Lionheart
November 9th, 2008, 14:00
Hey Tim,

Check this....

60CgYmNb2a8

Bill

Lionheart
November 9th, 2008, 14:02
Meanwhile, on the other side of the ocean, years before.......

GjXr5w3M4mc

Bill

N2056
November 9th, 2008, 14:09
I saw that plane do a demonstration at the local "Wings Over Gillespie" show a few years ago. It really looked good, and has amazing maneuverability :d

I think it belongs to the Planes of Fame group in Chino, CA

Cazzie
November 9th, 2008, 14:12
Great! Now I have to go get Piglet's wing again. Got it here on CD, but it'll be easier to download it again. Good videos Bill, watching the NASCAR race out your way. :ernae:

Caz

Roger
November 9th, 2008, 14:39
And a little later in the UK...
Armstrong Whitworth AW52
"An experiment to study the feasability of a Flying Wing bomber with Laminar flow wings and blown control surfaces. The first flight was on the 13/11/1947. Commissioned as a Mailplane the AW52 could not overcome the problems of longditudinal stability and control. This first prototype crashed on the 30/5/1949 when encountering assymetric Aileron flutter which resulted in the first use of an ejection seat in service conditions."

Ted Cook's model

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/AW52.jpg

Railrunner130
November 9th, 2008, 15:29
Tim's N9M is still one of my favorites, even though I don't fly it much.

Piglet
November 9th, 2008, 16:31
Dang LH, what version of FS was that!? Looks SOOOOOO real!:costumes:

Silver Fox
November 9th, 2008, 19:43
Put a couple of turboprops into that N9M and update the construction materials and you'd have a hot little COIN platform that was stealthy. :)

Lionheart
November 9th, 2008, 23:13
Dang LH, what version of FS was that!? Looks SOOOOOO real!:costumes:

LOLOL... Thats the new NASA 'Holodeck Edition' featured in the lounge onboard the generation 2 Shuttles.

Put a couple of turboprops into that N9M and update the construction materials and you'd have a hot little COIN platform that was stealthy.

Silver Fox

Roger that!

I will always be in love with flying wings.....