PDA

View Full Version : ?' about add-ons and when to add them

Barnstorm
April 9th, 2010, 16:34
Greetings Folks,
It has been quite a while since I have had the time or resources to engage in Flight -Sims, so I I have not been here for some time (death in family and resulting legal BS). I have installed CFS3 and the "vanilla" copy install using the Multi-install tool.

Now, do install the NEK voice pack and weapons packs into the first CFS3 install, or do I install ETO, MAW, and Korean Skies first, then the packages. Like I said, it has been at least 2 years or more since I have done this. At one time I had all the ETO's up and running fine on my system. I just need a little "refresher" as to the proper order of operations. I appreciate the assistance and comments.

Since no one has responded to my post yet, I thought I would add a few more ?'s:

Will adding FirePOWER to the original CFS3 install have a negative impact on the add-on TO's? Should I make a sepparate "FPCFS3" install?

I have looked through all of the add-ons and can not find the NEK Voice Pack download. Is still being used, if so where can I find if?

Again, thanks for the help.

My system (just built):
Intel Core i7 860 Quad 2.8 GHz
ASUS P7P55D Motherboard
ATI Radeon HD5850 1GB Video Card
8 GB System RAM PC3-10666 (1333MHz)
Corsair 750W ATX PS
Seagate 1TB HD x3 RAID 5
Windows 7-64 bit

lthump
April 9th, 2010, 18:19
Hello , :wavey:, firepower should be a separate instal on its own.Add ons are limited to firepower aircraft skins. It still has some aircraft that havent been made by the community yet but there catching up.Nek is still used , I would imagine its now included in the theater downloads ? Adding it is a good idea to all except fire power. If you been away for a while like me , the new downloads are great and many. separate instals for all theaters is the go.

Barnstorm
April 9th, 2010, 18:35
Thanks for the relpy. So if I add NEK 1&2 to my #1 CFS3 install, then use that to copy and re-name for my ETO, PTO, ect, I should be O.K.? I remember needing various A/C, weapons, sounds and effects packs for add-on missions; Are these included now in ETO/PTO/MAW?

I just want to tell everyone here who has been involve with the development of this web-site you have have done an outstanding job!! It was great before, but has improved many times over since I was last active here. Nicely Done!!

grizzly50
April 9th, 2010, 19:25
:kilroy:Barnstorm, ETO, PTO, and MAW have their own versions of NEK already included.

These three stand-alone theaters require a clean, unmodded, fully-updated (3.1 and 3.1a) vanilla CFS3 install. Anything else, and you will have problems.

FirePower can't be used with ETO at all, except with the special FP to ETO Heavy Bombers package also available from Aussiex, where ETO is offered.:d

Barnstorm
April 9th, 2010, 19:37
Excellent Grizz!
That's just what I needed to know I guess the same applies for KS as well.

After the install, do I need any add'l weapons/sounds/effects packs or are ETO/PTO complete packages? Maybe I don't NEED them, but are there optional downloads to enhance the "immersion" factor? Maybe I am getting these packages mixed-up with the individual missions I used to download....If so, just slap me:isadizzy: (its been awhile).

grizzly50
April 10th, 2010, 03:53
:kilroy:Barnstorm, you won't find a more comprehensive package anywhere other than ETO. I assure you that it is quite loaded, and still under near constant further development. There are many things in there you won't find anywhere else.

Check this out: http://www.ww2aircombat.com/

I also very highly recommend the ETO Installation Guide, available at these two locations: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=22434 and http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3890

The full ETO and PTO download pacakages are available here: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=10

PTO is also under development at this time to bring it up to ETO standards.:d

Barnstorm
April 10th, 2010, 06:08
Thanks Grizz, That is very informative and well put together. Is there a similar guile for PTO as well? I remember that the files had to be installed in numberical order, beginnig with the first version.

grizzly50
April 10th, 2010, 06:39
:kilroy:Barnstorm, so far there is no proper installation guide for PTO, as PTO has not yet been upgraded to ETO standards.

Yes, PTO 1.4 build is first (do not confuse this with the 1.40 Update), followed by the updates, in numerical order.

You will, in all likelyhood, need to do all of the adjustments for Windows 7 that you need to do for ETO or even stock CFS3.:d