PDA

View Full Version : Iris F-15, MiG-29 now freeware?

RL_201
April 25th, 2010, 17:09
I was just over at Ukmil when I noticed a new post about Iris Simulations. It seems quite a few of their payware products will now be freeware, including the P-40, both the F-15 and F-15E Strike Eagle, and both the Mig-29 & Mig-29K. The list is here: http://www.irissimulations.com/the-hangar.php

ZsoltB
April 25th, 2010, 21:14
I was just over at Ukmil when I noticed a new post about Iris Simulations. It seems quite a few of their payware products will now be freeware, including the P-40, both the F-15 and F-15E Strike Eagle, and both the Mig-29 & Mig-29K. The list is here: http://www.irissimulations.com/the-hangar.php

Those who bought the models will not be happy

:wavey:

SOLOBO
April 25th, 2010, 21:31

... and they are excellent ... :wavey:

TARPSBird
April 25th, 2010, 22:22
Not that it's on the freeware list, but didn't Iris initially put out a F-14 package for FS2004??? :confused:

Naismith
April 25th, 2010, 22:26

I don't see an issue here, it has happened to me several tiimes. I may be a bit peeved had I bought one of these recently but in actuality they are all quite old models now and I daresay that IRIS sales figures of them justifies their decision. I for one think it is a very generous gesture, some commercial companies out there could do well to follow the example. Alphasim is just about the only other company which I can think of which acts in a similar fashion.

falcon409
April 25th, 2010, 22:56
I don't see an issue here, it has happened to me several tiimes. I may be a bit peeved had I bought one of these recently but in actuality they are all quite old models now and I daresay that IRIS sales figures of them justifies their decision. I for one think it is a very generous gesture, some commercial companies out there could do well to follow the example. Alphasim is just about the only other company which I can think of which acts in a similar fashion.
Correct Naismith, I don't see any of those being a "Hey I just bought that and now it's freeware" concern. As you mentioned, they're all relatively old models by IRIS's current standards and I look forward to picking up a few of them to port over to FSX. Thanks to David and Karen for the gesture!!:salute:

arrowmaker
April 25th, 2010, 23:46
Alphasim is just about the only other company which I can think of which acts in a similar fashion.

Aeroplane Heaven are another developer who also release a lot of their older stuff as freeware.

This is extremely generous of David and co. A lot of nice models in the list. Hopefully they will be downloadable quite soon.

Ferry_vO
April 26th, 2010, 01:59

Which is why they haven't been 'in stock' at Simmarket for quite some time now.

From http://www.irissimulations.com/the-hangar.php

Freeware Aircraft

A-7E Corsair II
BAE Hawk Superpack
E.A.P.
Eurofighter Typhoon
F-5 Freedom Fighter Superpack
F-15 Eagle
F-15 Eagle Strike Eagle
F-22 Lightning II
Harrier
Mig-27 Flogger
Mig-29 Fulcrum
Mig-29K Naval Fulcrum
P-40 Warhawk
S-3 Viking
Tornado Superpack
Not available yet though, but will be soon!

ZsoltB
April 26th, 2010, 02:23

Yeah!

That's true!

modelr
April 26th, 2010, 03:35
Bill and Lynn Lyons also put their stuff out as freeware. There are quite a few who just abandoned their works without releasing an unlock code, making their software useless to those of us who paid for them. Case in point, Flight-Factory Simulations RV-7. Most of the gauges are useless/missing, because they had to be activated through the FFS website.

I for one thank all the companies that release their work as freeware, once they have paid their way. I do have a lot of payware items that have gone freeware, and have no complaints.

nigel allen
April 26th, 2010, 04:02
True
I did last month buy the p40 so! some of the companys do that it very nice of them let older model's go free even if you paid before its nice to know that they paid for them selves so the company can invest in making even better planes

so i for one do not grump about they let them free its means they let others out and help people who would like them but with this money short problem helps them enjoy which they could not get and another thing is some times your get surprizes

nigel

PilatusTurbo
April 26th, 2010, 06:50
Well, this is quite a deal! My Military Hangar is going to literally double in size! I always wanted a few of these ships, but never really could justify trying to afford them. They'll be great additions!

I've had a few of my payware go free, and it really didn't bug me. It's nice that they do at least do this after some time, so everyone can enjoy them. Too bad all companies don't do something along these lines. :d

Clarke123
April 26th, 2010, 08:23
Good things come to cheapskates (like me) that wait :jump:

MaddogK
April 26th, 2010, 08:37
... and they are excellent ... :wavey:

I disagree, planes without cockpits shouldn't be charged for. I paid, flew once, then erased the p-40 pack, I won't buy an Iris product again.

awj112
April 26th, 2010, 08:37
Not that it's on the freeware list, but didn't Iris initially put out a F-14 package for FS2004??? :confused:

They did. Along with 2 F-4s, the T-6, and the PC-9. I speculate the reason the F-14, PC-9, and T-6 aren't there are to avoid confusion with the FSX models. Kind of a shame though. I am puzzled about the absence of the F-4s though.

I purchased several of these and I can't say I am "bothered" about it. Now if I had just purchased one the day before they actually show up, I would be upset.

The downside is that it looks like this is the final goodbye to FS2004 from Iris. Only RazBam and Iris appear to have completely abandoned FS2004.

Noted on Facebook that David Brice had made comments about the state some of the aircraft were in when released so there can be an upside to the releases as well.

awj112
April 26th, 2010, 08:39
I disagree, planes without cockpits shouldn't be charged for. I paid, flew once, then erased the p-40 pack, I won't buy an Iris product again.

Well, if you stick with FS2004 it does not look like this will be an issue any more. :D

foo_fighter
April 26th, 2010, 08:49
Now I can play more "what if" textures with some of `em yuuupiiiiie!:wiggle::jump:

MaddogK
April 26th, 2010, 09:24
Well, if you stick with FS2004 it does not look like this will be an issue any more. :D

Ahh the old 'it's newer, so it's better' argument.

Sundog
April 26th, 2010, 09:53
I have most of those already. My favorite of them all has to be the MiG-27 with the photo real textures. I forgot the name of the guy who made those great textures, but he also made some for the MiG-29 and probably the rest of those planes as well. But the Iris planes I have flown the most are their T-6/PC-7, F-14, and MiG-27.

I think it's great that they release this stuff as freeware. Hell, that's how DSB started. I keep meaning to make some freeware planes for the community, but RL keeps getting in the way.

awj112
April 26th, 2010, 10:31
Yago 9. I think he got blacklisted here (and from what I gather, just about everywhere else from what I hear). Kind of sad, love his work.

awj112
April 26th, 2010, 10:36
Ahh the old 'it's newer, so it's better' argument.

Yep, David drank the kool-aid and asked for seconds.

OBIO
April 26th, 2010, 10:53
I have a few of the IRIS/former DSB freeware planes..the A-7E, S-3, Tornado. I enjoy flying them a lot. There are a few things here and there that bugged me about the packages, but nothing that I could not fix on my own....but that is part of the fun of flight simming....tweaking planes to your personal taste. I look forward to adding a few more IRIS freeware goodies to my collection.

OBIO

Naismith
April 26th, 2010, 11:00
If my memory serves me well, did IRIS not release 2 or 3 free a/c some time back in a limited way i.e. only only a few people got them but were free to pass them on to friends but not allowed to upload to sites such as here, Avsim etc...
I wonder if any of these releases include those?

Ferry_vO
April 26th, 2010, 12:08
That was the vRAF Buccaneer/Phantom pack, Naismith. Decent models at the time, but I wouldn't bother with those anymore these days especially since they both lack a VC.

Ferry_vO
April 26th, 2010, 12:09

:confused:

AFAIK their P-40's did have a VC?

awj112
April 26th, 2010, 13:58

I thought so. Didn't come with a 2D panel. Mig-29s are like that too.

Dangerousdave26
April 26th, 2010, 14:44
I just purchased the P-40 from the FSPilot shop two weeks ago. I was wondering why everything was half price. Maybe they knew....

Ah well it does not matter it is a fine product.

Naismith
April 26th, 2010, 15:20
That was the vRAF Buccaneer/Phantom pack, Naismith. Decent models at the time, but I wouldn't bother with those anymore these days especially since they both lack a VC.

Thanks, did not realise the lack of VC in those, still - a good Bucc would be a welcome addition.

MaddogK
April 26th, 2010, 15:46

Ya, the VC was nice but had no click spots, and was so small you couldn't read the gauges. Waste of 20 bucks when some freeware P-40's were just as good, but had working pits, and 2d panels.

Blackbird686
April 26th, 2010, 16:09
Nice of Dave and his lot to be releasing the F-15 and the F-15E, I have the original DSB Essential F-15. When I got it, I loved it and still do, albeit a bit dated as far as FS9 models are today. In its day tho... it was one of the best.

BB686:USA-flag:

Flyboy208
April 26th, 2010, 19:44
Personally, I am happy with this news. I purchased the F-14 and MiG-29 a while back, but lost them in a former PC crash. Always wanted to purchase the Harrier, but it was not available for whatever reason. Liking the idea of having a proper Strike Eagle in my FS arsenal. So I will be able to recover some former purchases and then more ...

I think it's good when FS aircraft payware developers give us a nice freebie now and then once their products become a bit dated. Quite a nice gesture I think ...

I wish IRIS all the best, great company with a positive customer service experience on my end, and of course the privilege I had BETA testing the T-6A Texan II.

Mike :salute:

Motormouse
April 27th, 2010, 01:19
Thanks, did not realise the lack of VC in those, still - a good Bucc would be a welcome addition.

Speaking as someone who had a bit of experience with the real one, the DSB Bucc (VC or no)
is still the best model around; (although UK_mil may disagree)
of an S.2A version.

ttfn

Pete

paul day
April 27th, 2010, 06:59
Hi Pete
I notice your address is Rhoose and you have a liking for Buccaneers. I can only presume you worked on them at St. Athan, in 75 hanger i presume? I did a stint on 208Sqn at Honnington but i still work at St. Athan on the VC 10's.

Regards Paul Day.

Motormouse
April 27th, 2010, 08:28
Hi Pete
I notice your address is Rhoose and you have a liking for Buccaneers. I can only presume you worked on them at St. Athan, in 75 hanger i presume? I did a stint on 208Sqn at Honnington but i still work at St. Athan on the VC 10's.

Regards Paul Day.

Yes, I have the Q-ABC-A certificate at home....
I was unlucky enough to be posted to 208 while the Buccs were grounded; so,initially 'held' on Canberra majors at St Athan then ended up as part of the travelling reclaimation team, making one 'good' Bucc out of two....before finally getting to Honington late 1982,...(via a spell putting Harriers to rights for a certain little war)
I'd tell you a little more via pm but yours is switched off....

back to topic now....

ttfn

Pete

Sundog
April 27th, 2010, 09:40
Oh yeah, I forgot about their Harrier. I have that installed, along with Yago9's textures. But I haven't flown it much, because I haven't been able to get Rob Baregndts(sp?) hover gauges to work since I've had windows 7.

paul day
April 27th, 2010, 21:55
Hj Sundog

I have been searching everywhere for Yago9's Harrier repaints without success. Would it be possible to send me a copy of them please?

Regards Paul Day.

awj112
April 28th, 2010, 14:06
"Look out for a big update on May 1st!! ;) new freeware aircraft coming your way and an update to the IRIS site. :-)"

@paul day: I have a lot of Yago 9's work. If Sim-outhouse does not have rules against, I can provide to them to reupload. Mods? Any objections?

Tom Clayton
April 28th, 2010, 14:18
If you check the upload terms, you need permission from the original author. Meanwhile, there's nothing to stop passing the files via email, which is best discussed via PM to keep the harvesters from spamming your inbox.

rcbarend
April 28th, 2010, 15:39
Oh yeah, I forgot about their Harrier. I have that installed, along with Yago9's textures. But I haven't flown it much, because I haven't been able to get Rob Baregndts(sp?) hover gauges to work since I've had windows 7.
I can understand why you haven't flown it much if you weren't able to get my VTOL package working :jump:, but I would be very curious to find out why it wouldn't work on your system.
As far as I know (can someone confirm please ??) my VTOL addons for Harriers, V22's, and alike, works just fine on Windows7 systems.

Regards,

Rob Barendregt (sp!)

awj112
April 28th, 2010, 15:42
If you check the upload terms, you need permission from the original author. Meanwhile, there's nothing to stop passing the files via email, which is best discussed via PM to keep the harvesters from spamming your inbox.

Only reason I ask is because the file references are in the archive but spot checks of the downloads all failed.

Y'all heard the man. If you want anything, PM me an email address and I will see if I have it.

paul day
April 28th, 2010, 21:55
Hi Rob

I can confirm the VTOL gauges worked fine on the UKMIL Harriers.

Paul Day.

awj112
April 29th, 2010, 12:51
If my memory serves me well, did IRIS not release 2 or 3 free a/c some time back in a limited way i.e. only only a few people got them but were free to pass them on to friends but not allowed to upload to sites such as here, Avsim etc...
I wonder if any of these releases include those?

No, I have that package you are talking about. They were old F-4 and Buccaneer models. RAF collection.

Motormouse
April 30th, 2010, 05:17
No, I have that package you are talking about. They were old F-4 and Buccaneer models. RAF collection.

The Bucc ain't bad.....considering it were made for on-line multi-player environment.

ttfn

Pete

Sascha66
April 30th, 2010, 08:19
Yago 9. I think he got blacklisted here (and from what I gather, just about everywhere else from what I hear). Kind of sad, love his work.

I didn't know that - his paintjobs are still available here.

awj112
April 30th, 2010, 09:15
I don't think the links were taken down although most if not all are dead. He just either cannot or will not post new paints here. Some kind of falling out.

Dead links are probably library change related.

Astoroth
April 30th, 2010, 09:21
Yago9 is no longer a member here, and at his request all his files were removed from the server.

Sundog
April 30th, 2010, 13:41
I can understand why you haven't flown it much if you weren't able to get my VTOL package working :jump:, but I would be very curious to find out why it wouldn't work on your system.
As far as I know (can someone confirm please ??) my VTOL addons for Harriers, V22's, and alike, works just fine on Windows7 systems.

Regards,

Rob Barendregt (sp!)

Yeah, I don't know what to say, as they worked fine on my WinXP system, but I haven't been able to make them work on Win7. I'll try re-installing them again this weekend as I know there have been system updates since I first tried.

Also, anyone who wants some Yago9 repaints, just PM me with what you're looking for and your e-mail address and if I have it I'll send it to you.

Wild Bill Kelso
April 30th, 2010, 23:52
The new freeware IRIS aircraft are available now!

Just d/l'ing the Warhawk :jump:
http://www.irissimulations.com/product-classics-p40.php

Thank you, IRIS guys! :applause:

Cheers,
Markus.

VaporZ
May 1st, 2010, 01:27
I just download the F-15 and Tornado packages !

Interesting
:applause:
VaporZ

Txmmy83
May 1st, 2010, 02:52
thanks for the HU:jump:
I have downloaded all of them
especially the harrier has my interest because I was not able to get when it was Payware

more than one thankyou to smudge

BR
Tom

aardvark62
May 1st, 2010, 03:04
WOW! - Not going to see much fresh air this weekend!
Even though I have some, having messed with textures and other stuff over the years, my versions are not quite what they once were...so downloading all. This is one terrific giveaway.
Thank you so much IRIS.

A.

Txmmy83
May 1st, 2010, 03:14
Yago9 is no longer a member here, and at his request all his files were removed from the server.

yep he is no longer member here
but not all files are removed these files as far I can remember are not available since last Big SOH Server crash

BR
Tom

VaporZ
May 1st, 2010, 03:21
I just download the F-15 and Tornado packages !

Interesting
:applause:
VaporZ

Standard FS9 GPS window is missing on the Iris F-15
Programing lines have to be added on the Panel CFG File to enable this option.
:mixedsmi:
VaporZ

PilatusTurbo
May 1st, 2010, 04:19
I've been watching this thread just to see someone else post it, but I found it first;

FREEWARE FILES ARE ONLINE!!! :d Go Get 'em! I just dl'd F-15, F-14, P-40, MiG-29, and will get the Tornado Pack!

This is one of the coolest things I've seen for along time, because every single aircraft I mentioned above I used to have a decent FS2002 version, and haven't had them since. The P-40 and F-15, yes, but the others, no. Great Gesture, David! :ernae:

awj112
May 1st, 2010, 05:43
Looks like the only aircraft missing are the Phantoms.

johnr
May 1st, 2010, 06:58
And therefore the Buccaneers? But that's ok I've got those http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif

A very nice touch from Iris to release them as freeware, even though I bought some as payware, they make good back-ups!

Kind regards

John

Cees Donker
May 1st, 2010, 10:01
Thank you very much David!

:jump:

Cees

Ferry_vO
May 1st, 2010, 12:34
And therefore the Buccaneers? But that's ok I've got those http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif

The Bucc/Toom pack was only distributed through IRIS (DSB at the time) for the vRAF, so IRIS can't release those as freeware since they do not own it.

Just got the last two missing IRIS aircraft, the P-40 and the EAP.

Thanks David & Co!

Jagdflieger
May 1st, 2010, 12:48
Thanks Iris!

aardvark62
May 1st, 2010, 16:05
I've had the P-40 for quite some time, but somehow I had lost the 2-seat trainer model. Great to have her back ...!

One thing: didn't have the EAP - now I do, but I'm getting a terrible frame rate problem with it. Surprising for an older aircraft - anyone else getting this? Any known cure?

A.

Felixthreeone
May 1st, 2010, 16:15
I've had the P-40 for quite some time, but somehow I had lost the 2-seat trainer model. Great to have her back ...!

One thing: didn't have the EAP - now I do, but I'm getting a terrible frame rate problem with it. Surprising for an older aircraft - anyone else getting this? Any known cure?

A.
...The terrible framerate problem with the EAP is just the way it was designed. I bought it when it came out, and have only flown it about an hours worth since the frames were poor. I had the same issue with the F-15C, but not the T-6 or PC-9...go figure

Flyboy208
May 1st, 2010, 17:12
...The terrible framerate problem with the EAP is just the way it was designed. I bought it when it came out, and have only flown it about an hours worth since the frames were poor. I had the same issue with the F-15C, but not the T-6 or PC-9...go figure

Having no issues with the EAP myself, and loving the fictional US Navy variants as well ...

Mike :salute:

CG_1976
May 1st, 2010, 17:36
I havnt had any FPS issues with Freeware Releases. Im just having fun finding the AP Master for the F-15 lol.

OBIO
May 1st, 2010, 17:57
I havnt had any FPS issues with Freeware Releases. Im just having fun finding the AP Master for the F-15 lol.

It's right next to the cigarette lighter.

1970LT1
May 1st, 2010, 18:33
Where can you get the hover gauge for the Harrier for Vista and FS9?

Regards,

LT1

whitehawk_2009
May 1st, 2010, 20:07
Where can you get the hover gauge for the Harrier for Vista and FS9?

Regards,

LT1

FlightSim.com has it, search for IRIS and it'll come up. Sorry I don't have the filename, but I know I saw it when i was looking for F-14 paints.

WH

Spranget
May 1st, 2010, 21:57

It's the hud gauge. It ways heavy on older, mid level pc's. I removed it on the f15c just to give it a try and it did the trick. Just sucks not having a functional hud now.

JETninja
May 1st, 2010, 23:18
Very Cool! Been out of the FS scene last couple years....downloading quite a few of them to try out. Thanks for sharing the info and thanks to IRIS....

aardvark62
May 2nd, 2010, 00:17
It's the hud gauge. It ways heavy on older, mid level pc's. I removed it on the f15c just to give it a try and it did the trick. Just sucks not having a functional hud now.

YES!! Thanks Spranget - that does indeed seem to have cured (most of) my FPS problem. Guess my poor old PC is really beginning to show it's age. (Perhaps best just stick to the biplanes ?!)

Cheers, A.

Txmmy83
May 2nd, 2010, 02:33
is a Paintkit for the Harrier available on the net?
I know there was one long time ago

BR
Tom

Ferry_vO
May 2nd, 2010, 02:40
is a Paintkit for the Harrier available on the net?
I know there was one long time ago

IRIS paintkits are usually included in the installer, and placed in the Fs9\Iris Classics\ folder

Txmmy83
May 2nd, 2010, 03:10
yes I know but the harrier doesnt come with one
but I know that someone made one in its payware days

BR
Tom

Txmmy83
May 2nd, 2010, 03:18
and guys I have forgotten how to deactivate the frame consuming HUD in the EAP

Help Please!

BR
Tom

Jagdflieger
May 2nd, 2010, 04:54
I've had the Iris P-40 for some time now, but as it shakes terribly at any airspeed over 210 knots, I haven't flown it much.

I thought that I'd try this new iteration of it and see if the problem was solved, but I'm still having the same issues. Has anyone else noticed it?

Wild Bill Kelso
May 2nd, 2010, 05:24
Has anyone else noticed it?

Yep - same here!
Haven't tried out higher altitudes yet, maybe she doesn't like thicker air?

OBIO
May 2nd, 2010, 05:36
and guys I have forgotten how to deactivate the frame consuming HUD in the EAP

Help Please!

BR
Tom

Tom

Open the panel config file and scroll down through the list of gauges used. When you find the one for with HUD in the name put a // (double slash key) in front of the line. That will cause the sim not to run that gauge.

OBIO

Txmmy83
May 2nd, 2010, 07:06
roger that:jump:

works like a dream now 80 or more FPS!

BR
Tom

OBIO
May 2nd, 2010, 07:50
Even with the HUD gauges removed, the best my system could manage with the EAP was 12 FPS in Spot and VC views. Such a shame as it is one seriously nice package.

OBIO

CG_1976
May 2nd, 2010, 14:20
Anyone notice on the EAP that its flight dynamics is Squirrelly? I have a serious Taxi issue and a sluggish turn bank rate.

RL_201
May 2nd, 2010, 14:47
CG_1976;
I think the word "squirrelly" is putting it nicely. I know when I bought the EAP, I contacted Iris about the taxi problem. Their answer, slow down while I taxi. I slowed down, same problem. the plane flips, turns, bounces up into the air. I also wish they had installed some sort of reverser (like on the Tornado, Eurofighter) to help you slow down once you have landed.

Txmmy83
May 3rd, 2010, 02:41
taxi with the EAP is bit hard but I see no issue there

BR
Tom

RKinkor
May 3rd, 2010, 04:13
Does anybody know how to fix the throttle on the F-15E being stuck wide open in FSX? The C model throttle is ok. Other than some gauge isues and some black canopies they seem to work quite well in FSX.

Daube
May 3rd, 2010, 04:22
taxi with the EAP is bit hard but I see no issue there

BR
Tom

Same here, I have no issues with the EAP while taxiing.
It actually reminds me of the EF2000 simulator, where you had to be very carefull for turning on the ground: if you were too optimistic with your taxi speed, the plane would flip and crash.

Daube
May 3rd, 2010, 04:23
Does anybody know how to fix the throttle on the F-15E being stuck wide open in FSX? The C model throttle is ok. Other than some gauge isues and some black canopies they seem to work quite well in FSX.
You have to deactivate the afterburner FDC gauge in the panel.cfg.

RKinkor
May 3rd, 2010, 04:51
Thanks Daube,I assume you can just // it to deactivate?

foo_fighter
May 3rd, 2010, 05:03
Hey guys, just a small question, IRIS MIG-29K would be free too??

awj112
May 3rd, 2010, 05:15
Here's the page;

http://www.irissimulations.com/product-classics-mig29.php

check the screen shots. Where twp very similar aircraft were sold seperately, Iris combined them into either "super packs" or simply combined them. So yes, the Mig-29K is free as well. It's part of the Mig-29 package.

Daube
May 3rd, 2010, 06:16
Thanks Daube,I assume you can just // it to deactivate?
Absolutely.
And if you take a look into the panel.cfg of the F-15 (not strike eagle), you'll notice it's already done there.

RKinkor
May 3rd, 2010, 06:45
Absolutely.
And if you take a look into the panel.cfg of the F-15 (not strike eagle), you'll notice it's already done there.
Thank you very much Iwas going to buy them about 2 weeks ago and decided to wait good thing I guess

strega13
May 3rd, 2010, 11:14
i had been looking to purchase their harrier for awhile now but could never find it anywhere for sale anymore . many thanks to IRIS to bring it to freewares along with other planes .:applause::applause::applause:

MaddogK
May 3rd, 2010, 21:08
The F-5 pack is pretty good- still missing click-spots on the 3d panel, but it's got a functional 2d panel (less A/P and most of the usual nav gauges). Will be a nice addition after some tweeking.

Fauville
May 4th, 2010, 00:58
Yep - same here!
Haven't tried out higher altitudes yet, maybe she doesn't like thicker air?
Markus, there was a fix for the flutter posted somewhere (on SOH??)for the aircraft.cfg, not sure if it would have survived the server crashes here

foo_fighter
May 4th, 2010, 03:29
Here's the page;

http://www.irissimulations.com/product-classics-mig29.php

check the screen shots. Where twp very similar aircraft were sold seperately, Iris combined them into either "super packs" or simply combined them. So yes, the Mig-29K is free as well. It's part of the Mig-29 package.

grrrreeeeat! thanks for the answer!:wiggle::jump:

TARPSBird
May 4th, 2010, 04:03
Just FYI... within the last day or two the IRIS FS2004 F-14A/B Tomcat package has been added to their freeware list. :)

Z-claudius24
May 5th, 2010, 04:44
Hi,

About the P40 serie ....
Here no flutter problems but instead big problems on ground .. (braking pratically impossible as plane turned over ..)
So as not happy I made some corrections (fuel quantity also involved) for the main gear position and the toe brake scalar (it's no possible to go over 3 in my setting .. or plane turn over again ..)

Modifications contact points here: (that's for the P40-E but must begood for the other types !)

point.0 = 1, -18.1, 0, -2.6, 3500, 0, 0.52, 60, 0.2, 3.5, 0.59, 3, 3, 0, 0, 180
point.1 = 1, 3, -4, -7.4, 3500, 1, 1.25, 0, 0.5, 1.1, 0.75, 8, 8, 2, 0, 180
point.2 = 1, 3, 4, -7.4, 3500, 2, 1.25, 0, 0.5, 1.1, 0.75, 5, 5, 2, 0, 180

Modification brake scalar:

[brakes]
parking_brake = 1 //Parking brake available
toe_brakes_scale = 0.3 //Brake scalar
differential_braking_scale =0.5 //Delta on the amount of brake when the rudder pedals deflected

Modification fuel quantity :

[fuel]

//Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

fuel_type = 1
number_of_tank_selectors = 1

Center1 = 6, 0, 1, 50.5, 0
LeftMain = 0.5, 5, 0, 34, 0
RightMain = 0.5, -5, 0, 34, 0
External1 = 1, 0, -3.7, 57.5, 0
electric_pump=1

You can also play with a prop animation in each texture .... if you want:

[fltsim.37]
title=P-40E_1 (50 Hiko Sentai #2)
sim=IRIS_P40
model=P-40E_2
panel=
sound=
texture=e_50hiko
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
ui_manufacturer=IRIS P-40E Series
ui_type="IJAAF P-40E Warhawk"
prop_anim_ratio=1.025
ui_variation="No. 50 Hiko Sentai #2"
atc_id=S

Motormouse
May 5th, 2010, 07:19
The F-5 pack is pretty good- still missing click-spots on the 3d panel, but it's got a functional 2d panel (less A/P and most of the usual nav gauges). Will be a nice addition after some tweeking.

Isra (of recently released Mirage III); did a very nice panel upgrade for the F-5;
and Markus Schindler has done some fine repaints.

ttfn

Pete

OBIO
May 5th, 2010, 07:55
My old system has problems with some of these planes. The EAP package and F-15 packages really hammer my frame rates. My sim is locked at 25 FPS with all detail sliders on full (other than visibility/draw distance or what ever it's called). With the EAP and F-15 packages, my system drags along at 8 to 12 FPS..even with the HUD gauges deactivated. The F-14 drops my frame rates by 3 to 5 FPS....livable...and that is with the HUD in place. The A-7, S-3, Tornado....I get full frame rates. Haven't really checked out the Mig-29 yet. I have all the packages downloaded and archived onto a DVD for safe keeping. Maybe in a couple years I will be able to put together a more powerful system that will handle these packages better.

OBIO

MaddogK
May 5th, 2010, 08:21
Isra (of recently released Mirage III); did a very nice panel upgrade for the F-5;

ttfn

Pete

Nice, TNX- will check em out.

<edit> umm...WOW !!!
http://www.opus2.ch/page_4.htm

Wild Bill Kelso
May 5th, 2010, 13:14
Thanks for your tweaks, claudius! :salute:
I'll give them a try.

Btw:
This Kitty is just about to be finished...

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/Kittyhawk/WairarapaWildcat_4.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/Kittyhawk/WairarapaWildcat_5.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/Kittyhawk/WairarapaWildcat_6.jpg

It's NZ3009/ZK-RMH in her 2001 Duxford outfit (as 'Wairarapa Wildcat II').
More to follow...

Cheers,
Markus.

Corsair 14F
May 5th, 2010, 13:36
Some great paywares are now released for free but we lost some of the finest repainters Bananabob, Yago9 please come back! :wavey:

MaddogK
May 5th, 2010, 15:22

ttfn

Pete

Ya don't by chance have a working link to Isra's V2 panel for the F5 ?? Appears he pulled down the V2 because the V3 is due shortly. Not sure I can wait....

WarHorse47
May 5th, 2010, 18:06
Great looking P-40 skin, Markus. Looking forward to it. Just read the a story on the restoration of NZ2009/ZK-RMH. Thanks much. :ernae:

--WH

PeteHam
May 5th, 2010, 22:23
Nice Kiwi repaint for the P-40 Markus :applause: :applause:

At this rate we'll make you an honory Kiwi :icon_lol:

Pete.

Motormouse
May 6th, 2010, 01:00
Ya don't by chance have a working link to Isra's V2 panel for the F5 ?? Appears he pulled down the V2 because the V3 is due shortly. Not sure I can wait....

I think I have it at home, if you can wait a few days; but why not ask Isra yourself, he's a member here too y'know...

ttfn

Pete

awj112
May 6th, 2010, 08:26
Andy Nott of AGN textures has released his previously payware EAP texture "superpack" to flight sim. He has also given me permission to upload his F-15C/D "superpack".

Search for "eap_agn_pack.zip"

Txmmy83
May 6th, 2010, 11:15
Andy Nott of AGN textures has released his previously payware EAP texture "superpack" to flight sim. He has also given me permission to upload his F-15C/D "superpack".

Search for "eap_agn_pack.zip"

are you in contact with Andy? if yes
Please ask him if he has a paintkit for the Harrier

BR
Tom

Quax d. Bruchpilot
May 6th, 2010, 13:15
only 2 screenies just 4 fun :kilroy:
I hope some more will appear now the 29 is for free

MaddogK
May 6th, 2010, 20:25
I think I have it at home, if you can wait a few days; but why not ask Isra yourself, he's a member here too y'know...

ttfn

Pete

Didn't know that..I did get a copy tho. The INS is a real piece of art but I'm having a bit of trouble with it outside of Europe. MUCH more than just eye candy, V3 should keep me busy for months.

awj112
May 6th, 2010, 21:14
only 2 screenies just 4 fun :kilroy:
I hope some more will appear now the 29 is for free

I am a big scenery fan. What is the scenery in the second Mig-29 shot?

Quax d. Bruchpilot
May 6th, 2010, 23:48
I am a big scenery fan. What is the scenery in the second Mig-29 shot?

It's Cottbus Drewitz by Henry Noack. You'll find it here

http://www.designerneu.kilu.de/index.html

Very nice scenery !

Greetings
Andi

Lenny
May 14th, 2010, 12:45
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the red HUD-color (VC) of the F-15E into the normal highlighted green?

ian elliot
May 15th, 2010, 19:39
It's Cottbus Drewitz by Henry Noack. You'll find it here

http://www.designerneu.kilu.de/index.html

Very nice scenery !

Greetings
Andi

Hi, the screens of these airfields look very nice indeed but the sites in German and i cant figure how to download them, im assuming they are password protected, but im not sure how to sign up for one, any help.
cheers ian

Wild Bill Kelso
May 17th, 2010, 00:58
They claim:
"Wenn ihr uns anschreibt bekommt ihr ein Passwort zugeschickt.
Mit diesen Passwort habt ihr dann die Möglichkeit diese Sachen
zu laden. Achtung: Es sind noch nicht alle Sachen zum Dowload
verfügbar, da wir noch einige davon überarbeiten müssen."

This means that you'll have to send them an email to the address mentioned to obtain a password.
Once the password is received, you may download by using the <click> button.
Not all of the sceneries mentioned are currently available.
They recommend using the Firefox browser to download.

Quite odd way to offer freeware sceneries, isn't it?

Cheers,
Markus.

ian elliot
May 17th, 2010, 05:04
Well, ive fired them off an e-mail, my Germans a bit rusty:kilroy:, now i'll wait and see what happens.
cheers ian

Matt Wynn
May 17th, 2010, 05:10
are you in contact with Andy? if yes
Please ask him if he has a paintkit for the Harrier

BR
Tom

Tom, i uploaded the harrier paintkit for you, it's on the iris forums with a download link...

Txmmy83
May 17th, 2010, 14:47
Tom, i uploaded the harrier paintkit for you, it's on the iris forums with a download link...
thankyou Matt

Fauville
May 22nd, 2010, 02:39
Can anyone give me the .cfg mods to add the RCBCO carrier gauges to the F-14?

oak666
May 24th, 2010, 20:42
I'm having loads of fun with the free stuff from IRIS and Alphasim. I love the EAPs. Can someone tell me how to easily add the ability to use the autopilot with these planes? Like the autopilot button seems to work, and the radios, but you can't toggle the alt, speed, course, and heading values. Or atleast I haven't been able to.

*Edit. I just noticed the F-14 has the option to use the 'default radio panel', which is kinda what i was after. Is there a way to add the ability to use that in the other IRIS planes, or any planes without autopilot?

*Edit 2. After exploring some more i noticed the IFR panel in the EAP, and the buttons for the autopilot work there.
:icon_lol: So everything is OK. Haha, should have read the manual.

Clarke123
May 26th, 2010, 15:31
The word is that the phantoms are to be released soon :applause:

OBIO
May 26th, 2010, 16:34
I am looking forward to the Phantoms becoming freeware like a kid looking forward to Christmas, Easter and Summer Vacation all rolled into one big weekend. I hope the Phantom is frame rate friendly...the IRIS F-15 and EAP/Typhoon kill my frame rates, the F-5 somewhat but not as bad.

OBIO

tonybones2112
May 26th, 2010, 17:53
I am looking forward to the Phantoms becoming freeware like a kid looking forward to Christmas, Easter and Summer Vacation all rolled into one big weekend. I hope the Phantom is frame rate friendly...the IRIS F-15 and EAP/Typhoon kill my frame rates, the F-5 somewhat but not as bad.

OBIO

I know Pepe converted the Iris P-40 to CFS2 but has anyone tried the Mig 27 and 29?

Bones

Matt Wynn
May 27th, 2010, 06:35

OBIO

try swapping out the HUD's i use the FSKBT F/A-18 HUD in mine and if i recall it did improve my performance, others i know use the Coral F-15HUD which i think offers further gains... if i recall right the HUD is the main killer..

Z-claudius24
May 27th, 2010, 12:45
Hi,

The word is that the phantoms are to be released soonAbout Phantoms .. you can't beat Cloud 9 model :)
And it's not HU of a freeware release :mix-smi:

awj112
May 27th, 2010, 13:00
But of the non-Cloud9 F-4s, I think the Iris F-4s may have a slight edge in quality over the Alphasim F-4s. My opinion of course lest I start a blood feud.

Matt Wynn
May 27th, 2010, 13:22
But of the non-Cloud9 F-4s, I think the Iris F-4s may have a slight edge in quality over the Alphasim F-4s. My opinion of course lest I start a blood feud.

blood feud? wheres my rifle and kevlars? "Will support higest bidder" :icon_lol:

Clarke123
May 27th, 2010, 13:24
Hi,

About Phantoms .. you can't beat Cloud 9 model :)
And it's not HU of a freeware release :mix-smi:
Yeah, but Cloud9 don't have a Royal Navy F-4K :jump:

Wing_Z
May 30th, 2010, 19:05
IRIS Bandwidth exceeded
Sunday, 30th May, 2010
Due in large part to the success and downloads of the newly available IRIS Classics range, portions of the IRIS Server have exceeded their bandwidth.
This includes the forum, support center, IRIS files including hotfixes and classics products.
Unfortunately these sections will not be available until about the 13th of June when our montly allocation resets.
For support during this time, please either contact our support directly via Skype or MSN from the 'Contact Us' page above or e-mail us direct at admin@irissimulations.com
To ensure this issue does not happen again, all IRIS Classics products will be disabled for the month if bandwidth threatens to exceed our montly limits.

Sundog
May 30th, 2010, 19:28
Is there a reason they don't just upload them to AVSIM, Flightsim, SOH, etc? I just mean, that frees them of the bandwidth limit, that's all.

Z-claudius24
May 30th, 2010, 20:06
Hi,

Is there a reason they don't just upload them to AVSIM, Flightsim, SOH, etc? I just mean, that frees them of the bandwidth limit, that's all.

Indeed ... but why make simple when it's possible to complicate all ? http://www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/8/superbiggrin.gif

Wild Bill Kelso
May 31st, 2010, 03:52
Maybe they just want to maintain control about how to get access to their models?
It's a commercial product after all, even when it's given for free...

Clarke123
May 31st, 2010, 04:08
Maybe they just want to maintain control about how to get access to their models?
It's a commercial product after all, even when it's given for free...
It's hardly controlling access when anyone can just roll up and download it, no registering, no nuthin'. After all Alphasim just plonked theirs on avsim and had done with it, no problems. Keeping it on site or uploading to avsim ammount to the same thing where access is concerned. Once it's in the hands of the community the only control they retain is the copyright and that 99.9% of us honour such things as permission and intellectual property. Stick it on avsim and you won't have a crippled website, it aint rocket science.

Quax d. Bruchpilot
May 31st, 2010, 13:22
I've played with the original paints of IRIS F-15

the poor result below, but I love it ;-)

If anybody wants my "trash :-)))))" let me know ;-)

Karaya
June 2nd, 2010, 01:10
I've played with the original paints of IRIS F-15

the poor result below, but I love it ;-)

If anybody wants my "trash :-)))))" let me know ;-)

Your 'trash' looks fine to me!I'd like to get a copy of it if you don't mind.I did find a Bitburg paint for it on another site last year but the download was broken.

Matt Wynn
June 2nd, 2010, 01:59
Bitburg paint looks good, I'm just finalising a few things then i start on the F-15's from the Ace Combat games, me and Andy Nott alread did 'Cipher' and 'pixy' from Ace Combat Zero but they're gonna get updated... also going to updaye the paintkit a bit... going to be a long couple of days... :wavey:

....i also would like your Bitburg Paints... :jump:

Clarke123
June 2nd, 2010, 03:29
That's weird, I'm still able to download from Iris, has anyone else tried?

tonybones2112
June 2nd, 2010, 03:39

I downloaded two Migs from there a week or more ago, no problem.

Bones

Wild Bill Kelso
June 2nd, 2010, 03:43
....i also would like your Bitburg Paints... :jump:

What about this one? :ernae:

Matt Wynn
June 2nd, 2010, 03:52

was sorted yesterday Clarke :salute: everything i believe is back up...

TomSteber
June 2nd, 2010, 04:07
Yes, it's back up. Downloading the Hawks as I type.

Matt Wynn
June 2nd, 2010, 04:27
Yes, it's back up. Downloading the Hawks as I type.

great plane, my most used :icon_lol: just uploading the Classics here at SoH...

Clarke123
June 2nd, 2010, 05:46
was sorted yesterday Clarke :salute: everything i believe is back up...
I thought the bandwidth issue was in effect till the middle of the month. Did they spring for an upgrade? :icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
June 2nd, 2010, 05:49
I thought the bandwidth issue was in effect till the middle of the month. Did they spring for an upgrade? :icon_lol:

heck knows i'm just the lowly painter :icon_lol: i'm not privvy to the business side :icon_lol:

Txmmy83
June 5th, 2010, 15:54
I will give the P40 an fictional Racer Paint in the next days ;)

BR
Tom