PDA

View Full Version : Massimo Taccoli's MB-339A annoying sound problem !!!!!

VaporZ
April 22nd, 2010, 04:49
Massimo Taccoli's Aermacchi MB-339A is a very interesting freeware
but I have a big problem with the sound of this FS9 Add-On.

There is first a loud "bip" sound when I start a flight with this airplane

then

There is a loud internal cockpit sound that "stays on" even when switching
to tower or spot views. This sound is so loud it covers the jet engine sound
on tower and spot views.

Even worse, if you end a flight with this airplane, this loud internal cockpit
sound stays on ( !!!! ) ...... even if you change of aircraft type and fly a
completely different mission.

By the way this problem does not occur with Massimo Taccoli's MB-339CD
version.

Question :

Is there any programing lines that can be decativated to make disapear this
annoying situation ?

It is the only FS9 Aircraft Add-On I have this kind of problem with.

Thanks in advance for any tip !
:wavey:
VaporZ

OBIO
April 22nd, 2010, 07:47
VaporZ

Did you grab the updated flight dynamics package for the plane? I am downloading the packages now and will install it and take a look at it and see if I can find the issue and fix it. Won't be able to work on it until later this evening...will let you know what I find.

OBIO

dogknot
April 22nd, 2010, 10:16
The Aermacchi MB339 A has two "active" sound.cfg's in its sound folder.

The one named "STD_Sound.cfg" is an alias to the default lear45 sounds. It should either be discarded or renamed to something like "STD_Sound.cfg.bak".
The one named "Sound.cfg" is the intended cfg and should be left intact.
This should eliminate all the extra noises you are experiencing...just be sure to do a proper shutdown.

The "bip" at FS startup is very annoying. It also beeps more (everytime) when the throttle is reduced to zero since the gauge determines a low oil pressure condition.

Rather than go through the high number of gauges with this plane, I just redid the offending "bip" wav file to be silent. It was much quicker and is very nice to not hear that beeper.
I also drastically reduced the volume of the brake grinding sound file which I found to be very annoying.

The "beep" wav file is Pz339_MRSDITH.wav and should have been installed to the main Sound folder of FS9.
The brake sound file is Pz339_Brakes_Sound.wav and is installed to the same main sound folder.

Here are my replacement wav files if you would like to try them.

dogknot
April 22nd, 2010, 13:00
If you decide you'd like the "bip" back, only with a lot less volume, here's one that's not so startling or ear piercing.

Just drop the .txt off the filename to make it a .wav file.

Z-claudius24
April 22nd, 2010, 13:19
Hi,

It's also another annoying thing with the noze wheel (burried in ground when braking) :)
My correction:

point.0 = 1, 13.24, 0, -4.62, 1574.8, 0, 0.653, 56, 0.25, 2.5, 0.9, 4, 4, 0, 0, 0