PDA

View Full Version : This is amazing

von Bek
April 5th, 2010, 13:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE

Just amazing...

harleyman
April 5th, 2010, 14:00
WOW...Yes that was cool....Thanks for that ...

cheezyflier
April 5th, 2010, 14:05
i agree! :applause:

Dain Arns
April 5th, 2010, 14:10
Heh, don't try this at home... :icon_lol:

Wing_Z
April 5th, 2010, 14:15
Why not - it's all in a day's work...:d
While this is spectacular, it has practical application.
My mate the digger driver does this every day.
He has a 5-tonne digger and a 10-tonne tip truck.
The sides are perhaps 3m high, which makes ramps into it impractical.
So at the end of the job he puts the digger in the back of the truck, pretty much like the video shows, using arm and track lugs, and drives off (With the 4x4 towed behind on an A-frame)
Next morning it's off the back again and on with the work.
These guys have total faith in their equipment and maintenance work.
Great video.

HouseHobbit
April 5th, 2010, 16:32
WOW..
I am speechless..

:applause::applause::applause:

tigisfat
April 5th, 2010, 17:50
The first minute was very confusing, but that was awesome.

Ken Stallings
April 5th, 2010, 18:06
I wanted to ask about the TV program. Is this a common thing to have English and German so naturally intermingled in a German TV program?

I'm still watching the video, so I'll comment on that a bit later.

Cheers,

Ken

Ken Stallings
April 5th, 2010, 18:15
Certainly a video with a premium on physics and skill with machinery.

But, my question is how did they get it back down? I cannot see an obvious way the back hoe let itself down. Did they carefully lower the entire rig with the back hoe affixed at the top?

Ken

MCDesigns
April 5th, 2010, 18:34
LOL, was pretty cool, but I gotta ask, do the Germans have nothing better to do on a fri night? Kinda like the John Deere version of Monster trucks, LOL.

Piglet
April 5th, 2010, 22:42
If they tried that here in the US, that operator would have to wear a super-duper helmet, firesuit, bubble wrap, and have a squad of lawyers on the sidelines....

Dain Arns
April 5th, 2010, 22:50
If they tried that here in the US, that operator would have to wear a super-duper helmet, firesuit, bubble wrap, and have a squad of lawyers on the sidelines....

Be an OSHA violation. Not wearing fall protection. :icon_lol:

tigisfat
April 5th, 2010, 23:01
Certainly a video with a premium on physics and skill with machinery.

But, my question is how did they get it back down? I cannot see an obvious way the back hoe let itself down. Did they carefully lower the entire rig with the back hoe affixed at the top?

Ken

I can see how it would look like it wouldn't work in opposite, but it works the exact same. As it lowers itself into position, it would be feeling the exact same pressures in the exact same positions, such as the pre-contact with the skids being the exact same as when it would start to release pressure.

GT182
April 6th, 2010, 07:11
:eek: Absolutely amazing! :applause::applause::applause: That guy sure has big uns. Great trust and skill combined. As for the guy with the mic standing underneath the backhoe while it was climbing..... IDIOT!!!!!

Like Tigs says Ken.... it comes down the same way it went up... one step at a time.

At first I thought it was a monument for something or someone. Then when he did his climbing stunt I thought it was to be a monument for the machinery company, and it would stay up there. I wish they'd showed if it stayed or climbed down....

von Bek do you lnow what they did afterwards? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Michael, that has anything John Deere has done beat all to hell. ;)

What would be cool.... one opposite each other climbing to the top.

Snuffy
April 6th, 2010, 07:14
... von Bek do you lnow what they did afterwards? Inquiring minds would like to know.

they locked all the equipment down so no one could start it ... and left it there as a monument. LOL! :bump:

Chacha
April 6th, 2010, 07:30
Thanks for sharing Von!
Super amazing!
I have to hold me breath while watching! :ernae:

Heh, don't try this at home... :icon_lol:

When my daughter was a toddler,
She would play with her toy train and it will climb walls and window pane up to the fridge... ;)

GT182
April 6th, 2010, 07:36
Not to take away from von Bek's video but I watched this one that showed at the bottom when it was over.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=RobaJKGMMiE

Ok, Back on Tipic. Pun intended ;)

Bjoern
April 6th, 2010, 10:56
I wanted to ask about the TV program. Is this a common thing to have English and German so naturally intermingled in a German TV program?

Well, TV is all dubbed over here, and during big live events ("Wetten Dass...?" is one of those), there's always a realtime translator in the background.

So now you know why most germans can't speak english properly...

LOL, was pretty cool, but I gotta ask, do the Germans have nothing better to do on a fri night? Kinda like the John Deere version of Monster trucks, LOL.

The bet took place in Austria, not Germany.

- Edit: LoL, what a huge applause when it was announced that the digger runs entirely on petrol from renewable sources.

- Editē: A nightmare for any engineer. Operating stuff way out of its specifications. xP