PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding

Desert Rat
May 3rd, 2010, 15:23
Recently my sim decided to start CTD'ing after a few minutes of flight, this started happening across all 3 installs, no idea why and I no longer care. Decided to rebuild and hopefully make things better in the process. Also decided to keep a log of what went in and when, best intentions, this may not last, lol.

So here is my install list so far, any suggestions welcome.*

Installed Date tested

FS9 21/04/10 Y
9.1 patch 21/04/10 Y
****** patch (edited out) 21/04/10 Y
Real Environment Pro 22/04/10 Y
Flight Deck 4 22/04/10 Y
Rhumbaflappy Mesh 22/04/10 Y
High Definition Environment v1.0 22/04/10 Y
Track IR already Y
FSPassengers 24/04/10
FSCargo 27/04/10
3D Lights 22/04/10 Y
EZScenery 25/04/10
AFX 23/04/10
HeliTraffic 23/04/10
FSUIPC 3 23/04/10 Y
FS Enhancer 27/04/10
F1View 23/04/10
Autower 2 22/04/10 Y
Radar 24/04/10
Traffic sounds
FS Recorder 2 Beta 23/04/10
Friction module 23/04/10 Y
Autosave
Air Hauler 28/04/10
Tongass Fjords
Sproat Lake
Marthas Vineyard
Misty Fjords
Freight Dogs
Alcatraz
Cabo Key

Been having fun testing everything and just flying. First thing was to get the default aircraft sorted (folder copied for near future GW and SW versions). Started with the C172 and testing in Hawaii (default flights). Added 3D lights, Icing gauge, exhaust effects (triggered), reworked shine on mdl, paints, Real air flight dynamics, anda few other things found on flightsim.

I also removed the tube traffic with the GA weekly traffic file, going to add real life tube traffic instead (for the first time). Any suggestions? Alpha India or WOAI? Who's best,or is a combination a good route?

Anyway, here's how my first test flight proper went....

...looks okay if you ask me.

Jamie

*no more payware please, the wife will string me up by the family jewels!!

Desert Rat
May 3rd, 2010, 15:33
a few more...

bull494
May 3rd, 2010, 15:54
I have not tried the Alpha India group, so I cannot reasonably comment on them. I went with WOAI and have been satisfied with the results. It does come with an installer that is easy to use. Its job is to insert the traffic and model files and even shows a list of which packages you have installed. It also gives you the option to remove airline packages from the same screen.

I have had no diffiulty whatsoever with this setup.

If anybody is using Alpha India, I would like to hear a little about it. I am reinstalling FS9 as a result of instability in the program (couldn't get it figured out). I would be interested in giving it a try.

edmoore235
May 3rd, 2010, 16:03
Both parts 1 and 2 of the following:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Scenery FS2004 Scenery--Glacier Bay
[ Download (http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=109713) | View (http://flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=109713) ]
Name: glbayv2a.zip (http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=109713) Size: 59,206,426 Date: 03-10-2007 Downloads: 5,321
http://flightsim.com/m/glbayv2a.gif FS2004 Scenery--Glacier Bay, Alaska/Canada, version 2. Landscape and scenery enhancements for parts of southeast Alaska (AK) and adjacent B.C./Yukon. Terrain mesh, accurate land class with custom ground textures, detailed shorelines, lakes, rivers, and glaciers. Towns, cabins, lodges. 17 airfields, 16 seaplane bases, 20 airstrips 7 heliports. Compatible with most third-party add-ons. Documentation and configurator incl. By Holger Sandmann and Team. Part 1 of 2.

Works very well with Both Fjords programs!! Take care.

Ed

Wing_Z
May 3rd, 2010, 20:44
WOAI is superb, and as mentioned is utterly painless with a good installer.
You might spend a bit of time there, as you can choose where and how to install the AI.
And get Peter van der Veen's ACA 2005 utility which will weed out any rogue elements (these can slow your sim down)
For my latest sim, I selected AI traffic by airport (just enter the ICAO code on their web page), rather than airline.
So my favourite airports are 100% populated.

If there are any airlines they don't have, I go to Alpha India.
They also have some beautiful models that I've swapped in to WOAI flightplans
As a last resort, PAI has some older models and FP's that aren't in WOAI yet.

Matter of interest, you list "Friction Module" - what's that??

Desert Rat
May 4th, 2010, 07:28
Thanks for the input guys, will put it to good use.

The friction module is a hacked sim1.dll that I got some time ago (can't reveal my sources, but a good few of the members have it IIRC) that reduces the resistance to ground roll, etc to more life-like levels (all speculative I suppose, but I'm just used to it now).

Ed, thanks for pointing that out, forgot about that one :isadizzy: I also forgot all my Georender scenery and Emma field, etc. My excuse is that these will be specific to the era of each install, I hadn't got that far yet, lol. But yeah, they will probably end up in all the installs :d

I've got a long way to go yet.
thanks,
Jamie

Desert Rat
May 4th, 2010, 12:00
missed some... (well actually, was still trying to get to grips with the new attachment feature :d)