PDA

View Full Version : Release of Ahmed Al Jaber AB

falcon409
April 26th, 2010, 17:37
I will be posting the scenery package this evening. In the past, I've included all the object libraries necessary to show the airports the way I designed them. From now on, that won't be the case. I'll include a list of object libraries and where they can be downloaded. The only files in the download will be the bgls that affect the AFCAD, excludes and Instant Scenery file. If you really are interested in the scenery, then a bit of downloading shouldn't bother you, if you don't want to be bothered, then you probably weren't that interested to begin with.
This scenery requires:
Luke AFB from MAIW (with permission from MAIW)
Guy Diotte's F-16, F-15, A-10, C-17
MCDesign's Military Library
EZ_ac_shelters
EZ_C-130
GGSE (ground equipment and vehicles Object Library)

You may already have all of these and thus won't need to download anything, otherwise, I'll include the zipfile name and location for downloading.

It should be uploaded by the end of the evening.

falcon409
April 27th, 2010, 04:22
The upload is now in the SOH Addons section. I also just uploaded to flightsim.com to see if any interest is generated there as well.:salute:

Daube
April 27th, 2010, 05:40
I'm getting interested by those mid-oriental military airbases.
MAIW has already released a base like this, within their "French Mirage" packages.
There were also some bases in Irak, made by someone here.

Thanks for your work, Falcon :) :ernae:

falcon409
April 27th, 2010, 06:08
Thanks Daube,
MAIW gave me permission to use the Luke AFB objects as long as they weren't physically included in the package, an obvious no-no. An interested party at MAIW is already working on a traffic file for Al Jaber as well, so maybe this will eventually be posted over there also.

I had a definite connection to Al Jaber so that made it fun to do. I even left part of me behind and was always hoping that before I retired I could make one more trip there to check it out. The concrete dividers that I used near the flightline and around the tent city area were not only for some protection, but also became a palette for all the artists who passed through Al Jaber and other bases in that region. I would have to say that there were very few that didn't have some sort of Squadron Art painted on them to show that they had been there. You could spend several days just walking around the base admiring the handywork. I wish now I had had a camera to record mine for posterity.