PDA

View Full Version : Looking for what is probably a simple question

PJMack
April 26th, 2010, 19:34
There are two parts to this question. First, I have made an ETO set up and would like to have Britain as the first choice in the mission section. Secondly, I would like to have a specific southern England be the opening screen in mission builder. As always, any help is appreciated.:jump:

kdriver
April 27th, 2010, 01:21
1. Open the country.cfg file with Notepad and make the first two lines look like this:

[defaults]
country=1

This is assuming you have this entry further down the page:

[country.1]
name=Britain

2. Do you mean the map of the Solomon Islands which appears when you open MB?
If so, I don't know how to change that.
If you are looking for some British splash screens then there are some by Daniel Leahy,
Richmond and Take53084 on this and other CFS websites.

Good luck

Kevin

Dirtman
April 27th, 2010, 03:47
Yo PJ;

The mission builder splashscreen is located in the Uires folder, inside the MB subfolder.

It is simply a 1024x768 .jpg that can be easily replaced. The file name is: mb_splashscreen.jpg

I believe there are some in the CFS2 download archive.

Here are couple of mine. Made them with MS Paint. You could also use any .jpg picture & overlay text .. I prefer to keep them simple as I have 9 CFS2 installs ... sometimes I've opened the wrong MB by accident :redface:

I hope this helps you out.

... 5908

Jagdflieger
April 27th, 2010, 14:19
I think that the Solomon Islands are set by default as the MB opening area. No one that I know of has yet to change it. The simplest way of getting to southern England is to copy and paste the following line of data into your opareas.dat file in your Info folder.

ETO-Britain-South, N50 30, W02 30, N53 30, E01 30

Download my MB Mega Pack and it will include an updated oparea.dat file to cover most of the world organized by theater. That way you can open a new mission and then click on "Opareas" and then select ETO-Britain-South from the drop down menu.

Click on the link below my signature to get to my uploads page.

PJMack
April 27th, 2010, 14:33
I think that the Solomon Islands are set by default as the MB opening area. No one that I know of has yet to change it. The simplest way of getting to southern England is to copy and paste the following line of date into your opareas.dat file in your Info folder.

ETO-Britain-South, N50 30, W02 30, N53 30, E01 30

Download my MB Mega Pack and it will include an updated oparea.dat file to cover most of the world organized by theater. That way you can open a new mission and then click on "Opareas" and then select ETO-Britain-South from the drop down menu.

Click on the link below my signature to get to my uploads page.

Thank you Jag...I always knew you were more than just a pretty avitar.:salute: