PDA

View Full Version : Installing MAIW AI Aircrafts ??? Help needed !!!!

VaporZ
April 19th, 2010, 02:41
Supposed I simply want to add MAIW Canadian AF Hawks for Moose Jaw And Cold Lake
Air Bases.

The auto installer is quite nice but .......... I have a very simple question :

Where did I install the file ?

In a specific MAIW file ?
On the generic FS9 file ?
On the FS9/Aircraft file ?
On the FS9/AddOn Scenery file ?

This very basic information seems to be "granted for as known by everybody" and it is not indicated in any detailed intructions I have read including all troubleshooting Q&A.

I even go to the MAIW Forum to find this very basic information and I did not find it.

I tried to install these AI Hawks without any success !

Is there any "detailed step by step" ( illustrated ? ) installation tutorial available
somewhere for MAIW AI Aircrafts ?

Help needed !
Thanks in advance.
:wiggle:
VaporZ

Clarke123
April 19th, 2010, 03:39
OK I think I know what happened. The Canadian hawks came with scenery that needs to be activated, in case you don't know how, in game go to settings - scenery library - add area - locate the CFB cold lake folder in addon scenery click ok.
For your other question any scenery go in the addon scenery folder, usually they have MAIW in the name but not always as is the case with the cold lake scenery. Those folders need to be activated as described above. Afcads go in the addon scenery - scenery folder, again they have MAIW in the title, these do not have to be activated because the sim already knows where that folder is located. Aircraft go in the Aircraft folder, again they have MAIW in the title. The manual and voice pack mods go in the main FS9 folder in a folder called Military AI Works. Traffic files are in scenery (main FS9 scenery folder) - world - scenery Also when you install a package make sure you don't have duplicate afcads from other scenery on your system because that can interfere with the ai. In this case AF2_CYOD or AF2_CYMJ, look in your scenery folders for these files and remove them. The ones that start with MAIW, leave them where they are. Check your AI traffic settings as well, make sure you set it high with everything showing.