PDA

View Full Version : Where do I find...

Rami
April 27th, 2010, 20:06
Hey guys,

With help from KDriver, I'm making a go at the night raid on Poltava aerodrome by Fliegerkorps IV. I have the base layout all set, but I need searchlights and burning barrels for the final touches.

The burning barrels I have, but where do I find the searchlights that Jean Bomber used to light up Gibraltar by night?

Here's the premise of the mission...21/06/44 - 22:30 hours.

"title_string"=Operation Frantic - Nachtmusik over Poltava
"summary_string"=Achtung! A Heinkel He-177 reconnaissance plane is reporting that USAAF bombers have just landed at a newly established airbase near Poltava after attacking the Ruhland oil refinery. We must strike them hard and teach these indianer a lesson!
"objective_string"=Just before "Operation Bagration" accelerated the collapse of Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe forces along the OstFront, Fliegerkorps IV achieved one final significant victory. This powerful blow was struck against US bombers of the 8th Air Force that were participating in "Operation Frantic," a coordinated series of very long-range bombing strikes against targets in Eastern Europe. During this night raid, Luftwaffe bombers operated with near-impunity, remaining over the aerodrome for nearly two hours, destroying forty-four B-17s and damaging another twenty-six.
"intelligence_string"=The Heinkel pilot that stumbled across the USAAF formation departing Germany was able to trail the bombers all the way back to their base at Poltava. The pilot was able to take pictures over the field and captured images of bombers parked in rows, making them perfect targets to strike. The Soviets don't fire their anti-aircraft guns accurately, and attacking at night makes odds of interception low. Viel glueck, kameraden!

Devildog73
April 28th, 2010, 02:51
Rami,

Try here: http://www.simnetwork.com/SIMNETWORK/downloads.php?cat_id=10

and here: http://www.alliedsupplydepot.com/page5.html

Rami
April 28th, 2010, 08:05
Devildog and Jean Bomber,

Thanks, Poltava is now a "target-rich" environment ripe for the picking! The mission is now a heck of a lot of fun! :salute: