PDA

View Full Version : NAS Pensacola Ver. 1.3 Released

jdhaenens
April 7th, 2010, 06:50
NAS Pensacola Ver. 1.3 is available at Flightsim dot com and Simviation.

Enjoy!

Jim

stovall
April 7th, 2010, 07:03
Thanks Jim, downloading now!!!!

olaf1924
April 7th, 2010, 07:47
Jim I look forward to everyone of your fsx releases including your latest project.:applause::applause:

res non verba
April 7th, 2010, 09:12
Nice! Thanks!

:ernae:

VCN-1
April 7th, 2010, 09:16
Thank you.

VCN-1

Nick C
April 7th, 2010, 09:42
Thanks Jim. :applause::applause::applause:

JoeW
April 7th, 2010, 10:18
Good show, Jim ......... Thanks :salute:

Antoninus
April 7th, 2010, 11:43
Thanks! I love your sceneries.

Roadburner440
April 7th, 2010, 19:18
Thank you Jim. Going to have to download it when I get home from work. I'll check it out tomorrow on my way back to Jacksonville from picking my F/A-18E up from the factory in St. Louis. Will make for a nice stop to check it out.

Prowler1111
April 7th, 2010, 20:13
Excellent, nothing less...got a question, is there a way to make those arresting wires work?

Prowler

frankwi
April 7th, 2010, 20:53
Excellent work ! My wife and I went to Pensacola two years ago for vacation. We went to the Naval Aviation Museum and it was very interesting. This scenery has the Tomcat on a post that is in front of the museum entrance. I can remember exactly where we parked by looking at this. Thanks !

jdhaenens
April 7th, 2010, 21:04
Thanks folks. @Prowler: Arrestor cables by Rich Hogan works. Sparouty was trying to get the Acceleration stuff to work and he had a semi-workable method, but I haven't had an update recently.
I suppose you could make another model with the cable in various states of extension and trigger it in a mission like you can with something exploding.

sparouty
April 7th, 2010, 22:10
Hi!
Jim you're right and unfortunately I didn't take enough time to finalize my scenery FLCP package.
It's composed of a FLOLS trailer which doesn't use any Acceleration feature and so work as scenery object (but no working wave off lights) and wires using Acceleration tags (which work even if compiled into bgl file).
It's for from being perfect but it allows to have some interesting FLCP session :icon_lol:

Jim, sorry for being so "quiet", I will sent you my last package of scenery objects and then you'll see if it adds something new/nice to your great sceneries.

Regards,
Sylvain

Roadburner440
April 8th, 2010, 04:41
I didn't realize Jim Dhaenens has created so many naval air bases... I must say sir you have done a great service to the naval community. I am downloading a few of the other bases now. Your work truly is stellar though, and good work on NAS Pensacola!

rvn817j
April 8th, 2010, 06:40
Thanks Jim (and Sparouty and all the others). This is such really great stuff. Not only is it good in FSX, but it brings back memories of a great way to spend two years of your life. (That life starts with getting your head shaved, running the PT course and marching the 'grinder', and ends with you flying jets from the lovely runways at P'cola!) Reports of trips to the Naval Aviation Museum have inspired me to plan a trip there soon. (BTW Sparouty, we used to call it Fleet Carrier Landing Practice or FCLP, but it could have changed in the 20 years since I was last doing those things.) Thanks again, this is a great scenery.

sparouty
April 8th, 2010, 07:04
(BTW Sparouty, we used to call it Fleet Carrier Landing Practice or FCLP, but it could have changed in the 20 years since I was last doing those things.)

FCLP? Sorry ... but French and dyslexic it doesn't really help...:d
In french we say "ASSP" (means Appontage Simulé Sur Piste) which is more comfortable for dyslexic guys like me...:kilroy:

S.

rvn817j
April 8th, 2010, 07:12
The military lexicon is full of them. (I've seen that thought also mentioned in other threads today.) Sparouty, your language skills are much better in mine, than mine will ever be in yours. Merci - for the French lesson.

thetford569
April 9th, 2010, 12:57
Jim,

excellent job as always! I love the new version. The ramp lighting is showing during the daytime and is "washing out" the ramp when viewed from the air. I saw one of your screenshots showed this problem so I guess it's a side effect of the new lighting? Is there any way to fix that other than removing the lighting? If you don't know what I mean I can post a screenshot.

Brandon

Carvalho
April 9th, 2010, 13:13
Thanks Jim!:jump:

jdhaenens
April 9th, 2010, 19:49
Brandon: No there is no other way. The ramplights.bgl is the one you need to remove to get rid of the wash. ...I kind of liked the effect so I kept it. LOL

Jim

navy81
April 12th, 2010, 06:45
Jim,
Another great effort! TACAN works 4.0 too, thanks.
I did note that all of the T-6's and T-39's had disappeared from the VT-4, 10 and 86 ramps. Was that intentional, or did I miss something?

As always, thanks again for your great work.
Also, not to put too much pressure on your shoulders - but any chance for the following:
NAVY Chambers (NAS Norfolk)
Updated NAS Whidbey (with working TACAN)
NAWS China Lake
NAWS Pt Mugu
NAS Roosevelt Roads

Deke
Navy81

lawdawg
April 12th, 2010, 13:40
Jim,
Thank you for sharing your outstanding work with us.
I have this latest version & really appreciate it
:ernae:

jdhaenens
April 12th, 2010, 13:57
Thanks, gents.

Deke, have you got the OZx Death Valley scenery? There's a NAWS China Lake in that. It's a little light on buildings (missing a compound here and there), but significantly improved from the original.

navy81
April 12th, 2010, 16:08
Thanks, gents.

Deke, have you got the OZx Death Valley scenery? There's a NAWS China Lake in that. It's a little light on buildings (missing a compound here and there), but significantly improved from the original.

Jim,
Yes i do have that scenery. You are right, the airfield is vastly improved over the stock version. Nonetheless, having seen your Corpus, P-cola, Oceana, Mayport, North Island, and especially, Fallon, one gets easily spoiled. Having flown out of all of these over the years, I can tell you that your sceneries rock! Keep up the great work. If there is anything I can assist with, please don't hesitate to get hold of me.

I'm still shaking my head at the Fallon scenery. WOW.

jdhaenens
April 12th, 2010, 19:11
...for the T-6's and T-39's, you should have 2 .bgl's: t6stat.bgl and t39stat.bgl. These are placement files for the models in the knpaobj.bgl object library. If you don't have 'em, let me know.

Jim

jdhaenens
April 13th, 2010, 06:39
...and for the record, John Stinstrom did most of North Island. All I did was the ground and changes to make it FSX compatible.

strykerpsg
April 13th, 2010, 09:34
Any chance at some screenshots? I am always up for nice military scenery that compliments my new military birds.

Matt

jdhaenens
April 13th, 2010, 11:04
Here are some

MartinM
April 13th, 2010, 12:18
NAS Pensacola Ver. 1.3 is available at Flightsim dot com and Simviation.

Enjoy!

Jim

Hi Jim

Is this one newer than the one you included in FD6? Can i make the cables work?

Thx

Cheers
Martin

jdhaenens
April 13th, 2010, 12:55
Yes it is. You can use Arrestor Cables By Rich Hogen to make the emergency cables work.