PDA

View Full Version : One of my fav. movie clips...

Wittpilot
April 5th, 2010, 18:15
From "Memphis Belle" the '90's version'
Even though the movie was just too "Hollywood"... It had some shining moments.... This is probably my favorite scene... and then shortly after this scene, where they all taxi out... Two best parts of the movie, and the best, no acting! Just B-17's..

I would have loved to been there when they filmed these scenes... I think it would have been great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq-u4ptHueA

letsgetrowdy
April 5th, 2010, 22:46
I love this movie, it is my of my all time favourites. My best scene is where they just touch down at the end.

tigisfat
April 5th, 2010, 23:07
Didn't they have a mass gathering of many B-17s for the filming of this movie?

I think they wrecked one too.

Snuffy
April 6th, 2010, 03:01

LOL!

Ya think?

Or rather are all the other 17s in the film CGI?

TomSteber
April 6th, 2010, 03:59
LOL!

Ya think?

Or rather are all the other 17s in the film CGI?

No, they really did have a lot of 17's there for the filming. Don't remember exactly how many (9+?), but they did lose one during filming. It was one based in France if memory serves me correct.

lifejogger
April 6th, 2010, 04:07
I read when they made the movies they painted each side of the B-17 with different markings so that during the filming it looked like they had twice as many B-17s than they really did.

kilo delta
April 6th, 2010, 04:37
No, they really did have a lot of 17's there for the filming. Don't remember exactly how many (9+?), but they did lose one during filming. It was one based in France if memory serves me correct.

You are correct in that it was a French owned -17. Here's the crash....

7G7gqlR9GPc

Snuffy
April 6th, 2010, 06:16
Actual 8th footage ...

JET2KAWSmGg

Wittpilot
April 6th, 2010, 15:31

They used 5 real aircraft for the film; 3 from the USA, 2 from France, and 1 from the U.K. Yes an aircraft crashed during filming...

EDIT, sorry, didn't see that the video of the crash was already posted!