PDA

View Full Version : WAKE EFFECT PACKAGE NEARLY READY

Bill Kestell
April 23rd, 2010, 10:37
Below is a listing of the float planes and flying boats for which I have massaged the numbers for GREENGHOSTS wake effect. I'm holding off just a bit to ask any members to advise me of any aircraft they know of that I have missed and should include in the package.

FLOAT PLANES
-BRITISH
----NOMAD (Payakan-Peperez)
----SEAHAWK (Scrub)
----KINGFISHER (Piglet)
----SEA OTTER (Baldy)
----SWORDFISH (Ground Crew)
----WALRUS (FS9 and CFS2 VERSIONS)
----SPITFIRE Vb FF
---------YAS
---------Sky Unilmited

-DUTCH
----T4A FOKKER (Payakan)
----T8 FOKKER (Payakan)

-FRENCH
----Late 298 (Corrado la Posta)
----LeO 130 (Blady)
----LeO 257 (Baldy)
----Potez 25 (Baldy)

-GERMAN
----Ar 196
---------Alpha
---------S. Green
----He-115
---------Alpha
---------Payakan
----T8W FOKKER (Payakan)

-ITALY
----RS-14 (Taccoli)
----Z 506B (VB)

-JAPAN
----A6M2-N RUFE (Akemi)
----E8N1 DAVE (AB SQUAD???)
----E13A1 JAKE (Akemi)
----E16A1 PAUL (Anderson)
----F1M2 PETE
---------Simpson-Perlotto
---------Yashico
----M6A1 SEIRAN (Magelhaes-Metal Dreams)
----K5Y WILLOW (Shimizu)
----N1K1 REX (Lind)

-SPANISH CIVIL WAR
----Z 506 (VB)

-US
----J2F2 DUCK (DDG)
----J2F2 DUCK (H Sherman - DDG)
----OS2U KINGFISHER (Piglet)
----OS2U KINGFISHER (Mr3)
----SOC SEAGULL (Clawson)
----SC-1 SEAHAWK (Scrub)

FLYING BOATS
-BRITISH
----PBY CATALINA
---------Alpha
---------Follas-Horsey
---------Stone
---------VN
----FELIXSTOWE F2A
---------JBKristensen (FS9)
---------S. Green
----PBM MARINER (Rockster)
----SINGAPORE (Baldy)
----SUNDERLAND (S. Green)

-DUTCH
----Do-24 (Regeer)(Ground Crew)

-FRENCH
----Br 521 (Baldy)
----Late 300 (Payakan)
----Late 302 (Payakan)
----LeO 70 (Baldy)

-GERMAN
----Br 521 (Blady)
----Bv 138
Ito
Payakan
----Bv 222 (Ito)
----Bv 238 (Payakan)
----Do 18 (???)
----Do 24 (Ground Crew)
----Do 26 (???)
----Do 216 (Payakan)

-JAPAN
----H6K_MAVIS
---------Alpha
---------Piglet
----H8K_EMILY (McCaffrey-Buddha13)

-US
----PBY CATALINA
---------Alpha
---------Follas-Horsey
---------Stone
---------VB
---------VN
----PBM MARINER
---------Rockster
---------VN
----PB2Y CORONADO
---------Rockster
---------VN

Again ... if any forum members know of something I've missed and supply it to me ... I will add it to the above before uploading the WAKE EFFECTS PACKAGE v1.0

Thanks, Bill:salute:

Jagdflieger
April 23rd, 2010, 12:24
Bill,

That's quite a list of planes. Lots of work in this pack.

We'll stick it so that it gets max visibility.

onnogras
April 23rd, 2010, 12:34
This is a great list, Bill!

Missing, maybe:
Payakan (& peperez) made a Fokker C11W.
The Do-24 of Ground Crew maybe?
yashico's F1M2?

I could not find any more (and I'm a floatplane fanatic! :jump:)

OG

Bill Kestell
April 23rd, 2010, 16:51
Thanks for the "Sticky", Jagd ... much appreciated

OG ... Thanks ... the Do-24 (regeer) is the Ground Crew aircraft and I fixed the name on one of the F1M2 Petes ... it's a Yashico model.

I will go out and look for the Fokker and add this to the list.

dvslats
April 23rd, 2010, 17:05
Holy Cow Bill, Now that's a list.
Remember to eat and sleep somewhere in between these. :icon_lol:

Dave

Bill Kestell
April 23rd, 2010, 18:03
Hey ... here she is. One problem I had with the conversion is that I have NO PROP SPIN!!!!

If you have this converted and if you have a working prop .... please let me know!

Bill Kestell
April 23rd, 2010, 18:32
Thanks for the concern, Dave! Seriously, it wasn't all that bad and it was a lot of fun ... really.

Here's another of my favorites!

JETninja
April 23rd, 2010, 18:59
Very cool work your doing Sir!

Ravenna
April 23rd, 2010, 19:28
Bill, this has to be the definitive set of wakes for seaplanes and flyingboats. Many thanks for such a huge effort on such an important and often overlooked effect.
:ernae::applause::applause::applause::applause::er nae:

dudleyz48
April 23rd, 2010, 20:22
Great job Bill.....can't hardly wait to see'm on my RAAF PBY.........

PJMack
April 23rd, 2010, 21:09
Amazing job Bill. I will definitely put them to good use. Thank you.:jump:

Skipsan
April 24th, 2010, 12:18
Ryukichi Shimizu Aka_Sea_v007c_E2 or Akatombo_Sea_v007 Code Name: "Willow". That is all I can think of.

Skipsan :kilroy:

Bill Kestell
April 24th, 2010, 14:27
Ryukichi Shimizu Aka_Sea_v007c_E2 or Akatombo_Sea_v007 Code Name: "Willow". That is all I can think of.

Skipsan :kilroy:

Hi!

It's on the list as K5Y_WILLOW.

Thanks

HighGround22
April 24th, 2010, 14:48
Bill: Didn't see the DHC-2 Beaver floatplane (Canada). FS9 and FSX Aerosoft versions.

Meanwhile, that's an impressive list, Sir.

Bill Kestell
April 24th, 2010, 21:05
Bill: Didn't see the DHC-2 Beaver floatplane (Canada). FS9 and FSX Aerosoft versions.

Unfortunately, the above is a FSX and Payware as well . I will look into another FS2004/2002 Beaver to see if one converts nicely. Right now I'm having fits with Mike Stone's GOOSE (fine on the water ... but can't get her to sit properly on the tarmac)

Captain Tenneal
April 24th, 2010, 23:55
Bill,

how bout that 02U-1 Corsair Float by Tom Wintrow

Boy I wished that FDG II Wildcatfish could of made the leep too

BTW Thanks!!!

Jagdflieger
April 25th, 2010, 04:33
Captain,

Me too. In fact we worked on it for a while, but there were some issues caused by the ground handling wheels that were part of the FS 9 model. In FS 9 they deployed and retracted on command, but in CFS 2 they were always out hanging in the breeze. The AI version without the ground handling wheels didn't have a VC.

bearcat241
April 25th, 2010, 06:14
Bill, this has to be the definitive set of wakes for seaplanes and flyingboats. Many thanks for such a huge effort on such an important and often overlooked effect.

Well said Ravenna...Great stuff Bill!... i know a little about how you work...one float model got to you so bad that you decided to take them ALL behind the woodshed for some "corrective counseling". :icon_lol:

:salute::salute::salute:

Bill Kestell
April 25th, 2010, 10:09
Well said Ravenna...Great stuff Bill!... i know a little about how you work...one float model got to you so bad that you decided to take them ALL behind the woodshed for some "corrective counseling". :icon_lol:

:salute::salute::salute:

Got that right, Brother ... you know me all too well!

Bill Kestell
April 25th, 2010, 12:27
Bill,

how bout that 02U-1 Corsair Float by Tom Wintrow

Boy I wished that FDG II Wildcatfish could of made the leep too

BTW Thanks!!!

Capt'n ... how's this?

PSULLYKEYS
April 26th, 2010, 07:06
Much needed! Thanks for your work. Can't wait!:salute:

sc7500
April 26th, 2010, 07:40
Good Work, Mr. K ! :icon29:

Is it just me being observant, or are we experiencing yet another Renaissance of development in this group ?

SC
:kilroy:

PJMack
April 26th, 2010, 08:52
Good Work, Mr. K ! :icon29:

Is it just me being observant, or are we experiencing yet another Renaissance of development in this group ?

SC

Bill,

When, When, When????

Bill Kestell
April 26th, 2010, 14:38
Bill,

When, When, When????

I will be starting up loads tonight!

I found that I have to make some changes to effects names (shorter) and my plan is to put both FLOAT PLANES and FLYING BOATS together, by nationality. I had wanted to release ONE, GIANT download ... but I'm having "issues" with that.

Once these are out there, I want to get into some FS9 inter-war types ... but see no point in delaying the WW-II era types ... the ones you most want to see and use ... so I can release everyting all at once.

In the meantime ... here are some from the follow-on drop that will come soon after.

Cheers,

Billy

PJMack
April 26th, 2010, 14:56
I will be starting up loads tonight!

I found that I have to make some changes to effects names (shorter) and my plan is to put both FLOAT PLANES and FLYING BOATS together, by nationality. I had wanted to release ONE, GIANT download ... but I'm having "issues" with that.

Once these are out there, I want to get into some FS9 inter-war types ... but see no point in delaying the WW-II era types ... the ones you most want to see and use ... so I can release everyting all at once.

In the meantime ... here are some from the follow-on drop that will come soon after.

Cheers,

Billy
Keep tempting me Bill.

Bill Kestell
April 26th, 2010, 15:38
Keep tempting me Bill.

Hey, PJ ... there uploaded (ready?) at CFS2 add-ons OTHER.

I just hope I didn't screw it up ... just a little near-virgin nerves. This is only my second upload attempt ... and my first with this kind of effects thing ... so I just hope it works for you like it did for me.

Thanks to all my friends and forum-mates for all the encouraging words of support!

Billy:kilroy:

Captain Tenneal
April 26th, 2010, 18:24
its purty cool Short Solent III, SPAL it's an old fs2k/fs98 model by Harry Follas this is the shot from FS but I have it working in cfs2 just fine

<edit>
check that the damn model wont show now!!!!!!!!1

sc7500
April 26th, 2010, 18:41
Here's a link to CT's above-mentioned Flying Boat:

sol3spal.zip

http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=AirMapSearch&sim=fs2000&for=boac&fsec=6,13,19,

Heeeeeee!
SC

Bill Kestell
April 26th, 2010, 19:20
Here's a link to CT's above-mentioned Flying Boat:

sol3spal.zip

http://www.flightsim.com/file.php?cm=AirMapSearch&sim=fs2000&for=boac&fsec=6,13,19,

Heeeeeee!
SC

I think I've opened Pandora's box (orsomething very much like it) ... just so this doesn't cut into my range time ... gotta' keep up my skills!

PJMack
April 26th, 2010, 19:59
I think I've opened Pandora's box (orsomething very much like it) ... just so this doesn't cut into my range time ... gotta' keep up my skills!

Bill,

Would you kindly clarify...Gun, Golf, Cooking, ???:salute:

Captain Tenneal
April 26th, 2010, 21:39
I promise no more well except............................................ ..:gameon::bump: J/King Thanks Bill

PJMack
April 27th, 2010, 08:02
I promise no more well except............................................ ..:gameon::bump: J/King Thanks Bill

Bill,

:salute:Thank you! I just got them:salute:

Bill Kestell
April 27th, 2010, 08:14
Bill,

:salute:Thank you! I just got them:salute:
Like I said before ... I just hope everything works like it's s'posed to!!!!

dvslats
April 27th, 2010, 11:41
Like I said before ... I just hope everything works like it's s'posed to!!!!
Oh yeah, they work fine, just fine....Much appreciated Bill! :applause:

Jerm
April 27th, 2010, 17:33
having trouble with the installation here.

In you Aircraft CFG folder, scroll and locate [EFFECTS] and then type in the following information:

none of my aircraft cfg files have an effects section. did you mean the dp file?

miamieagle
April 27th, 2010, 17:44
Thank you very much!:jump::wiggle::wavey::salute:

Bill Kestell
April 27th, 2010, 18:29
having trouble with the installation here.

In you Aircraft CFG folder, scroll and locate [EFFECTS] and then type in the following information:

none of my aircraft cfg files have an effects section. did you mean the dp file?

Hi, Jerm...

If your aircraft CFG file does not have [EFFECTS] or [LIGHTS] sections... just type each of these in as they appear here: [EFFECTS] and/or [LIGHTS]

Then, copy and paste the required information from the particular download to each.

On the panel, the gauge number (38 in nearly all of my installs) MUST NOT be a number already in use in window 00 (this will cause a conflict). I've tried to account for this with my selection of numbers ... but it pays to double check. If you need to go higher than the number I provided ... just make that change ... no big deal.

Hope this helps ... if not ... let me know and I'll work with you. I've been there myself, buddy ... and it's frustrating when it just doesn't work for you.

Cheers, Billy:salute:

Jerm
April 27th, 2010, 19:55
Hi, Jerm...

If your aircraft CFG file does not have [EFFECTS] or [LIGHTS] sections... just type each of these in as they appear here: [EFFECTS] and/or [LIGHTS]

Then, copy and paste the required information from the particular download to each.

On the panel, the gauge number (38 in nearly all of my installs) MUST NOT be a number already in use in window 00 (this will cause a conflict). I've tried to account for this with my selection of numbers ... but it pays to double check. If you need to go higher than the number I provided ... just make that change ... no big deal.

Hope this helps ... if not ... let me know and I'll work with you. I've been there myself, buddy ... and it's frustrating when it just doesn't work for you.

Cheers, Billy:salute:

yeah got it to work!

Bill Kestell
April 27th, 2010, 20:30
yeah got it to work!

OUTSTANDING!!! Nice screen shot!

I'd like to see screenies using this effect from ANY of you who feel like posting yours ... nice to see it in your surroundings rather than mine!

Sopwith Chameleon
April 28th, 2010, 02:49
:salute: - great stuff Bill - many thanks for this ......:ernae:

Bill Kestell
April 28th, 2010, 14:33
Thanks to all you guys for the kind words and nice screenies. I'm still working on the additions ... no rest for the wicked ... so I must be REALLY BAD! (LOL):engel016:

Bill Kestell
April 28th, 2010, 15:26
its purty cool Short Solent III, SPAL it's an old fs2k/fs98 model by Harry Follas this is the shot from FS but I have it working in cfs2 just fine

<edit>
check that the damn model wont show now!!!!!!!!1

Hey, Capt'n ...

I checked this out, downloaded it and the Textures are not what I'm used to seeing.

If you would send your a/c to me, I'd have no problem working up the effect ... but right now I'm dead in the water (or HELL for a seaplane)!

I also checked out the Sandringham ... same kind of textures ... W-T-F???

Cheers, Bill

Bill Kestell
April 28th, 2010, 18:11

High Ground 22!

I do have a DHC-2 Beaver done (not the FSX/FS9 Aerosoft version) ... if you care to send me your e-mail address, I would send it to you before release.

Two things though ... I don't know if CFS2 effects work in FS9 of FSX. (Some more knowledgeable forum members need to jump in here). Second, while the positioning of the effects may be correct for the Aerosoft version ... if the effects don't show up because of incompatibility ... we may not know.

However ... if you have this aircraft and want to try my effects ... just let me know. Sadly, for now it's the best I can do ... but I'll do what I can.

Cheers,

Billy

egypt23spitfire
April 28th, 2010, 19:50
.................excellent work, will definitely make water landings more interesting:salute:

................one little amphib could have been left out is The GRUMMAN G44/J4F-1/Gosling I
.................HARRY FOLLAS:ernae:

Bill Kestell
April 28th, 2010, 22:21
.................excellent work, will definitely make water landings more interesting:salute:

................one little amphib could have been left out is The GRUMMAN G44/J4F-1/Gosling I
.................HARRY FOLLAS:ernae:

It's on my to do list now ... thanks for the heads up!

Captain Tenneal
April 29th, 2010, 20:40
Hey, Capt'n ...

I checked this out, downloaded it and the Textures are not what I'm used to seeing.

I also checked out the Sandringham ... same kind of textures ... W-T-F???

Cheers, Bill

there fs-5 textures from an older design tool can't remember the name right now tho!! LOL "flightshop" maybe?

Jagdflieger
April 30th, 2010, 03:12
Thanks for the hard work on these.

Good idea to break 'em up by nationality. Makes it easier to grab what you need.

Bill Kestell
April 30th, 2010, 08:39
Thanks for the hard work on these.

Good idea to break 'em up by nationality. Makes it easier to grab what you need.

Ya' know, Jagd, I'm just happy that there was "something" I was able to contribute to a great family. :salute:

erufle
May 1st, 2010, 04:20
Yea, so this is one more thing I need to get back to - flying to those beautiful CFS2 sea bases. Thanks Bill!

skylane
May 2nd, 2010, 10:08
Bill, I´ve downloaded the wake effects, but when I try to extract the zip-files I keep getting the message that yarious files are password protected.

Did I miss anything, or is my computer going crazy???

Bill Kestell
May 2nd, 2010, 14:34
Bill, I´ve downloaded the wake effects, but when I try to extract the zip-files I keep getting the message that yarious files are password protected.

Did I miss anything, or is my computer going crazy???

Skylane ... honest ... NOTHING I would do would EVER be password protected. This comes as a complete surprise.

I'd suggest downloading one or more again and try opening.

If you still have a problem, send me a PM with your e-maill and I'll send my files to you directly.

skylane
May 3rd, 2010, 09:57
Bill,

downoading them again did the trick - now they open as usual.
I have no idea why my computer asked for a password the first time..
sorry to bother you

The wake effects look great! Thank you!

Brunosk
May 3rd, 2010, 10:56
Thanks a lot, Bill, your wakes are truely magnificient !
Been putting them to good use already (would you mind my uploading tweaked versions with my next seaplanes ?) !

Bill Kestell
May 3rd, 2010, 12:36
Thanks a lot, Bill, your wakes are truely magnificient !
Been putting them to good use already (would you mind my uploading tweaked versions with my next seaplanes ?) !

PLEASE ... modify and improve the hell out of 'em ... Buddy, I'm just a hacker at this ... swinging a BIG AXE.

It would be GREAT to have someone go in with a scalpel and REALLY make it look good!

(If you get bored ... you can always go back and redo ALL OF THEM ... now THAT would be something) ... typing that with a grin on my face from ear to ear!:applause:

Bill Kestell
May 3rd, 2010, 12:38
Bill,

downoading them again did the trick - now they open as usual.
I have no idea why my computer asked for a password the first time..
sorry to bother you

The wake effects look great! Thank you!

It's NEVER a bother! If you think your computer is wierd ... ask Bearcat241 to tell you whay I can do to a computer sometime! It'll curl your hair .... even if your bald!

CrisGer
May 4th, 2010, 21:15
beautiful work, thanks so much for doing this. Much appreciated.

mariereid
May 14th, 2010, 14:20
Bill, thanks for the lesson and the wakes! I put Mortons Zero panel in and all is well.

bobhegf
May 14th, 2010, 15:28
I sure wish we could get the AI to use thoes wakes as well as the player AC. Bill here are someother ideas for you. Dust effects, water spray when ditching and dust effects when you have to bellyland.Then to really top it off figure out a way for the AI to use the same effects.Well, that is just something to think about.I thank you for all the hard work you have done.

Bill Kestell
May 14th, 2010, 16:26
I sure wish we could get the AI to use thoes wakes as well as the player AC. Bill here are someother ideas for you. Dust effects, water spray when ditching and dust effects when you have to bellyland.Then to really top it off figure out a way for the AI to use the same effects.Well, that is just something to think about.I thank you for all the hard work you have done.

I think that Jaxon has some tips that include dust ... or maybe it was one of the Japanese designers. Once I wrap up the wake effect business (any day now) ... I'll go searchin'!

Thanks for the ideas. As for the AI's ... THAT sounds like stuff for the REAL MASTERS in this sim ... maybe they have some ideas on why AI's act so wierdly at times.:jump:

Jagdflieger
May 14th, 2010, 17:53
Bill,

Have you thought about using the Greenghoast dust effects gauge for land based aeroplanes? Pips brought the subject up in another thread and I've used it with success in the past. Works like the wake effect, but with dust on land.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=36621

Bill Kestell
May 14th, 2010, 18:45
Bill,

Have you thought about using the Greenghoast dust effects gauge for land based aeroplanes? Pips brought the subject up in another thread and I've used it with success in the past. Works like the wake effect, but with dust on land.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=36621

What do they say about "one picture is worth a thousand words"? ... that was EXACTLY the screen shot I was thinking of ... and a great place to start! Thanks, Jagd.