PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Crissy Field

pilottj
May 3rd, 2010, 16:38
Hey folks, there used to be nice little airstrip in San Francisco right along the north side that is now a nice park area commonly used for concerts. I remember in older versions of FS it was there. Has anyone attempted recreate it? If not I dont suppose anyone has an airport diagram for it and I might attempt to make it with Airport Editor or somthing.

Cheers
TJ

tigisfat
May 3rd, 2010, 16:46
Hey folks, there used to be nice little airstrip in San Francisco right along the north side that is now a nice park area commonly used for concerts. I remember in older versions of FS it was there. Has anyone attempted recreate it? If not I dont suppose anyone has an airport diagram for it and I might attempt to make it with Airport Editor or somthing.

Cheers
TJI can supply you with some info, and so can freeman's abandoned airfields website. I'd love it if you made it.

tigisfat
May 3rd, 2010, 16:46

tigisfat
May 3rd, 2010, 16:48
Here's the link to freeman's site here. There's loads of good info, probably enough for your whole project. :ernae:

http://members.tripod.com/airfields_freeman/CA/Airfields_CA_SanFran.htm#crissy

pilottj
May 3rd, 2010, 18:00
Thanks for the info Tig,
I'm not much of a scenery artist or anything so it will look fairly 'default' but i'll provide the source file when I upload it so people can add to it however they wish.

Cheers
TJ

orionll
May 3rd, 2010, 22:13
Ooh, that's actually a brilliant idea!

I've never really delved into airport development yet (read about it, though), but I'll look into it.