PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Problesm(I think)

Kowalski65
April 21st, 2010, 05:05
I am flying the RAAF's GAF Canberra Mk 2(an FS9 model that looks fine in FSX) a lot at the moment as I want to use it in the 50's jet race but I have a real problem with what I think is caused by the fuel system. At a certain point,always the same % fuel remaining, the engines cut out completely. I am using the Project Black Twin Jet panel so I can see fuel flow drop like a stone.
I thought I could cure it by just making just one fuel tank,so modified the a/c .cfg like this:

[fuel]
//Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
//1st line is my amendment,others are the original
center1 = 4, 0, 0.5, 2550, 0
//Center1 = 4, 0, 0.5, 550, 0
//Center2 = 0, 0, 0.5, 550, 0
//Center3 = -2, 0, 0.5, 550, 0
//LeftMain = 0, -10, 0, 540.4, 0
//RightMain = 0, 10, 0, 540.4, 0
fuel_type = 2
number_of_tank_selectors = 1
electric_pump=1

but the jets still stop.

I am not at all able to fiddle properly with files,the above was just a wild gues on my part. Is anyone able to point me in the direction of a cure for stalling engines?

Thanks

Andy

DaveQ
April 21st, 2010, 11:49
I get this with other FS9 portovers, most notably the Alphasim B-58. It seems that the problem imitates a failure of crossflow to a default tank. You can usually get it to draw from the next tank by simply using Ctl-E. Alternatively you have to go to the fuel and payload chart, put the default tank back to 100% then restart with Ctl-E. Maybe if you determine (from the fuel and payload chart) which is the default tank and reconfigure that in the aircraft.cfg file to hold all the fuel, that might work. But if someone knows how to make crossflow work in portovers I guess we'd both be grateful!!

DaveQ