PDA

View Full Version : Halfpenny is Next!

falcon409
April 27th, 2010, 20:02
Getting some stalled airfields out of the way now and with Goodwood posted for download, that leaves Halfpenny. Should only take a few days to finish that one. Back to work!!

peter12213
April 28th, 2010, 04:35
Getting some stalled airfields out of the way now and with Goodwood posted for download, that leaves Halfpenny. Should only take a few days to finish that one. Back to work!!

Looks good I really like your sceneries mate!

Helldiver
April 28th, 2010, 05:14
That field looks a lot like Foulsham in Norfolk.

falcon409
April 28th, 2010, 06:53
I just have to do a night texture and edit out the aircraft in the image and it's done. Although it isn't made for this, Halfpenny also has a pretty decent track around the airport (hint, hint, lol). Something I did with Goodwood that I continued with Halfpenny is that rather than place an AFCAD with the generated rwy's and taxiways, I went with the photoimage itself. Both airports have pretty unique rwy markings and I didn't want to paste over that, so I simply hardened the surfaces and left them as is. Consequently, when you look at the airport on a map view it will show the airport designation but no rwy layout. So you can still load the airport into your GPS, but you won't see any rwys if you zoom in.

This should be uploaded by this afternoon.:salute:

peter12213
April 28th, 2010, 07:10
Has Goodwood been uploaded mate, I'm looking forward to that one as well as this I love the photoreal runways and taxiways! :salute:

lifejogger
April 28th, 2010, 07:11
It is going to look real good. Thanks, I like all your airfields.

falcon409
April 28th, 2010, 07:18
Has Goodwood been uploaded mate, I'm looking forward to that one as well as this I love the photoreal runways and taxiways! :salute:
Yep, it was up late yesterday afternoon!!:salute:

IanP
April 28th, 2010, 07:48
It's Halfpenny Green, not just Halfpenny, Falcon (although technically it should be Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport, but heck, they'll never make up their minds on that one... It keeps changing.) The Callsign is Halfpenny Green Information and it doesn't have either a Tower or Approach on 123.00, just a Flight Information Service, in case you feel like fiddling with that? ;)

I was 2/3 of the way through doing it, but it looks like you'll get there first so I'll go off and do the other place I was thinking of. One reason I stopped is that I found out how much aerial photos of the UK cost to use legally and the answer is more than enough to stop freeware developers unless they're very rich!!!

If you want any information or building photos, let me know - it's only about twenty minutes from here and I need to go over to book a flight in the imminent future anyway.

Most of that peri track is actually closed - more than usual at the moment because of some surface breakup problems. You can go around past 34 to 28 anticlockwise from the tower, but clockwise, you can only get as far as 04, then you have to use the 04 parallel taxiway to go anywhere else. That's a right pain when they're using 22 for flight operations.

HD: Most expansion and wartime RAF fields look next to identical, because they're built to a common pattern and layout, only varying because of the local topography and most common direction of the wind (longest runway). HG was slightly odd in that it had vastly more hangars than it should - I don't know why right now. Only three of them are left standing now, but originally there were seven Bellman hangars when the "norm" was two temporary hangars (B1s, T2s, Bellmans, Callendar-Hamiltons, etc) for anything but maintenance and storage depots.

peter12213
April 28th, 2010, 07:49
Yep, it was up late yesterday afternoon!!:salute:

My fault for not checking many thanks mate! :salute:

falcon409
April 28th, 2010, 08:34
Here's a quick look. The edits are complete and I'm getting everything zipped up for upload. Shouldn't be much longer now.

falcon409
April 28th, 2010, 09:08
Halfpenny is uploaded!! Next on the list is to finish Glendale Airport.:salute: