PDA

View Full Version : STUPID QUESTION ON AIRCRAFT SUBSTITUTION.

Fibber
April 22nd, 2010, 18:15
I want to substitute some aircraft for the generic CD aircraft. What eactly do I have to change to make the sub? Is it like the ship sub? Followed that ( I think) and had a lot of "can't find notices".

Jagdflieger
April 23rd, 2010, 03:09
Fibber,

With aircraft it is easy to subtitute.

1. Just rename the MS stock aircraft to something like "A6M2_Zero-Orig" or just delete it if you want.

2. Take the new Zero and install it in the normal manner. Once installed, just rename it's folder to the original stock MS name, "A6M2_Zero" and it will work for most situations.

3. To make sure that it functions in all situations, treat it like a substitute ship and open the folder up and:

a. Open the aircraft.cfg file and:

[fltsim.0]
title=A6M2 Zero <---Name like the original
sim=A6M2_Zero <---Name like the original
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
KB_checklists=a6m2_zero_check

b. Rename the DP file to match the sim=A6M2_Zero line or whatever you replacing.

c. Rename the flight model to the same name too.

4. With the A6M2_Zero, the F4F2_Wildcat and the F4U-1_Corsair be sure to add the sounds from the original plane or replacement sounds into their sound folders. Many addon planes alias to these planes and without the sound files in their folders, they won't show up in the menu.

Using the above method, your substitute planes will show up in any missions that call for them as well as in the Quick Combat menu.

JapLance
April 23rd, 2010, 03:18
I want to substitute some aircraft for the generic CD aircraft. What eactly do I have to change to make the sub? Is it like the ship sub? Followed that ( I think) and had a lot of "can't find notices".

Could those "can't find" errors be from weapons?. If so, the new plane could use a different set of loadouts in the DP file, so until you add them you will get an error.

Jagdflieger
April 23rd, 2010, 03:52
Good point Japlance.

It is easy to check a DP file for the required weapons need by a new addon. Of course the readme file should also mention any needed weapons.

For anyone not familiar with the DP file, just open it with Note or Wordpad and scroll down to the Payload section an it will show you what is needed:

[PAYLOAD.2]
mount.3=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.2=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, 4
mount.5=wep_pylon_ja_wing, 1, -1
mount.4=wep_ja_60kg_gp, 1, -1

Fibber
April 23rd, 2010, 04:43
I think you may have hit on it. I thought that I had all the weapons covered and loaded but some of these notices are for the japaneses weapons.
Since I use the central sound folder method it is not the sounds, as now it is easy to replace and do it right away for every plane I load.

Jag; that is what I was doing and getting the notices. That is what is perplexing. But now I know where to look to see if the weapons are covered. One of my main culprits is the F4F3 and F4F4 combo., and some of the MZ planes. The MZ may be for some I inadvertenly bypassed, as I use them all.

Thanks, I will now enter another dimension of sight and sound.:icon_lol:

JapLance
April 23rd, 2010, 05:10
I think you may have hit on it. I thought that I had all the weapons covered and loaded but some of these notices are for the japaneses weapons.
Since I use the central sound folder method it is not the sounds, as now it is easy to replace and do it right away for every plane I load.

Jag; that is what I was doing and getting the notices. That is what is perplexing. But now I know where to look to see if the weapons are covered. One of my main culprits is the F4F3 and F4F4 combo., and some of the MZ planes. The MZ may be for some I inadvertenly bypassed, as I use them all.

Thanks, I will now enter another dimension of sight and sound.:icon_lol:

Glad to be able to help*:wavey:.

Unfortunately I can't check my MZ planes because most of my DP files are heavily changed, but not many Japanese weapons have been added to the game, so I would bet that Akemi's planes use stock weapons. Allied or German planes are more likely to use non-stock weapons

miamieagle
April 23rd, 2010, 06:11
One more Tip. Make sure you Delete the folder inside the AC folder call CDP after you make any changes to any Aircraft. Not to worry it will replace itself automatical once you fly with the AC in its new configuration.