PDA

View Full Version : Not ANOTHER Auster!!!!!!!

RyDraiggoch
April 14th, 2010, 12:12
Last of the Breed - the Terrier 2 - coming soon from Messrs Molyneaux, Horsey and Pengelly

Oh yes FYI - The FDE is the sticky point - apparently the real Terrier is a PIG to fly - so Brians FDE will reflect
that fact - its overweight and underpowered - which is why Beagle poured a O-320 Lycoming into the engine room.

http://photos.classicbritishfiles.com/hosted/images/xrmdkjmkjzwn4zznnqmy.jpg

Coming soon to the Pond

Leif

dogknot
April 14th, 2010, 18:06
Thanks for the H/U, Leif! I'm sure it will be an interesting challenge.

RyDraiggoch
April 14th, 2010, 19:56
Brent you know where to look ;)

Shouldn't be more than a couple of days --- did you get the other beta over there?

Leif

dogknot
April 14th, 2010, 21:35
Brent you know where to look ;)

Shouldn't be more than a couple of days --- did you get the other beta over there?

Leif

I've been a slacker lately. :sleep:

T6flyer
April 15th, 2010, 02:04
Last of the Breed - the Terrier 2 - coming soon from Messrs Molyneaux, Horsey and Pengelly

Oh yes FYI - The FDE is the sticky point - apparently the real Terrier is a PIG to fly - so Brians FDE will reflect
that fact - its overweight and underpowered - which is why Beagle poured a O-320 Lycoming into the engine room.

Coming soon to the Pond

Leif

The Terrier 2 was the last of the true Austers, being a civilian conversion of the military AOP6. Differing from the earlier model 1, the Terrier 2 could be recognised by its sprung tailwheel and enlarged tail surfaces. 45 were eventually built with the last two being converted by the Alvis lorry company.

Powerplant in the Terrier 2 is a 145hp de Havilland Gipsy Major 10 Mk 1-1. Being a lot heavier than its military predecessor, the Terrier is somewhat at times lacking in performance, but is a classic aeroplane and one much loved by its owners.

The Lycoming engine only powered the sole Terrier 3.

The airframe modelled here is G-ASMZ, which as a AOP6 was one of the few RAF aircraft to see combat in the Korean War, operating there from 1951-1957 on the frontline with No.1913 Flight, spotting for Artillery and ground attack aircraft. Shipped back to the UK via Japan, it was then converted into a T.Mk.10 trainer of which only 10 were produced and then served at Middle Wallop.

Bought from the RAF by its original manufacturer it was then converted into a Terrier 2 and after a series of civilian owners is now based at Eggesford with Bryn Andrews. She wears the colour scheme worn when used as a trainer.

Martin

burcham8
April 15th, 2010, 05:10
Can't have too many Brits so far as I am concerned! I listened to the Chicago Symphony play the Vaughan Williams Symphony No. 5 last night, so I am in full anglophile mood! :jump:

Marc