PDA

View Full Version : Do you love the SuperBug of VRS or not ?

skulleader
April 20th, 2010, 23:37
Hello guys :salute:

I am fascinated by the VRS's SuperBug, for me with products A2A and PMDG I find that this SuperBug for FSX is best Addon for FSX, yes the BEST :applause::applause:

If I write this post it's because I have the sensation that there's not many users of FSX who possess FSX's SuperBug, I make a mistake ?

I look on all the forums which I know but I don't find a big rush for fabulous addon, no ? :kilroy:

Please can you say me if you possess this addon or then you don't bought because you don't love this addon, if you don't love this addon can you give me reasons because I am curious.

A great thank's for your answers, best regards. Skulleader :salute:

Lenop
April 20th, 2010, 23:47
I would love to buy it but their store is closed until all problems are solved. Hopefully by this weekend. So that is why you probably don't see more praises.
I own the FS9 version that I really love!

falcon409
April 20th, 2010, 23:50
Skulleader, this release has a "sticky" just above your thread that contains 14 pages of comments on the "Superbug". You can probably get a pretty good feel for what folks think about it by reading that thread.

Personally, I feel about the F-18 in any version the same way I do about the P-51. When you've seen one, you've seen em' all. Great looking airplanes but the defaults are all I need and I don't even fly them, lol.:salute:

swimeye
April 21st, 2010, 00:13
Hi Skulleader!

I own the superbug and i really like it, not only for the simulation of all advanced systems, but also for the beauty of the model and the fact that i have a very weak spot for the Hornet.
I think that alot more FSX users will by it once the store opens and the fact that they close the store until they have sorted out their problems (which i dont have by the way) sets an example of how a manufacturer should act when it comes th problems with their products. And the support and information along the process is awesome. :jump:

But i also think that the Superbug is a very specialized addon that some users would not even touch and comparing it with the Lotus L-39 (which has been a huge success) is not very fair since both products are top notch but the L-39 fits more FSX users because some users dont even look at advanced military addons. That is my view at least.

CheckSix
April 21st, 2010, 00:34
I'm with Falcon.

crazysundog
April 21st, 2010, 01:23
There is no comparison between the VRS Superbug and the default F18. There are enough systems and features in the VRS Hornet to rival all default FSX aircraft put together. It comes with a 350ish page manual, and although I've only skimmed it, I dont think there are enough pages....it'll take me a while to learn this puppy. Unfortunately, they had problems on release, and my joysticks aren't quite working right. When they get the issues sorted, I will love this thing much more!

:salute: Good Job VRS, raising the bar much higher!

FlameOut
April 21st, 2010, 02:59
I've pre-ordered it but have yet to D/L and install it. I could get it now with my email links but I'll wait until the store reopens.

Prowler1111
April 21st, 2010, 04:04
I´m with Falcon in this one, BUT at the same time, i agree with Skulleader in the sense of accuracy and systems representation, but none of the "bugs" really attract me...

Prowler

SirBenn21
April 21st, 2010, 04:34
I've said it before. VRS Super-bug is officially my favorite Add-on!!! :salute:

Ben

txnetcop
April 21st, 2010, 04:36
I'm afraid I'm in the camp with Falcon and Prowler. I looked over the specs and it does look like a great addonn if you want an F-18...I don't. If I see one more Mustang(unless it is Accusimmed) or F-18 I'm gonna scream! LOL Hey if that is what you like I would say it is probably the best you can buy!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Lateral-G
April 21st, 2010, 04:46
I would like to get one but I want to see how much of a frame rate hit it gives first. I would hate to spend $50 on an add-on that causes a "slide show" or stutters.

Personally I prefer a two-holer when it comes to fighter jets, especially for the F-18. I really love the CS F-18D. It's so much nicer than the default F-18.

I would be even more persuaded to get a Super Bug if VRS were to do a 2-seater.

-G-

MudMarine
April 21st, 2010, 04:47
I'm afraid I'm in the camp with Falcon and Prowler. I looked over the specs and it does look like a great addonn if you want an F-18...I don't. If I see one more Mustang(unless it is Accusimmed) or F-18 I'm gonna scream! LOL Hey if that is what you like I would say it is probably the best you can buy!
Ted
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

I'm with ya also! Can't say I care much for shop heaters, I have the FS9 bug and it's nice but give me a prop plane ANY day!!:wavey:

MudMarine
April 21st, 2010, 04:47
I would like to get one but I want to see how much of a frame rate hit it gives first. I would hate to spend $50 on an add-on that causes a "slide show" or stutters.

Personally I prefer a two-holer when it comes to fighter jets, especially for the F-18. I really love the CS F-18D. It's so much nicer than the default F-18.

-G-

I want the MARINE version also!!

crazysundog
April 21st, 2010, 05:50

-G-

It has an adjustment of 5 levels for betterFPS/ better Visuals....I have it on setting 3 and have gone from ~40-50 frames to 20-30. On setting 3 the visuals are really good, I may be dropping it back to see any improvements.

Kiwikat
April 21st, 2010, 05:58
The VRS plane is incredible. It is easily the best military jet to date. Easily.

And to those calling it yet another F-18... did you buy the A2A Cub? Did you buy the new Accusim B-17? Will you buy the Accusim P-51? If so, why? You do realize the super hornet is a completely different aircraft?

This plane is absolutely NOTHING like any other military jet available for FS. It created its own class. I look forward to the various improvements and patches they make, as well as a possible advanced version.

This is truly what FSX is about! The bar has been raised considerably... :salute:

MudMarine
April 21st, 2010, 06:08
The VRS plane is incredible. It is easily the best military jet to date. Easily.

And to those calling it yet another F-18... did you buy the A2A Cub? Did you buy the new Accusim B-17? Will you buy the Accusim P-51? If so, why? You do realize the super hornet is a completely different aircraft?

This plane is absolutely NOTHING like any other military jet available for FS. It created its own class. I look forward to the various improvements and patches they make, as well as a possible advanced version.

This is truly what FSX is about! The bar has been raised considerably... :salute:

I think the comments are more about what each person likes, not about the VRS bug in general. I have the VRS FS9 bug and it's amazing, I do plan on buy the FSX version but I'm thinking about waiting for a sale? I haven't flown the FS9 version in months, I'd rather see a prop than listen to that jet whine. I don't like jets, thats just me, to each his own.

BOOM
April 21st, 2010, 06:56
It's a very complex aircraft,I started flight simming with EA's Jane's F/A-18E some 10+ yrs ago,This aircraft with all it's systems and flight model really remind me of those days,but the graphics are 100 X better.I also find the sound package incredible!! [Thank's A2A] They did a fantastic job aswell.

In short,I Love it!! And I wish VRS Huge success with it!!

spotlope
April 21st, 2010, 07:03
I can sometimes be tempted to buy a plane just because it's such a fine model, or has unrivaled systems depth, even if it's not exactly my cuppa tea. In this case, the only reason I'm holding off is that I'm not sure I have the time to learn it right now. I'm still scratching my head over the B-17 manual. Once I can make a few Accusim Fort flights successfully, maybe I'll consider it. That's certainly no reflection on the tremendous amount of work that went into the VRS Bug, though. It looks incredible.

huub vink
April 21st, 2010, 07:16
How could I like it? It doesn't even have a propeller :eek:

Cheers,
Huub

empeck
April 21st, 2010, 10:53
Love it! It's the best jet I've ever flown on my PC. Including dedicated sims like LockOn.

Actually after I've bought SuperBug I've flown default F-18 few times, and with HUD mods it's still quite entertaining. Right now I'm in love with carrier ops, and when I start FSX I fly Dino's Goshawk and F-14, default Hornet and SuperBug depending on the mood. SuperBug is the best when it comes to systems, avionics and flight dynamics, but I like them all. I have to get Razbam Intruder to my collection :)

Bjoern
April 21st, 2010, 11:56
Despite the technical quality it simply doesn't tingle my "gotta have" receptors. I can't see me spending hours and hours and hours in it (it's no airliner either), so a purchase isn't an option at all. Those average 30 to 40€ are a huge investment, especially for me.
I always think twice before pumping money into this hobby.

ryanbatc
April 21st, 2010, 12:03
So, in summary, so we have:

5 "Not sure's"

8 "Yes's!"

5 "No's!"

VCN-1
April 21st, 2010, 12:35
My only problem is the latest version of the ACM quit working.

It certainly is comprehensive.

VCN-1

CheckSix
April 21st, 2010, 13:38
All these goodies sound impressive... Do they all work in multiplayer? :pop4:

PRB
April 21st, 2010, 15:05
I don't usually spend money on modern jets for FS, but I had a special reason to get the FS9 SuperBug, being somewhat involved with the real one. It was (is) quite amazing. I haven't decided if I want the FSX version yet. I did notice they made the digital display symbols white, which reflects a more up to date configuration than the green displays in the FS9 one, so that's cool. I also noticed the ALE-47 display is still in there, and it hasn't been in the real one for years and years! But I'm just being a picker of nits... I'm sure the FSX one is as good as the hype!

Carvalho
April 21st, 2010, 16:04
I love the Superbug!Thanks to VRS and all involved.

hey_moe
April 21st, 2010, 16:24
Can someone loan me fifty bucks and I promise I will tell ya how I like it...lol :monkies: ...Mike

Hanimichal
April 21st, 2010, 17:58
I prefer something easy to install, reinstall and burn in DVD without modification in my fsx CFG or other problems

My favorite military jet is
Payware IRIS F-14
Freeware Mirage 2000 5 Rollus

jdhaenens
April 21st, 2010, 18:30
OK, I love it....but I haven't learned everything yet, and it might take a while....but wow...what a ride!

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8945/225le.jpg

And Moe: you know that hundred ya owe me? ...just take half and buy the darned thing.

Jim

MCDesigns
April 21st, 2010, 19:26
It has an adjustment of 5 levels for betterFPS/ better Visuals....I have it on setting 3 and have gone from ~40-50 frames to 20-30. On setting 3 the visuals are really good, I may be dropping it back to see any improvements.

That makes me uneasy as it probably means you are losing parts of the model to make up for it.

Looks like a fantastic addon, but I don't have the time or inclination to learn the systems and without actual combat, I feel like it would be wasted on my system. I'm not much of a jet jocky though, did it a bit in FS9, but I would prefer nap of the earth io a blackhawk/apache over mile high sorties.

I really support them though and hope it does well for them!!

sparouty
April 21st, 2010, 23:00
Hi,
Interesting but never ending thread, isn't it?
I have the feeling that each simmer has a different way to fly with FS, and even among modern jet lovers, you will find many different expectations.
May be it depends mainly on Superbug "level of love", then, are you, or not, interested into avionics and systems procedures. And, last of course, on how much time do you have.

Personnaly, even if I'm a navy fan, my "Mustang" is much more a F14 or a Crusader than F18. After that, I'm more intereseted in flying skills than avionics : failure and security procedures, for instance, are not my priorities when I'm flying with FSX. And last, I don't have so much time to learn how to take off with a particular plane, so imagine what I'm thinking about a 300 pages manual... (lol)

For now, I'm very happy with Iris and Dino's F14s, I can't wait for the Razbam coming products (especially the 'eyes ones : Buckeye and Hawkeye:jump:) and I would love a Crusader... If they are Accusim or similar? why not, but to my own opinion, "realism" doesn't means "deep system features": in FSX, the pilot has only one mouse-hand with only two clic-fingers and a 2D-19inch wide view...

Regards
S.

peter12213
April 22nd, 2010, 00:19
I can't wait for the Razbam coming products (especially the 'eyes ones : Buckeye and Hawkeye:jump:) and I would love a Crusader... If they are Accusim or similar? why not, but to my own opinion, "realism" doesn't means "deep system features": in FSX, the pilot has only one mouse-hand with only two clic-fingers and a 2D-19inch wide view...

Regards
S.

Agreed there is a thing as tooo much realism when you not actually in a cockpit surrounded by switchs and able to actually move your head around without the use of track ir or similar, Personally I'd love a Crusader especially the Aéronavale versions to go with your Etendard!

jeansy
April 22nd, 2010, 04:14
would love to comment, but still waiting to get it

strykerpsg
April 22nd, 2010, 04:26
would love to comment, but still waiting to get it

Cmon now Jeansy, can at least give more hints.......

Matt

txnetcop
April 22nd, 2010, 05:04
Where does the prop go????? OK seriously I would like a highly detailed Crusader as well or a totally converted F-86 to FSX...Jan are you there?
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

skulleader
April 22nd, 2010, 09:25
Hello :salute:

In first I would like to thank everyone who took the time to answer my question!
Yes you all right, some people like the aircraft such have warbirds, some people like the helicopters, some people like jetliners now military aircraft...

I have the F-18 CaptainSim drank the SuperBug is really has success (for me), although the documentation is wide (over 300 pages) is has very technical and had fabulous.
I know some people gift(donation) t like the airsmooth where to spend much time reading to learn how to fly.

BEFORE FSX I USED SU-25T FLAMING CLIFF AND FOR me this is really the best military aircraft for has PC simulator (I really coils too IL-1946)!!

The only criticism I could say about the Superbug is that there is no documentation the Superbug internationally because has flat is really complicated drank with time and patience I think everything will be OK.....

I would like to thank you for your answers and wish you to spend a very good day :applause:
PS: I am really sorry for not to have answered more quickly your posts.

I'm very sorry for my poor English, best regards.

Skulleader :salute:

wiltzei
April 26th, 2010, 05:04
I started simming a year a ago, and I immediately bumped into the FS9 Superbug on the internet (it´s spelled with a noncapital-I here) and I´ve been waiting for this day pretty eagerly.

So, I installed the Bug this morning and wen´t though complete cold/dark start, followed checklists etc, tested the fantastic FBW-system - it really feels great and even the real Navy pilots seem to like it, and even did some carrier ops after 2 hours of random testing.

Everything is really well done, so the immersion factor soared though roof. So much to learn, just the way I like it usually. I haven´t especially waited for the plane´s weapon systems, but they´ll probably keep me interested in some way or another for a long time.

I do really recommend TrackIR and a proper force feedback with planes especially like this.

By the way, is the real plane´s joystick as static as F-16's for example? It doesn't seem to move much while airborne. It was some kind of bug. I´d like to still hear about the feel of the stick.