PDA

View Full Version : Pilot goes blind, lands aircraft.

tigisfat
April 26th, 2010, 22:48
The poor guy....

qkCEdxZxvwM

OBIO
April 26th, 2010, 22:59
I had a very similar experience. Well, not really all that similar. There was no plane, no RAF, no airports. Just me, an exercise bike and a gal in some really short red satin shorts that I was trying to impress. Freshman year of college, afternoon weight training class (yeah, it was a real class....Pumping Iron 101). I was on the exercise bike and this gal asked how much resistance I had dialed in....we checked and it was at 75% and not giving me any real workout...have always had super strong legs. She dials it up to 80, then 85, 90, then 95% resistance...and I'm still pedaling away like it's nothing. Then she maxes out the resistance and I pedal as hard as I could and pegged the speedo...with full resistance on the fly wheel thingie. No problem...until my leg muscles suck up nearly every bit of oxygen in my blood stream and the vision center in my brain shuts down due to lack of oxygen reaching my noggin.

Somehow, screaming "I'm blind, I'm blind" like a 5-year old girl who just had a very large wet worm dropped into her lap is not the way to get a date with a hot chick in really short red satin shorts. I have avoided exercise bikes, and pretty much all other pieces of exercise equipment, since that dreadful day.

OBIO

Chacha
April 26th, 2010, 23:20
...red Satin sheets... is what I am thinking....

OK back to topic...

Good news, he landed with no scratch....

:salute:

It happened to me the other day,
I was doing the Vertical Knee Raise (VKR)
I do 8 reps on 3 sets,
I want to do 12 reps and 4 sets.
Whoa, On my second set, I felt I was going blind,
the gym blacked out on me, (that's what I thought)
I have to rest for a few minutes and went home, and rest...

I did not see a person with Red Satin Shorts,
But a couple of dudes with 6 pack abs...
It was a pretty sight. :)

cheezyflier
April 27th, 2010, 06:28
i have better than 6 pack abs. i have a party ball :icon_lol:

OBIO
April 27th, 2010, 07:20
I got ya beat Cheezy! I have a pony keg!

OBIO

Bjoern
April 27th, 2010, 20:15
Great, now I'm thinking about hot girls in satin shorts...:kilroy::icon_lol: