PDA

View Full Version : ETO-PERF_Visuals_32bit.zip

Barnstorm
April 15th, 2010, 23:24
I donwloaded and installed the above video "enhancing" add-on to my ETO install an it works great. I am running Windows 7-64bit OS and have an ATI Radeon 5850 1GB video card. Like the Read Me file said to, I max'd out all the sliders in CFS3config.exe to "5" and made the other adjustments and it looks very NICE. FPS over 50, even in dogfights, no stuttering or artifact (the p-39 has some (2) small black trianges in the canopy glass) but other than that, this is add-on is worth checking-out.

ndicki
April 16th, 2010, 06:45
I think I need a new computer... http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/traurig/a010.gif

KellyB
April 16th, 2010, 08:26
Where did you find this addon???

Nevermind; I found it, thanks.

greycap.raf
April 16th, 2010, 09:46
Being the eternal pessimist I am, that "enhancement" makes sure you'll lose your 2048x2048 skin enablement if you have one done. It also manages to drop frame rates by almost 50% while keeping the looks the same simply because it tells you to use the _SYSTEMMEM option instead of the _RENDERTARGET in the "Pool" selections. It also increases the scenery quality marginally in the compositescenerybudgets.xml and compositescenerytextures.xml which is the main difference it seems to make together with higher scenery LODs. I didn't find a single difference in the actual textures, or any other file for that matter.

Another thing, the need for at least 4 GB of RAM is a total joke. I've never managed to make CFS3 use more than 1.5 GB - not even with those mods applied - and this rig has that 4 GB.