PDA

View Full Version : For all you folks with a Wii ...

Snuffy
April 26th, 2010, 03:46
This will probably have to be your next add-on piece of equipment.

(wait for the commercial and loading time ... )

http://technology.canoe.ca/Video/?bcpid=44929904001&bclid=1896810011&bctid=70967546001

Dain Arns
April 26th, 2010, 04:44
Wonder if it'll come with a really large hamster water bottle you can hang on the wall in the corner...

Besides, they already had the technology in the late 1800's... :icon_lol:

cheezyflier
April 26th, 2010, 07:07
i wonder how inertia of the ball might effect someone who's running, and tries to suddenly stop or change direction?

Snuffy
April 26th, 2010, 07:36
i wonder how inertia of the ball might effect someone who's running, and tries to suddenly stop or change direction?

mfitch
April 26th, 2010, 13:43
Don't they roll these things down hills in New Zealand?

Allen
April 26th, 2010, 17:23
One game of HALO and they woulkd find my fat @$$ dead in that thing!

I can see it.

Me:running: in side than :isadizzy: and finally :engel016:!

Dain Arns
April 27th, 2010, 02:51
Now, if you made it much smaller, put motors on the rollers to move it, had a way to stabilize the ball quickly to return it to a neutral position, and had a sim cockpit on the inside...

Might be kinda fun during a 'snap roll'. :icon_lol:

cheezyflier
April 27th, 2010, 06:25
Now, if you made it much smaller, put motors on the rollers to move it, had a way to stabilize the ball quickly to return it to a neutral position, and had a sim cockpit on the inside...

Might be kinda fun during a 'snap roll'. :icon_lol:

that's completely do able, and probably a better use of that technology than a 1st person shooter.

Snuffy
April 27th, 2010, 06:39
Note:

The images seen by the player are via a worn device over the eyes, they are not projected onto the insides of the sphere, therefore, I believe the 6 axis rotation with motorized drive rollers and a blue tooth connection to the computer outside of the sphere completely doable.

You will just need to rigidly affix your cockpit framing to the interior walls of the sphere in order to get the desired reactionay axis of rotations.

dharris
April 27th, 2010, 08:30
First things first, got to build a bigger house and try to explain to wife why I NEED it!

Dain Arns
April 27th, 2010, 13:28
Note:

The images seen by the player are via a worn device over the eyes, they are not projected onto the insides of the sphere, therefore, I believe the 6 axis rotation with motorized drive rollers and a blue tooth connection to the computer outside of the sphere completely doable.

You will just need to rigidly affix your cockpit framing to the interior walls of the sphere in order to get the desired reactionay axis of rotations.

I never assumed the images were projected on the inside of the sphere in the first place, as the marketing guy was clearly wearing a VR device on his head.
I was thinking Matrox Triplehead2GO with 3 monitors and TrackIR on a fixed frame inside the sphere. Free floating would be pointless.