PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 314 (seaplane)

hawkeye52
April 20th, 2010, 19:54
I am trying to convert Mike Stone's "Clipper" for use as an AI a/c in my retro FS9 installation. I dumped the panel and sound and re-titled [fltsim.0] with an "AI ____". I've looked at another AI seaplane (a PBY) and saw that in the [contact_points] section the entries are referred to as "scrapes". Is that a requirement for AI?

What must I do for AI to recognize my aircraft?

- H52

Wing_Z
April 20th, 2010, 20:38
Make sure the decompiled aircraft.txt file from the flightplan has the same title as the aircraft.cfg

aircraft.cfg
[fltsim.0]
title=AI_A380 LH
etc etc

aircraft.txt
AC#xxx,200,"AI_A380 LH"
etc etc

No other changes should be necessary.

Water AFCADs are another matter...

hawkeye52
April 22nd, 2010, 15:53
Thanks for your reply, Wing Z. I have not been able to solve this matter. Your comment re. water AFCADs is relevant. I struggled with that for a while until Tom Gibson pointed me to an example down your way (YSSW). Yesterday I re-read Lee S's AFCAD tutorial and found that one of the airports in my flightplan lacked parking; fixed that and thought I was done, but no joy.

New (converted) AI airplane, new water AFCADS.....too many variables. I'm going to take the long way to systematically isolate the variables. After all, it ain't "aviation science"! [LOL]

- H52

tgibson
April 23rd, 2010, 10:48
Hi,

Yes, I would first try to schedule your plane at YSSW, and see if it flies. Then schedule the AI Sandringham (which I know works) at one of your water airports.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

hawkeye52
April 23rd, 2010, 12:03
Thanks, Tom.

Tried both of those suggestions, one yesterday and the other a few minutes ago (I just posted the result on the CalClassic forum).

- h52