View Full Version : FlightSim Developers Bonanza 35B released

Tim_FSD
April 15th, 2010, 14:37
We just released it. More info here:

http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/V35B/

Enjoy!

Reddog
April 15th, 2010, 16:12
Must SP2 be installed to run this or will it work with just SP1.

scoutII
April 15th, 2010, 16:51
Love the V - tail - Not gonna rate +/- on it - Just happy to be able to fly it in the sim - Chris

Don't know how I got the sun and moon in same pic??

glennc
April 15th, 2010, 18:05
Tim,

Man, I don't like doing this. The FSD forum says I can't post threads.

I bought and installed it.

First thing: the ATC IDS in the Aircraft Details screen don't match what's painted on the airplanes. I haven't checked, but I expect the aircraft.cfg file to need some tweeking.

Heres's the biggie: The VC view point is all wrong. When I load the airplane and switch from 2D to the VC, I am looking at the pivot point on the yoke - about the level of the door handle if I look right. I have a button on my throttle set to move the seat up, I have to hit it about 30 times to get the view point where I can see over the panel. Then, I'm looking forward from the airplane center point as if I'm sitting across the middle of the two seats. So, the compass has to be about mid-screen to get a good enough view to fly. I used the load manager before flying. It detected my video settings correctly so I left it in wide screen mode.

The GNS480 won't switch form the opening screen to Map. I think the same thing happened with the Red Bull P-38. About three flights later, it just started working. I expect the same thing here.

Flight Model and Graphics both look and feel OK.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news. It needs to make a quick trip back to the hanger.

Glenn

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
April 15th, 2010, 18:37
There are a number of camera views available on the A key , do you return to the normal VC view if you continue to cycle through the views? , nice catch on the id's , some final changes left them in need of an update .

Thanks C.J

glennc
April 15th, 2010, 18:46
Chuck, Yes - to wherever I left it. Once I get the seat to where I like it, it's OK but on center. I haven't tried moving it left. I have another button set to reset the eyepoint - it does exactly what it says - puts it back to the default location, which is consistent with all the other aircraft I have. I need to keep my thumb away from that. While I'm thinking about it, at least some of the other camera views are also out of place. I'll have to fly again to better quantify that.

Glenn

There are a number of camera views available on the A key , do you return to the normal VC view if you continue to cycle through the views? , nice catch on the id's , some final changes left them in need of an update .

Thanks C.J

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
April 15th, 2010, 19:22
Must SP2 be installed to run this or will it work with just SP1.

The Model was done to be SP2 compliant with cockpit shadows enabled , there were no members of the beta team with SP1 so unfortunately i cant give you a qualified answer on your question.

Tim_FSD
April 15th, 2010, 19:53
Tim,

Man, I don't like doing this. The FSD forum says I can't post threads.

I bought and installed it.

First thing: the ATC IDS in the Aircraft Details screen don't match what's painted on the airplanes. I haven't checked, but I expect the aircraft.cfg file to need some tweeking.

Heres's the biggie: The VC view point is all wrong. When I load the airplane and switch from 2D to the VC, I am looking at the pivot point on the yoke - about the level of the door handle if I look right. I have a button on my throttle set to move the seat up, I have to hit it about 30 times to get the view point where I can see over the panel. Then, I'm looking forward from the airplane center point as if I'm sitting across the middle of the two seats. So, the compass has to be about mid-screen to get a good enough view to fly. I used the load manager before flying. It detected my video settings correctly so I left it in wide screen mode.

The GNS480 won't switch form the opening screen to Map. I think the same thing happened with the Red Bull P-38. About three flights later, it just started working. I expect the same thing here.

Flight Model and Graphics both look and feel OK.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news. It needs to make a quick trip back to the hanger.

Glenn

Glenn,

Did you register on our forum? If you have registered, and replied to the forum's automated confirmation email, you can post there.

The problem you are seeing with the eyepoint and the ATC IDs was caused by some incorrect files that crept into the release build. This has been corrected and a new installer was uploaded. You can download a small 7 MB patch file here which will take care of it here:

http://69.13.144.131/product/files/FSDevV35BSR.exe

Sorry about the mixup. Anyone who downloads a new full installer now does not need this patch. This is for the first few who downloaded it and see this problem only.

What you relate regarding the GNS 480 is not something I can duplicate. After the unit boots you should be able to get to the map view by pressing MAP or CLR. Are you in the 2D panel or the VC when this happens?

glennc
April 15th, 2010, 20:57
Tim,

That's got it. I see the ATC IDs have been fixed and the VC viewpoints are now perfect. More flying will have to wait until tomorrow.

I see how you are - perfect and very fast customer service. :salute:

Only remaining thing is the GPS, but I expect it will be like the P-38 and just start working in the next few flights.

Nice airplane. I'll enjoy this.

On the forums - I did have an active membership there but it's been several years since I've wanted to use it. I'll re(?)register tomorrow.

Glenn

Glenn,

Did you register on our forum? If you have registered, and replied to the forum's automated confirmation email, you can post there.

The problem you are seeing with the eyepoint and the ATC IDs was caused by some incorrect files that crept into the release build. This has been corrected and a new installer was uploaded. You can download a small 7 MB patch file here which will take care of it here:

http://69.13.144.131/product/files/FSDevV35BSR.exe

Sorry about the mixup. Anyone who downloads a new full installer now does not need this patch. This is for the first few who downloaded it and see this problem only.

What you relate regarding the GNS 480 is not something I can duplicate. After the unit boots you should be able to get to the map view by pressing MAP or CLR. Are you in the 2D panel or the VC when this happens?

thunder100
April 16th, 2010, 11:08
Hi

Just installed and and flew it a bit-->nice

I like*

Dynamics,exterior,VC and that it still has a real 2D panel as well as the fact this is my first FSD product since 3 years which install instantly without issues

Not fully like

Repaints
Bumpmap-->seems to shallow to me I think to remeber that the rivets are more visible

All the best TIM&FSD

Roland

*I own the DF the Carenado(all now in FSX portover and the recent freeware

modelr
April 16th, 2010, 19:19
Looks like another one I'll be getting soon. My three most favorite GA aircraft are all Beeches, in the order produced - Staggerwing, Twin Beech, and the V-Tail Bonanza.

I missed where the sounds are from. Does it use default sounds, or custom recorded? The one thing I remember when going to the airport with my dad was always being able to tell when a Boanaza was taking off, because of the prop noise. It was the only GA aircraft I remember with supersonic tip roar. Unfortunately, the FAA and local noise ordinances made that noise just a memory today.

ColoKent
April 16th, 2010, 19:46
...so what's next????

K.

Steve FSD
April 16th, 2010, 19:48
Looks like another one I'll be getting soon. My three most favorite GA aircraft are all Beeches, in the order produced - Staggerwing, Twin Beech, and the V-Tail Bonanza.

Does it use default sounds, or custom recorded? The one thing I remember when going to the airport with my dad was always being able to tell when a Boanaza was taking off, because of the prop noise. It was the only GA aircraft I remember with supersonic tip roar. Unfortunately, the FAA and local noise ordinances made that noise just a memory today.

Greetings,

IO-520 Continental engines making 285 hp for take-off turning long blade three-paddle props spinning at 2850 rpm for take-off (i.e. as fitted to the A36, Baron 58, C310, C210, C206 and others) do make a lot of transonic prop tip noise at full take-off RPM. The airframe that renders this noise the loudest seems to be the Cessna but Beeches have good howl, especially the Barons with short stack exhausts.

In this case, the earlier V35B uses a much smaller engine displacement (470 Cu In) compared to the later straight and V tail Bonanzas, in the V35B making only 205HP and a much lower redline of 2600. So the noise you remember isn't heard here as the V35B's prop tips stay out of the transonic zone and making not as much noise. The original sound source were recorded from the relatively commonplace 470 Cu In engine. The IO-520 and the prop howl are rendered pretty nicely in the old Carenado C210 from FS9, which I hope is one product they do manage to upgrade to FSX.

Hope this helps.

Best,

modelr
April 16th, 2010, 20:55
Greetings,

IO-520 Continental engines making 285 hp for take-off turning long blade three-paddle props spinning at 2850 rpm for take-off (i.e. as fitted to the A36, Baron 58, C310, C210, C206 and others) do make a lot of transonic prop tip noise at full take-off RPM. The airframe that renders this noise the loudest seems to be the Cessna but Beeches have good howl, especially the Barons with short stack exhausts.

In this case, the earlier V35B uses a much smaller engine displacement (470 Cu In) compared to the later straight and V tail Bonanzas, in the V35B making only 205HP and a much lower redline of 2600. So the noise you remember isn't heard here as the V35B's prop tips stay out of the transonic zone and making not as much noise. The original sound source were recorded from the relatively commonplace 470 Cu In engine. The IO-520 and the prop howl are rendered pretty nicely in the old Carenado C210 from FS9, which I hope is one product they do manage to upgrade to FSX.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Thanks for that answer, Steve. The time period I remember would have been around 1950-55. I didn't rmember seeing/hearing any other aircraft make that noise during that time period. In fact, I hadn't seen or heard a T-6 or any other aircraft as loud/noisey, at that time. I remember when I saw my first T-6 was in the 60's, and thinking that the noise, while louder, was the same. Remember, I was a youngin' then, so memories can be a little mixed.

thunder100
April 16th, 2010, 23:09
Tiny Glitch

In 2D panel the GPS /NAV switch always stays up even in the lower GPS position

Roland

Daveroo
April 17th, 2010, 06:00
dumb question........SP2? how about if you have acceleration??? samie samie?

glennc
April 17th, 2010, 06:18
We'll wait for the formal answer, but I can say I have it running in Accelaration and it's beautiful.

Glenn

bmd
April 17th, 2010, 06:56
Hello,

I have bought the wonderful Beechcraft Bonanza 35B. The installarion process work fine without any problem. I have now the pleasant task to read the huge documentation (smile) This documentation is one of the reasons dor which I have bought the Bonanza. Another reason is related to the FDE, which I am sure, will be a perfect tool to learn about the aerodynamic behavior of a Bonanza.

Thank FSD team for this wonderful Bonanza model.

Have a good day

Benoit

Tim_FSD
April 17th, 2010, 08:56

Yes. Made for both SP 2 and/or Acceleration.

Tim_FSD
April 17th, 2010, 08:59
Tiny Glitch

In 2D panel the GPS /NAV switch always stays up even in the lower GPS position

Roland

It is moving, but for some reason it is not moving the complete disptance. I will figure this out right away.

bmd
April 20th, 2010, 06:24
Hello Tim,

One of the interesting features that come with the wonderful Bonanza, is the almost real life maintenance, repair and overhaul management that come with the V35BLoadManager. If we are not careful in handling the Bonanza, we will probably have failures and the virtual MRO costs will be high, like for the real life airplane.

Thank you very much for these ffeatures.

Have a good day

Benoit

Snave
May 13th, 2010, 14:01
Just re-awaken this thread with the good news that FSD are holding a May sale - the V35B is currently just $18! As are ALL native FSX models - and the FS9/Portovers are just $15... FS2004 only just 12 bucks.

At that money even I picked up the V-tail!