PDA

View Full Version : Either. . .or. . .I think!

falcon409
November 11th, 2008, 13:40
I've been doing a bunch of Bush Flying over at the "Bushpounders ALASKA" website and flying mostly the great Turbo Beaver from PAD. The more I fly it though, the more I wish the VC bitmap was a bit clearer and things fit just a bit better. . .soooooooooo, lol. . .this is a WIP, but I'm redoing the VC bitmap. I think this should work in both FS9 and FSX, so once I'm finished with it, those who might be interested can download it here, once I get permission from the folks over at PAD.

falcon409
November 11th, 2008, 13:42
The image is a bit contorted due to my monitor size, sorry 'bout that.:kilroy:

EasyEd
November 11th, 2008, 14:25
Hey All,

Good to see this! :ernae:

It isn't just the dash textures it's the rest of the interior textures as well especially in the VC. The interior textures are the main reason I don't fly this plane much even though it is a favorite - externally and performancewise.

Any plans to "fix" any of the other textures? I've no doubt it would be greatly appreciated!

-Ed-

falcon409
November 11th, 2008, 15:15
Yep, gonna do what I can to upgrade the interior. Some of the gauges need to be repositioned, but because of the way the VC gauges are done, it may be impossible to do anything about that. I'll keep updating as I complete an area.

Railrunner130
November 11th, 2008, 16:39
I look forward to your completed project. I am guilty of not flying the Turbo Beaver as much as I'd like and I think an upgraded panel would be good inspiration to fly it more often. I've got a repaint that's been in the works for quite a while too....

expat
November 12th, 2008, 03:06
I look forward to your completed project. I am guilty of not flying the Turbo Beaver as much as I'd like and I think an upgraded panel would be good inspiration to fly it more often.

Ditto. Your panel/interior upgrades would also make me want to fly this plane more and very much appreciated. Have you tried the more recent PAD Turbo Otter? Very nice flying - including very short field performance - this one in Alaska and the interior is a bit more refined. :ernae:

falcon409
November 12th, 2008, 04:47
Here's an updated look at the VC panel from what I posted above. I've been working on the interior, changing the fabric seat covers to leather and the crew seats to alpaca. What I found is that details are lost because of the way the interior is constructed. Anything I do to add details around the interior windows and door frames doesn't even show because of the way those textures wrap. I'm experimenting with it, but aside from changing the fabrics and colors, not much else can be done to any great length beyond that.

expat
November 12th, 2008, 06:11
No worries, your panel bitmap looks 100% an improvement.:ernae:

HatulBitzot
November 12th, 2008, 06:40
Thank you very much for the initiative. Chaim and me (HB) fly with Valmee at the "Bushpounders ALASKA" and an improved panel will be a great help. Hope to see more pilot there. HB

expat
November 18th, 2008, 02:43
Falcon,

Was flying the FSX Turbo Beaver around Victoria BC last night and got to wondering how things were coming on your panel/interior upgrade. I also want to experiment with the FDE - the pitch trim seems way too sensitive, such that it kicks out of the AP. Also am having some issues with starting/stalling of the engine, but I am finding this on quite a few other aircraft in my very recently installed FSX/Accel. Also, the default FSX radial Beaver floatplane is growing on me fast . .

Funny, after waiting 2 years to move to the "dark side" :d of FSX, I have had no problem really with quickly getting great graphics and FPS performance sorted. What is giving me a host of headaches are the "basics", camera views, eyepoint/zoom settings not working, engine(s) won't start/engine fails/loses torque in flight, float planes "stick" to the water and need to be nudged in slew mode, sticky pan rates etc etc. Some of these - setting all the camera veiws (I early on disabled a number of them - drove me crazy) can take hours to understand and mess around with, time I don't have. Also miss terribly being able to simply cycle the AI by using Ctrl + W - I can't find any key setting that does this now.

Anyway, I digress. FSX Alaska/Canada Bush flying notwithstanding these nits is brilliant. Holger's Victoria BC and Bella Coola valley sceneries - like Glacier Bay, Swiss Alps - are absolute must haves and gems.

:ernae:

Lionheart
November 18th, 2008, 08:32
Sounds like the textures might be 512 square instead of 1024 square in size. Increasing to 1024 will make their resolution far better. Also, buring a set of textures at 32bit (if you improve them and redo them) will allow for fine detail (like leather texturing on panels) to be better seen and look crisper in the sim.

Nice looking panel work!

Bill
LHC