PDA

View Full Version : Radar Contact

dcampbe
April 29th, 2010, 09:52
I really dislike the way FSX handles ATC especially on arrival at the destination airport. Does anyone have and use Radar Contact 4.3? If you were to recommend it, should I wait for version 5 to come out? Being a new version and not an upgrade I expect it would cost full price. It would be nice if they gave an estimate.

svogeler
April 29th, 2010, 11:04
I have made very good experiences with radar contact. In fact, I do not want to use the FSX ATC anymore because radar contact is such a huge improvement. The only disadvantages are the missing ground control and the focus on IFR flights. But that seems to be changed with the upgrade to version 5. Regarding the price, last year John Decker wrote "the upgrade cost is usually 10-15% of full price." in the AVSIM forum, thus, it's not worth to wait. :)

If you buy radar contact, I strongly recommend to also download the modified sound files by Meatwater. They sound great and really improve the atmosphere.

Best Regards,
Sven

Paul_Yorks
April 29th, 2010, 11:09
What Svogler said.

The ability to specify your runway (i.e. to insist, whatever ATC is saying) is a godsend, especially when you're running out of time and gotta go collect the kids!

Also, no more 30 mile detours (through 8 different controllers) to line up for finals - RC4 is clean and simple. You can even ask for a shortcut onto finals if you're low and slow and don't want to do the full downwind leg.

The new (free) soundfiles are a big download, but worth it.

Great addon.