PDA

View Full Version : FLAK Attack!

dogknot
April 15th, 2010, 18:18
If you've drifted over to the FSX forums you may have seen the thread by GypsyBaron. He did a spectacular scenery of flak over Germany...complete with the bomb-burst sounds.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't work in FS9.

With GypsyBaron's gracious approval, I converted the scenery bgl's and the effect files to be operational in FS9. It is spectacular! Flak bursts everywhere with the constant boom and bang of their explosions. It's really cool. There is even a thermal effect over the Bremen area to simulate the aircraft "bob and bounce" from all those bombs going off.

Check out the FSX thread and give GypsyBaron a high-five.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=34090

I have uploaded the FS9 version to the SOH Add-Ons Library. It should be available shortly.
Get out your favorite B-17 or period aircraft and make a run over WWII Germany. :salute:

Duckie
April 15th, 2010, 18:34
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Duckie

westjet
April 15th, 2010, 23:05
Thank you very much.Cant wait to try this out. :jump:

dogknot
April 16th, 2010, 05:28
I believe it is available now. Have fun!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=8&linkid=343

Matt Wynn
April 16th, 2010, 05:38
many many thanks buddy! your beers are on my Tab tonight in the Outhouse mess! give H a break :wiggle:

Quax d. Bruchpilot
April 16th, 2010, 09:15
In combination with the "Searchlight and City fires" Addon (at the evening screenie) THX dogknot and GypsyBaron ! :ernae:

Quax d. Bruchpilot
April 16th, 2010, 09:33
48534854oooops , this little scenery is very dangerous !!! LOL

Astoroth
April 16th, 2010, 10:17
In combination with the "Searchlight and City fires" Addon (at the evening screenie) THX dogknot and GypsyBaron ! :ernae:

I just tried to download the Searchlights and City fires addon, but get a file not found error. Could someone please reupload it, or send it to me?

Thanks!

~A~

Quax d. Bruchpilot
April 16th, 2010, 10:22
check your PM's Astoroth ;-)

Shessi
April 16th, 2010, 11:38
Hi Dk,
Thanks to Gypsybaron for creating it, and even bigger thanks to Dogknot for porting it over to Fs9. :applause:

It's quite spectacular, and worrying! Try to imagine what a 20yr old facing that would feel like, I've got to admit it made me think.

Cheers Shessi

Astoroth
April 16th, 2010, 12:53
check your PM's Astoroth ;-)
Thanks, much appreciated!

dogknot
April 16th, 2010, 14:46
Here are flightplans to make the Kiel Canal bomb run. One for FS9 and one for FSNav users.

Nothing real world about the circuit, but it will give you a good 20-30 minutes of pure hell.
Wear a flak jacket and grab two steel pots....one for your head and one to sit on. :icon_lol:

You will start at Sonderborg (EKSB) in Denmark. Climb immediately to 14000' and follow the line in the gps or the map or fsnav map. If you make it through the canal, beat feet back to EKSB for a cold one.

robert41
April 16th, 2010, 18:31
Thanks dogknot.

fleurdelys
April 17th, 2010, 03:47
Thanks Dogknot ! :salute:

This is really cool and sets all these WWII planes in a more convincing environment... :applause:

Is there a project somewhere to pepper all those straffing jabos who lurk low and slow instead of high and dry (sorry, trying to make a rhyme here) ... :kilroy:

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Matt Wynn
April 17th, 2010, 05:02
I just tried to download the Searchlights and City fires addon, but get a file not found error. Could someone please reupload it, or send it to me?

Thanks!

~A~

i also had that problem... can someone help me as well please.... "ze RAF Keep Getting Through" :salute:

fleurdelys
April 17th, 2010, 06:55
This Hampden is trying to make it back to England on a limb after a flak run...

Enjoy,

Fleurdelys

Quax d. Bruchpilot
April 17th, 2010, 09:03
I can't stop..... :wiggle:

looks great in the night. Only a small problem with the flak sound. I can't hear it.

dogknot
April 17th, 2010, 09:29
i also had that problem... can someone help me as well please.... "ze RAF Keep Getting Through" :salute:

The Himmelbett Zone - Kammhuber Line for Fs2004
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13387

Searchlights and City fires
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=9705

dogknot
April 17th, 2010, 09:42
I can't stop..... :wiggle:
looks great in the night. Only a small problem with the flak sound. I can't hear it.

Yikes! That's one of the best parts!

Have you got the 4 effect files installed to the ...\Flight Simulator 9\Effects folder

and the 2 wave files installed to the ...\Flight Simulator 9\Sound folder

Quax d. Bruchpilot
April 17th, 2010, 09:55
jep. I have made it so. Maybe a matter of my soundsettings? Can't hear any flak in or outside the aircraft.

dogknot
April 17th, 2010, 12:05
jep. I have made it so. Maybe a matter of my soundsettings? Can't hear any flak in or outside the aircraft.

That would be my guess. Check the sound sliders ingame....Settings/Sound...
after that, I guess take a look at your sound card settings.

dogknot
May 12th, 2010, 14:57

I finally figured out the lack of "explosion sounds" that you, and perhaps others, are missing out on.

The calls for the sounds are within the structure of the effects installed. Surprisingly, they are not calling the wav files provided, but what once was default sounds. FS9 no longer provides the necessary wavs.

Three wav files are called up at random by FS. They are:
amb_aexp1a.wav
amb_aexp1b.wav
amb_aexp1c.wav

I just happen to have had these on board in the sound folder, so am enjoying the rock, rattle, and roll of the blasts of exploding flak.
These wav files can be found in the main sound folder of Combat Flight Simulator 2 and I believe in either fs2000/fs2002.

If you, or anyone else, can't find a copy of these three .wav files to put into your main FS9 Sound folder.....let me know.

dogknot
May 19th, 2010, 08:05
The necessary sound files for the flak explosions are now included in the scenery package.

phantomx1
May 20th, 2010, 07:54
Thanks to you Dog knot and Mr. Strogen for the Flak files they are pretty dog gone good!:ernae::ernae:

Good thing there aren't any damage files with them. I'd have been hit a few times.:icon_lol:

stuartcox
May 20th, 2010, 14:31
FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for these brilliant effects! What an enrichment for FS2004!8381

Flyboy208
May 20th, 2010, 17:02
Definitely cool, and adds to the realism in these types of ops within FS9!

Mike :salute:

dhasdell
August 19th, 2010, 09:45
I've got the flak - now for the searchlights!

PhantomP
August 19th, 2010, 11:31
Hi,Dogknot I have come across the same sound problems with Yancos WWII Midway battle scenery,it seems that after a while of hearing explosions from the flak,aircraft and carrier guns the sound disappears.Wonder if this is the same problem,and perhaps can be fixed the same way.Thanks

PhantomP
August 19th, 2010, 11:39
Hey Guy's sorry to bug again,but what are the best,and most realistic bombers to use with this addon?Also which aircraft models were actualy used in those runs.Thanks:salute:

Shessi
August 19th, 2010, 12:28
Hi PP,
IMHO if you want an excellent payware pack and great value for money then get the A2A Simulations ex-Wings of Power WWII Heavy Bombers and Jets. Unfortunately I've just checked and it's now 'Out of Print' which is a real shame...It had a B17F and G, B24D and J, Lanc BIII, B29, PB4Y-2, Arado 234, He162 and a Ta183.

If you can get it then you would have the daytime ac to use, B17s and B24s and at night time the Lanc BIII.

Still there are plenty of freebies to fill in for you. No doubt people will suggest one or two. If you look through the archives here at SOH or go over to Simviation and through their FS2004 section there's more than enough.

Cheers

Shessi

Desert Rat
August 19th, 2010, 13:18
Agree with Shessi, great pack. Also like the FCS Wellington, ALPHA Hampden & the Plane Design Lancastrian is real nice, so I'm sure their Lanc is as good (don't have it).

For Freeware:

Daytime
Former Donationware B17 & B25 by FDG2 here at OH
Alpha or Krystof Malinowski B24
daviator/David Eckert Marauder
HerbieG Forts

Night-time
Dave Garwoods Fs8 Lancs with FS9 update & Sopwith Chameleons paints
Ed Cooks Hampden, Wellington, Whitley & Manchester
Alpha Halifax, Wellington & Whitley

All have their good points,
Jamie

PhantomP
August 19th, 2010, 23:47
Wow Jamie! that's a great list thank you,and thanks also to sheesi:salute:

PhantomP
August 20th, 2010, 10:18
Hi,again do any of the freeware bombers have a bomb dropping animation?,and or bomb doors that open.Thanks:jump:

PhantomP
August 20th, 2010, 11:32
Hi,found them all except the Dave Garwoods Fs8 Lancs with FS9 update & Sopwith Chameleons paints,and couldn't find HerbieG Forts was he part of the making of the Marauder by Dave Eckart? If you could please link me to these I would be very greatful.Thanks again.

PhantomP
August 20th, 2010, 11:59
Now if we could get this panel to work in fs9,it would be even cooler, FSX Panel--Martin B26 Marauder
link .Thanks:applause:http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=144084

dhasdell
August 20th, 2010, 14:16
I got Dave Garwood's Lancaster lancbiii.zip on Monday from flightsim.com and the update fs9lanc3ud11.zip from avsim.com. There is also a repaint lanc_mki.zip at flightsim.com.

Desert Rat
August 20th, 2010, 14:47
Sopwiths paints are here in the OH. I did a couple myself too.

Herbie G is here...

http://www.herbertbrothersracing.com/

Grab the little Stinsons while your there.

The DW lancs are a self assembly kit, the FS8 plane, FS9 update & updates are all separate downloads, search Flightsim/Avsim for Dave Garwood and here for more paints.

Jamie.

PS. most of the bomb-doors open on spoiler command.

PhantomP
August 20th, 2010, 17:54
Thanks a ton dhasdell,and jamie got em downloaded,and your right JD those are nice little stinsons I grabbed them also.JD have a look at that FSX panel for the marauder, I gave a link to, and see if it would work with fs9,it has some nice features.:jump::icon_lol:

PhantomP
August 20th, 2010, 18:28
Sorry to bug again, but ,Jamie I still can"t find the Sopwith Chameleons paints ,I looked in the repaints section of SOH, but no luck.

Desert Rat
August 21st, 2010, 07:19
Phantom,

sorry, probably because they were done for the CFS2 conversion, must be listed in the CFS2 section,

here they are anyway...
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=SopwithChameleon&ammm=15&pap=4
there's one on that page and several more on the following. There's also some nice paints for many other bombers in his collection, worth a good look IMHO. Most will work on the FS9 equivalent models.

Don't have the Marauder installed at the moment, will have to dig her out and give it a try, it depends on what type of gauges are used.

Jamie

PhantomP
August 21st, 2010, 10:30
Thanks Jamie, your a great help as always those paints are awsome,probably start the bombing run sometime tonight,when things settle down.Yeah that would be great to get that panel working it would improve the realism even more so.BOOB BOOM out go the lights.Pete:salute:

dmaloof
August 21st, 2010, 10:38
looks cool. can you get hit by this flak and is there damage effects?

PhantomP
August 21st, 2010, 12:51
Hi Jamie SOH file library is claiming not to find the files 404 error for the paints.DOH,and dmaloof,I don't know if the flak in this mod inflicts dammage I haven"t had time to set it up ,and look yet.I will let you know soon.

Desert Rat
August 21st, 2010, 13:21
Phantom,

which ones? all? I'll mail James and ask if he can re-upload those that don't work. I've had the same problem with some of my paints since the hack (Dornier 26, can't find the original files either, D'oh). I know there was a mass effort to re-upload the CFS2 files, they may have been fixed already. If so they would be under CFS2 repaints or something (as opposed to the archives)

will investigate,
Jamie

PS. meanwhile try mine, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=JDTinballs&ammm=15&pap=3

Desert Rat
August 21st, 2010, 13:44
Sopwith has his own website, mightbe on there?

http://sopwithc.wetpaint.com/

PhantomP
August 21st, 2010, 18:07
I think I'm going to have to give up until the sopwith camel paints are back on
SOH I am getting an error on his website,and it won't open. thanks Jamie

Desert Rat
August 22nd, 2010, 10:15
P,

they're already re-uploaded, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=58&sort=N&nameid=PQRS&pp=15&page=2.

The lanc are on the next page, thought you might find some of the others interesting. If you don't have the Alphasim Blenheim, you could try Thicko's as seen in some of Sopwiths paints.

PhantomP
August 22nd, 2010, 18:21
Thanks Jamie ,I got the sopwith paints, and now, they look great,and this mod rocks, If anybody else has some cool mods ,or addons to go with this, such as extra effects flightplans ,WWII Europe era scenery, AI planes,or planes, ECT,ECT please link.:applause::applause::applause::applause::appl ause::salute: AWSOME!. thanks Gypsy Barren,and Dogknot.

Sopwith Chameleon
August 23rd, 2010, 00:12
I think I'm going to have to give up until the sopwith camel paints are back on
SOH I am getting an error on his website,and it won't open. thanks Jamie

works for me http://sopwithc.wetpaint.com/

.........you'll find some more for Dave's Lancaster here :
http://sopwithc.wetpaint.com/page/Downloads+Page+3

Jim
:salute:

PhantomP
August 23rd, 2010, 07:43
Hi,Sopwith camelon I don"t know why but everytime. I go to your webpage it crashes out,I am still on WinXP proSP2.I don"t have a problem with all other websites.Is your website in flash,or java?maybe I am not updated on those two.But I would like to figure this out.Thanks

Desert Rat
August 23rd, 2010, 07:50
For period airbases, search in our files and/or archives for these guys:

our very own Cees Donker
Ian Elliot
Gary20
Try the old hanger downloads.
maybe some others I forget

Jamie

PhantomP
August 23rd, 2010, 10:37
OK.Sopwith cameleon I have your webage working now.I had to open all the dowload pages in a seperate window don"t know what could cause this, BTW,your paints are goegeous.and Hello Jamie thanks for the links for the airfields,any bomb dropping addons for the planes or german AI.I might have a look at the effect SDK,and see if I can have a hand in making one.:salute:

Sopwith Chameleon
August 23rd, 2010, 14:21
OK.Sopwith cameleon I have your webage working now.I had to open all the dowload pages in a seperate window don"t know what could cause this, BTW,your paints are goegeous.and Hello Jamie thanks for the links for the airfields,any bomb dropping addons for the planes or german AI.I might have a look at the effect SDK,and see if I can have a hand in making one.:salute:

:jump: ............Glad you got it fixed - thanks for your interest

Jim
:wiggle: