PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 and CFS2 Airfield Scenery Fail To Appear In The Game...Please Help

casey jones
April 28th, 2010, 09:17
I just got Windows 7, I installed CFS2 which installed find, it runs very very smooth, but when I attemp to install air field scenery like BOBscenery or any scenery it does not show up in the scenery boxes like the button FS95 and before even though I went through the settings clicked add and it show on the ticked boxes as active it does not appear. My planes and missions show up though, one thing about this windows 7 there is two boxes one for standard and one for Administrator this is someting new for me, the one box for standard is always asking me for a password to allow the scnery to be installed, I just click on it and it appears to install but it dose not, I have no trouble with FS9 at all. Should I change the standard box to Adminstrator box, I am begining to think this might be the problem..but I am not sure.

Thank You For Any Help

Casey

nomad13
April 28th, 2010, 14:42
When you install new software with Windows 7, right click on it and select "Run as Administrator" from the menu.

Jagdflieger
April 28th, 2010, 14:52
Casey,

I'm running Windows 7 on this lap top that I'm currently using. I ended up cutting CFS 2 from the default location that Windows 7 stuck it...

From here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\CFS 2

To here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFS 2

I'm not sure why there is a "Program Files (x86)" in there, but taking it out and puting it in the new location gives me better contol over what I want to do with it. I then made the appopriate short cut and Mission Builder short cuts for the new location.

Windows 7 is a whole lot better than Vista, but I really liked XP as an OS the best.

By the way, did you notice that Windows 7 can't read the CFS 2 help menu?

Maxstuka
April 29th, 2010, 18:14
I have problems with win 7 32bits, I can not add scenaries. The game hangs loading and I need reset.

Any can add scenaries in win 7?

Devildog73
April 30th, 2010, 13:39
Max, I have WIN7X64 and have no problems running CFS2 under it with all the add-on scenery running.