PDA

View Full Version : Jets are for kids

Willy
April 12th, 2010, 13:05
And I'm apparently in my second childhood ;)

Getting ready for our upcoming 50s Jet race, I've been playing around with a bunch of them. One that I quickly took a shine to was Piglet's T-33A. The problem was that while there's a bunch of repaints for it out there, I'm partial to Navy aircraft (they called it the TV-2 back in the day) and the only Navy TV-2 paint I could find was the one flown by the Public Affairs Officer of the Blue Angels and was in their blue/gold scheme. And one US Marines one to boot.

As we're setting the time frame for the race in late 1959, I figured I needed a late 50s TV-2 paint scheme, so I did something I haven't done in a good while. I painted my own.

Here's a few screenshots. And in case anyone's interested, I'll probably upload it here in a few days.

OBIO
April 12th, 2010, 13:11
Looks nice Willy.

Tim

bpfowler
April 12th, 2010, 13:27
looks great Willy. Here I am training in a vulcan and youre gonna go round the pacific in a t-33!
cheerio,
brady

Willy
April 12th, 2010, 15:39
I know I won't be the fastest jet out there, but I'm in it for the fun and adventure. :d

hawkeye52
April 12th, 2010, 15:51
Nice paint, Willy. Please upload it; I'm anxious to try it.

- H52

(Damn! I wish I could paint!)

Reddog
April 12th, 2010, 16:43
Nice paint, be better with Marines on the side of it:jump: Only kidding! Wish some would do the T2V with the tail hook.

smilo
April 12th, 2010, 17:32
Nice paint, Willy. Please upload it; I'm anxious to try it.

- H52

(Damn! I wish I could paint!)

I heartily agree,
on all 4 counts.

_______________:kilroy:_______________
EDIT;
well, fudge!!!
the SOH links for Piglet's T-33 are dead.
404 Error message.
was able to find it at flightsim, though.

sctybdy
April 13th, 2010, 17:55
GIMME GIMME GIMME, I Mean I cant wait to add this one to Piglets T33.
Also, There's a Model of Piglets T33 out there as a TV-2 converted to a Drone and painted Red with appropriate markings. I took the texture folder and it works great with the standard T-33 Model as well. You'll need to use the stock cockpit textures with it, but I enjoy flying'em both.
And one last Question, Whats all the talk about a race? I've been gone a few days. I'll look for the Drone TV-2 and paste a link in here when I find it.

smilo
April 13th, 2010, 18:46
GIMME GIMME GIMME, I Mean I cant wait to add this one to Piglets T33.
Also, There's a Model of Piglets T33 out there as a TV-2 converted to a Drone and painted Red with appropriate markings. I took the texture folder and it works great with the standard T-33 Model as well. You'll need to use the stock cockpit textures with it, but I enjoy flying'em both.
And one last Question, Whats all the talk about a race? I've been gone a few days. I'll look for the Drone TV-2 and paste a link in here when I find it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=34599

Willy
April 13th, 2010, 22:40
I uploaded it to here a little while ago. Give Douglas some time to do his thing and it'll be available to download.

Willy
April 13th, 2010, 22:42
Nice paint, be better with Marines on the side of it:jump: Only kidding! Wish some would do the T2V with the tail hook.

Reddog, there is a US Marine HQ Washington paint for it.