PDA

View Full Version : Just Browsing: Italian shopping

Autothrottle
April 21st, 2010, 21:59
Hello all,

I'm just wondering, I came over from Reg's site awhile ago and I stumbled onto the Groundcrew designs page linked to Italian wings. They have some Italian aircraft like the G-50, Cr-32, G-55 and the Re-2005.

My question is, since the NEK redux kit is not available, can these aircraft be used along with their shared files for stock CFS3? Are they only designed for MAW?

If not, will they cause any noticable issues after I install them in my aircraft folder and play the game?

Or should they be left alone?

HouseHobbit
April 21st, 2010, 22:27
They work fine for me, and have for years..
I have them loaded into all my CFS 3 family of sims except PTO..

alain95
April 22nd, 2010, 01:12
Yes everything from the old Italian Wings forum works well, but the cockpits models and textures from MAW have great improvements for the FIATs and CAPRONIs, you should prefer them to any older files, they works fine in a classical CFS3 installation as much as you put all the shared files.

Alain95

ndicki
April 22nd, 2010, 02:03
The NEK Redux is here:

http://www.simviation.com/cfs3_misc3.htm

lthump
April 22nd, 2010, 05:17
Thanks NDICKI , I didnt think it was unavailable either. I'm sure Ive got it here somewhere anyway.:jump:

Autothrottle
April 22nd, 2010, 21:42
The NEK Redux is here:

http://www.simviation.com/cfs3_misc3.htm

Can this be installed if you have new addons and the CFS3.1 and 3.1a updates as well as the AVH files?

Or does this require the vanilla install all over again?

Autothrottle
April 22nd, 2010, 21:54
Can this be installed if you have new addons and the CFS3.1 and 3.1a updates as well as the AVH files?

Just another question too: Do I need these optional NEK Redux packs or is it ok to stick with just the redux kit alone?

hairyspin
April 22nd, 2010, 21:58

You add the NEK to an ordinary CFS3 installation, with or without add-on aircraft, missions, etc. You DON'T install it to a MAW, ETO or PTO installation since they already have their own version of the NEK included.

HTH

ndicki
April 22nd, 2010, 22:13
As to whether you need the extras... Read the blurb and decide. I find the voicepacks can be useful, even if the actual languages are wrong. And so on.

Autothrottle
April 24th, 2010, 01:16
Thanks everybody, I'll give it a go ahead!