PDA

View Full Version : CFS 3 controller limitations

Dangerousdave26
April 6th, 2010, 13:09
With in the last month I installed CFS 3 into my pseudo gaming rig (pseudo because its far too old to be considered a real gamer) again.

Since last year at this time when I did the big reformat and installed W7 Beta I have added a few more controllers to my simulator. Now that I have again reformatted and gone back to XP Pro and installed CFS3 its time to set it up.

However it seems that CFS 3 does not like all of my controllers.

Here is the issue.

Saitek Yoke with attached Throttle Quadrant
Saitek Rudder pedals
Saitek add on Throttle Quadrant X3

CFS 3 sees all three Throttle Quadrants but it will only assign controls to the first one and then it will not save the settings in my saved profile.

I can select all of the Throttle Quadrants but it is only when I move a lever on the first controller that it recognizes the Axis.

Other than using the SST software is there a way to make CFS 3 properly apply and save the settings to the Throttle Quadrants.

My goal is to have 4 throttle levers, 4 Propeller levers and 4 Mixture levers set up the same way as I have them set up for FS9.

noelberrier
April 6th, 2010, 14:38
Maybe you should try to save the config, then edit the XML file, just to see wether there are three different entyries for the quadrant or not.

If there are, you can easily assign your controls by text editing. Not really fancy but it should work.