PDA

View Full Version : uncharted airfields in ORBX/FTX PNW?

tigisfat
April 11th, 2010, 02:03
I won't say where because I don't want to ruin the fun for anyone else, but I was wondering if uncharted airfields are built in to reward explorers. More specifically, I was wondering if they are supposed to be there and just not synced with the default GPS, or if they're 'easter eggs' of sorts.

thanks!!

to customers: Have you guys found anything unusual that you can share with everyone else?

JayKae
April 11th, 2010, 04:46
Just wait until at OZx we have finished the first package for PNW, that will be a while still of course but... you should get a kick out of that :) :)

Holger Sandmann
April 11th, 2010, 12:22
Howdy,

there are 30+ unlisted airfields in the British Columbia portion of PNW and 3-4 in Washington State. I assume there are a bunch more unlisted airfields in the US portion of PNW that we didn't include but we focused on BC because "up there" the density of listed airfields is a lot lower than in the US.

In addition there are a couple of helipdas at fire lookout towers that aren't listed (though the patch for PNW includes start positions for them).

Both the demo and the retail product include a Google Earth KMZ file that also shows all the unlisted airfields, helipads, and special landmarks.

Cheers, Holger

tigisfat
April 11th, 2010, 12:53
Just wait until at OZx we have finished the first package for PNW, that will be a while still of course but... you should get a kick out of that :) :)

what kinda package are we talking about? and add-on with more airfields?

MCDesigns
April 11th, 2010, 14:10
what kinda package are we talking about? and add-on with more airfields?

We are taking the spruced up airfields that come with PNW and getting them closer to Starks and Darrington standards, high def sat imagery, custom buildings/objects, etc. It'll really add to the experience and also help those that can't afford to purchase all the top notch airports coming from FTX, similar to what OZx did with Australia. Some of the guys have done some amazing things already, check out the preview thread at the FTX forums.

If any of you have a camera and access to any of the airports in Wash, B.C. or Oregon, sign up at the OZx forums and let us know, any help is appreciated.

koorby
April 11th, 2010, 16:24
Here's the link to the OZx freeware airfields for PNW (and some for AU). No account or login is needed to view these: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=119.0

Orbx is also released freeware airfields as well, but those are side projects by the team and won't come out at the frenetic pace that the OZx fields are produced :)

We're also releasing a freeware Portland City addon.