PDA

View Full Version : Scenery Install Questions

OBIO
April 20th, 2010, 14:18
I just downloaded a number of AI packages from Simviation....basically enough to cover the entire US with Air National Guard patrols in F-16s, KC-135s, C-130s, C-21s.

Now my questions:

There are files that go into the Add On Scenery/Scenery folder, and some that go in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder (flight plans) and some exclude files that go into the Scenery/Name and Namw and such folders. Can I place all the BGL files into one Scenery folder outside of my sim and activate the scenery through the scenery library window thingie....or do I have to place the various files into the identified folders?

I don't like the idea of having to place files here and there and everywhere in case I don't like the performance of the packages or in case I want to use these AI packages in both of my FS9 installs (vintage and modern...broken down by planes only....no GW3 or Silver Wings...vintage 1950s and before, modern after 1950s). By having the bgls together in one scenery folder, I can share them between installs and will only have to have duplicates of the various AI aircraft.

OBIO

falcon409
April 20th, 2010, 15:39
OBIO, I think the only files that actually need to be in the scenery\world\scenery folder are the traffic files. Everything else you could make up a Mil_AI folder with a "scenery & texture" folder inside and place the remaining bgl's as you would any other scenery package.:salute:

OBIO
April 20th, 2010, 16:58
Thanks for the info Falcon. Will get it all put together in the next day or two and get my skies populated more fully. The stock AI is kind of sparse.

OBIO

robert41
April 20th, 2010, 17:45
Hi Obio
You should be able to have all addon scenery bgl files in one folder and install to FS as an addon. Keeping these at a higher priority than the default. The traffic bgl's can go into any active scenery folder. I keep my addon traffic files with the addon scenery for easy keeping.

MIKE JG
April 20th, 2010, 19:44
If those are the same files from SimV that I'm thinking of, those are quite a bit outdated.

Military AI Works has released packs for most of the ANG units in the US that are about as up to date as they can be given all the BRAC changes in the last couple years.

Robert is correct in that you can even place the traffic files in an addon scenery folder.

OBIO
April 20th, 2010, 19:55
Where can I find the Military AI Works stuff? Is there a lot of additional downloads to find to use the MAIW stuff? I hate trying to find this or that AFCAD only to find out that the only place it was uploaded to was AVSIM and that the download is not working.

OBIO

falcon409
April 20th, 2010, 21:16
OBIO, best thing to do is go here:
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/

Then click on the "Package Map" link and you can choose and download the packages you want.:salute: