass and then Tom Righetti who was flying it when it crashed in N.Carolina in 2002. I'm not sure what happened to it after that, except that it was apparently sold and trucked up north somewhere.

The FSX Mig-15 (a portover) is the original product of some pretty talented folks:
Oldliner52
Jean-Pierre Langer
Jean-Pierre Bourgeois
Benoite M Dube
Marc Hardoiun

It looks great, has a very nicely done VC and gauges and is a blast to fly. I aliased an F-86 soundset to it, built a paint kit from scratch to do this livery with and plan on doing two others.

falcon409
May 4th, 2010, 10:42
Well, just as a follow-up, (it pays sometimes to know certain people, lol). I called Sid Snedecker(sp?), since he also flew Migs and asked him about the "622". He said that it did indeed crash on it's way to an Air Show at Oceana. Tom Righetti was flying, got caught in bad weather and spiraled into the ground destroying the Mig. Needless to say, Tom did not survive the crash.

The story from Sid is that Dale Snodgrass was already at Oceana with the F-86 and told Tom if he left right away, there was a window open to allow him to get into Oceana before it got bad. Sid says that Tom wasn't really IFR qualified, got into bad weather, tried to turn back for home, got disoriented and crashed.

Given that, I guess I will dedicate this livery to Tom Righetti.:salute:

Bjoern
May 4th, 2010, 10:48
If you can find a RR Nene soundset (e.g. for the DH Vampire), you'll be on the realistic side in terms of sound. The MiG-15 used an unlicensed, slightly modified copy of it.

The model is quite nice, I remember it from my FS9 days. :d

traindriver98
May 4th, 2010, 11:23
Here are some shots I took in March of '07. Not the same one, but something else to go with 622.

falcon409
May 4th, 2010, 16:54
Nice Paint, looks pretty straight forward, until you notice the stars and stripes graphics, lol. That'll be next since I already have some red mixed up, lol. Thanks TD.:salute:

falcon409
May 5th, 2010, 06:21
Well, I ran into a problem with the stars that wrap around the aft section. As they get closer to the top and bottom they stretch out of shape dramatically. I am going to try compensating by distorting the stars initially so that as they are stretched, they go back to the correct shape. Yea right, like that'll happen, lol. Worth a try tho as it's a pretty nice scheme.

In the meantime, here's a Cuban AF Scheme.