PDA

View Full Version : New Weather..For Stock CFS3

O-1Driver
May 2nd, 2010, 11:42
Gentlemen,

I am in the process of building some new weather that is based on the stock CFS3 textures but used to make new clouds. This means the weather can be flown in any of the CFS3 based sims including ETO, MAW and Korea without worrying about loading additional textures etc.

The first of the files has been sent out for testing and is very different than anything you have currently. The first in the series is ETO Thin Wispy Clouds and are the clouds you see forming early in the morning before they reach maturity. They also represent clouds that are trying to form on days of relative low humidity and vanish before they fully develop.

You may also see these clouds at higher altitudes above inversions and larger lower clouds.

Maybe one of the guys can post some screen shots or video if they work out OK.

More to come based on the stock textures which are pretty good.

Regards
O-1

lewis11777
May 2nd, 2010, 12:43
Steve can you please include the Aurora Borealis, it looks very cool!

Nonato
May 2nd, 2010, 16:11
Steve

It seems pretty cool!!! Can't wait to see the pics.
Do you think one day it would be possible to see some like this also?
Thanks for the great job with the weather files.

O-1Driver
May 2nd, 2010, 16:43
Here are a couple of screen shots. I was making new weather for the PTO update and this weather looks very nice out over the ocean but should also work well anywhere. The clouds have a very realistic look to them.

Nonato, the files are up on the ETO internal FTP for the testers you can get them there.

Steve

O-1Driver
May 2nd, 2010, 16:46
Steve can you please include the Aurora Borealis, it looks very cool!

Are you planning a trip to Alaska?:)

Steve

lewis11777
May 2nd, 2010, 18:05
Was actually stationed up there for a couple of years. I was joking however, I doubt that CFS3 has the capacity to reproduce the northern lights.

hairyspin
May 3rd, 2010, 01:48
Like the real thing, it'll probably only be seen by people who don't know what they're looking at, well away from street and house lights. Never by those who really want to!!

alain95
May 3rd, 2010, 03:01
Nice work 01-Driver, as usual.

But to be honest with you, I feel some repetitiveness in these screenshots, It could be better when mixed with other ones, they look a little bit like FSX weahter textures.
I wonder if it's Hi res could they hurt the framerate ?

Alain95

O-1Driver
May 5th, 2010, 08:19
But to be honest with you, I feel some repetitiveness in these screenshots, It could be better when mixed with other ones, they look a little bit like FSX weahter textures.
I wonder if it's Hi res could they hurt the framerate ?

Alain95[/QUOTE]

Alain,

Sorry you were disappointed with the cloud. What you are looking at is a single test cloud reproduced multiple times in a weather file. This cloud has been tested and improved based on feedback received from the test team.

There will be a series of eight new eto clouds that will be the basis for the new weather formations we will be adding to the PTO update to be released this Fall. Each of these eight test clouds will be run by the test team as individual cloud formations so they can examine the merits of each cloud independently.

All of the clouds will be based on stock textures and all have excellent frame rates.

We will hold off posting any more shots from the testing as it can be confusing and you will be able to get the new weather when the PTO update is released. The weather can then be moved to the other CFS 3 sims.

Best Regards,

O-1