PDA

View Full Version : AI question

Warrant
November 9th, 2008, 08:29
Kinda goofed up my AI in FSX by installing World of AI components (time limited flight plans etc) together with still working WoAI military sceduals. Now my regular traffic (all civilian aviation) is gone.

Anyone have a quick and snappy solution to reset the whole thing?

:isadizzy:

guzler
November 9th, 2008, 09:21
The WOAI flight plans are probably FS9 format (even though you selected FSX installation) and will stop the others from working.

AI Flight Planner can locate and convert them to FSX which will bring back your other flight plans. This happened to me a while ago.

I use AIFP 1.40.

Hope this helps

mjrhealth
November 9th, 2008, 11:36
BAsically any airport that has a FS9 plan start or end will not have FSX AI show up, itss just one of those wonderful fsx features, they will however show up at any airport where there are no fs9 plans attached.

JSkorna
November 9th, 2008, 17:05
BAsically any airport that has a FS9 plan start or end will not have FSX AI show up, itss just one of those wonderful fsx features, they will however show up at any airport where there are no fs9 plans attached.

No, this is not correct.

IanP
November 9th, 2008, 22:51
If you have any FS9 AI, it will kill ALL AI traffic in FSX format, not just that using the same airports - all the surrounding airports, sea freight, aircraft carriers, car ferries, etc will be affected as well.

I used AIFPC (AI Flight Plan Converter) to convert all my FS9 traffic_*.bgl files to FSX format, but as has already been mentioned, AI Flight Planner can do it too. Apart from a couple of custom packages made from Alpha India plans, with appropriate aircraft, all my realistic AI right now is WOAI and MAIW. I canned MyTraffic for a number of reasons.

Ian P.

guzler
November 10th, 2008, 02:31
If you have any FS9 AI, it will kill ALL AI traffic in FSX format, not just that using the same airports - all the surrounding airports, sea freight, aircraft carriers, car ferries, etc will be affected as well.

I used AIFPC (AI Flight Plan Converter) to convert all my FS9 traffic_*.bgl files to FSX format, but as has already been mentioned, AI Flight Planner can do it too. Apart from a couple of custom packages made from Alpha India plans, with appropriate aircraft, all my realistic AI right now is WOAI and MAIW. I canned MyTraffic for a number of reasons.

Ian P.

Correct.
What confused me about WOAI (Which I now too use instead of MT) is although I was installing into FSX as per the installer it actually installs FS9 flight plans. AI Flight planner will identify FS9 files and let you do a batch conversion, it really is easy as even I did it !!!

Cactuskid
November 10th, 2008, 05:39
Peter van der Veen's FS9 to FSX FP converter has worked great for me for both WoAI and MAIW packages. I now have 365 civilian and 129 military packages installed. The drawbacks are that once installed, the default commercial and GA AI no longer appear (I still have boats and ground traffic though), and on some of the older military packages the canopy glass is not visible. When I install AI packs, by default they go into scenery/world/scenery. When I convert them, I put them into separate civilian AI/scenery and military AI/scenery files in add-on scenery. I then go back and delete the FS9 bgl's in scenery/world/scenery and I'm good to go. I still want to try JF's Traffic X and see how it does... :wiggle:

JimC1702
November 10th, 2008, 08:12
If you'd rather not convert the World of AI flight plans, you can dowload the file "worldga.zip" from the Avsim Library. It will give you a nice batch of GA traffic. Also, don't forget the GA packages that World of AI offers.

Jim

IanP
November 10th, 2008, 08:23
If you'd rather not convert the World of AI flight plans, you can dowload the file "worldga.zip" from the Avsim Library. It will give you a nice batch of GA traffic. Also, don't forget the GA packages that World of AI offers.

Jim

The major downside of that is that you will still destroy all your other AI - any that comes with true FSX add-ons and any ships that are installed at all (as the global routes are not supported by FS9 format plans anyway).

Converting them is the only option, not the best one, if you want to use FSX properly.

Through another site, where I occasionally post news to the front page, I have been offered a copy of JustFlight's offering to review - after speaking to them at the show in Brum last weekend, I may well take them up on that.

Ian P.